Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

So unfair

I wonder can you appeal that. Seems very unfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

gestappo wrote: »
    Are people still receiving texts/emails from publicjobs now?

I'm still waiting. Surname starts with B

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

julyjane wrote: »
    I'm still waiting. Surname starts with B

Could be based on candidate number and/or date you took assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Fails are sent first

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Those of you who failed the questionnaire - do any of you have Level 8 degrees?

And those who passed, does anyone have less than a Level 8?

I do!

I failed the questionnaire by 4 points and flew through the others...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

gestappo wrote: »
    Could be based on candidate number and/or date you took assessments?

Must be candidate number, asI only finished the questionnaire ten minutes before closing, and the maths/verbal the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I have a job I like with a good wage. I applied for the job security. So maybe it's only right I didn't get through with all the people unemployed at the moment.

Well done to everyone who passed the rest of us can try again on the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

redmgar wrote: »
    Fails are sent first

You'd think it would be the opposite so people would have less chance of contacting them on a Friday evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

It's not going in alphabetical order, my surname begins with W.

To the person who asked about people failing on the questionnaire having a level 8 degree, I do. Why would it be relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

I presume "Questionnaire" includes the situational as well as personality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

redmgar wrote: »
    Fails are sent first
    Praying for my niece.She hasn't had a result back yet and if it does go by surname she is J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Neither myself or a colleague heard anything yet.. Very odd.... I thought the usual routine was a mass notification sent last thing in the evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

Anyone mind briefly explaining the significance of these results for anyone who does get through? (No results here yet to be clear)

Are the chances high to get a job if you manage to get to interview stage? Sorry if this an obvious question, haven't been able to find much info on how the recruitment process works for civil service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

My surname starts with K and have gotten nothing yet, so probably not done alphabetically. Not expecting anything remotely positive so look it, what'll be will be. Sorry to those who haven't gotten through yet, these tests were a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

The fails are sent first, its not alphabetical.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭CivilCybil

mulligja wrote: »
    Anyone mind briefly explaining the significance of these results for anyone who does get through? (No results here yet to be clear)

Are the chances high to get a job if you manage to get to interview stage? Sorry if this an obvious question, haven't been able to find much info on how the recruitment process works for civil service.

I would say people who pass this round will do etray. Then get an order of merit and get called to interview based on that order of merit.

It might either be called for interview as jobs arise which means if you pass interview there's a job waiting.

Or pass interview and then sit on a panel with a new order of merit until a job comes up.
    No guarantee at any stage until you're actually offered the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I would say people who pass this round will do etray. Then get an order of merit and get called to interview based on that order of merit.

It might either be called for interview as jobs arise which means if you pass interview there's a job waiting.

Or pass interview and then sit on a panel with a new order of merit until a job comes up.
    No guarantee at any stage until you're actually offered the job

So your order of merit on a panel factors in these scores? I assumed that it'd just be based on interview

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carlow20

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Anyone know of anyone who passed? No word here yet.

I passed. Just got my result

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Unfortunately, at the end of the day, there will always be somebody who misses out by a point or two. Unless they scored them incorrectly (unlikely), an appeal wont be of much benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Happy4

Sorry for those that didn't get through.. I passed (delighted).. and got an OOM in the email aswell

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 68

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 49

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 60

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 128

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭CivilCybil

floorpie wrote: »
    So your order of merit on a panel factors in these scores? I assumed that it'd just be based on interview

Once the etray is done the OOM decides who gets called for interview first.
    So someone who finishes these tests at number 10 will have a better chance of being called for interview that someone at 300.
    Some never get called for interview before the competition expires. Some make it to panel after interview and never get placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Happy4 wrote: »
    Sorry for those that didn't get through.. I passed (delighted).. and got an OOM in the email aswell

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 68

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 49

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 60

Well done. That's a great result

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Missed out by 1 point on the numerical. Not too miffed as my current CO role is interesting and varied.

Good luck to those who've passed and to those who didn't there'll be plenty more opportunities going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Ask for feedback, they have to give it to you and explain where you got it wrong

Feedback is suitably vague for these tests. They will never release the reasoning behind scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

floorpie wrote: »

Those placed highest In their region after this rounds scores are placed in a batch and may be called to an interview( and etray) on the same day. If successful the candidates scores from interview and etray determine where they are placed in their region ( this supersedes the previous placing in that batch) and are placed if any positions become vacant.
    This is only my take and even if successful you may not receive an offer if their are no vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Happy4 wrote: »

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 68

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 49

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 60

So they didn't count the numerical in the scores for oom.

Great result well done

I'm still waiting to hear

Im seeking feedback on that joke of a questionnaire.

Grand I failed on the numerical by 1 mark but I knew when I saw that stupid questionnaire again that I was gone.
    I passed it last time and apparently couldn't get close to a pass this time.

The situations they give are ridiculous and as far as im concerned a lot of the answers were arbitrary.
    Just because Joe Bloggs thinks the 3rd answer is poor doesnt mean it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭furrybones

Carlow20 wrote: »
    I passed. Just got my result

Congratulations!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

All this waiting is nerve wrecking !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Blarney_man

Im seeking feedback on that joke of a questionnaire.

Grand I failed on the numerical by 1 mark but I knew when I saw that stupid questionnaire again that I was gone.
    I passed it last time and apparently couldn't get close to a pass this time.

The situations they give are ridiculous and as far as im concerned a lot of the answers were arbitrary.
    Just because Joe Bloggs thinks the 3rd answer is poor doesnt mean it was.

I'm doing the same, they won't have me just pull out, they'll have to explain every question and rating for it, I'm just gonna wreck their heads, it will disqualify me but might help future competitors

Advertisement