Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 batteriess

It's basically a ranking based on the results of the previous stage. At this point it will be used to call people for the next stage, after which the OOM will change again.

So will everyone who ranked be contacted? I see some people losing hope for ranking low on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Got 167 for Dublin, hopefully I get something.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

I'd say its impossible to know.

Saying “well done you’ve made the OOM” in the 400s feels a bit like getting a participation medal in a Mini marathon. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dulachodladh

I got OOM 97 for Dublin, is that good?

Honestly didn't think id pass.

Congrats to those who passed and commiserations to those who didn't.

There will be more comps I'm sure. Head up.

That’s a fantastic result for Dublin, you’ll be called up To the next stage certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lynneee19

Congratulations to all who passed and I'm sorry for those that didn't, including myself.
    I just have a quick question.
    Can ye remind me of the questionnaire? I can't remember what it was like.
    I passed all other parts apart from that questionnaire. Missed out by 1 point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

219 for Dublin in the Open Stream. Which I hope is pretty decent?

Do they work through the interdepartmental stream first and then move on to the open stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭furrybones

Booklad86 wrote: »
    Saying “well done you’ve made the OOM” in the 400s feels a bit like getting a participation medal in a Mini marathon. ��

Especially this year, as they already sent out medals before the 'virtual mini marathon' even began!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MollG

lynneee19 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all who passed and I'm sorry for those that didn't, including myself.
    I just have a quick question.
    Can ye remind me of the questionnaire? I can't remember what it was like.
    I passed all other parts apart from that questionnaire. Missed out by 1 point...
    The questionnaire gave a number of situations and we had to indicate how to deal with a situation by picking an option and rating how effective it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

So is it 100% etray next or are we all just basing it off the last one? I cant remember what the booklet said and dont have access to the work pc to check it until tomorrow

What does the etray entail?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

batteriess wrote: »
    So will everyone who ranked be contacted? I see some people losing hope for ranking low on the list

I don't know, it depends on how many people show up when called. I think it's usually done in batches, but it's also usually done in person, so if it's online they may just call everyone who qualified. I really don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Anyone hear results for Limerick or also waiting? I got in the 200's for Clare so that boat might have sailed...

Etray and interview to be done yet, you could end up in the top 10 at the final stage.

Just a passenger

What does the etray entail?

Its a mock up of a "day" as an eo, ypu get emails to respond to, a letter to write up and meetings to plan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trazer

Verbal 70s, numerical 60s, questionnaire 40s

Overall Oom Dublin early 400s

Tough going overall and happy enough I got a pass. Think I will not go forward in comp as that is not good enough.

If questionnaire had been more in line with others I may have got a decent Oom.

Only gripe would be the relevance of the questionnaire. I find it to be a lottery. And if course the test difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Any tipperary results out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

Does anybody ACTUALLY know the process this year? I know everything is up the air.

Does anybody ACTUALLY know the process this year? I know everything is up the air.

From what I remember of the booklet even pas don't know, they just said the process would contain one or more of these things.

So I think its all being based on past competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katekeogh95

Hi all,

So I passed, however it appears I inadvertently ticked Donegal instead of Dublin during the initial application. I’ve emailed PAS to explain that as I’m already a CO living and working in Dublin but I’m not hopeful. Is anyone aware of this happening before and PAS being sound? I’m devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

Why are people saying they'll not continue the process, based on their current OOM. Is your final OOM not determined based on the e-tray and interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Trazer wrote: »
    Verbal 70s, numerical 60s, questionnaire 40s

Overall Oom Dublin early 400s

Tough going overall and happy enough I got a pass. Think I will not go forward in comp as that is not good enough.

If questionnaire had been more in line with others I may have got a decent Oom.

Only gripe would be the relevance of the questionnaire. I find it to be a lottery. And if course the test difficulty

400 is still very good for Dublin.

I just checked my old messages and for example, in the 2016 EO competition they called forward just under 1800 on OOM to stage 2. Perhaps they will do it in smaller batches now as it will likely be remote. The point is, if you've passed you should be happy for now and just wait and see what PAS say in the next few weeks! Well done to all who passed.

• Advertisement

floorpie wrote: »
    Why are people saying they'll not continue the process, based on their current OOM. Is your final OOM not determined based on the e-tray and interview?

A lot of people dont understand the OOM properly.

This OOM is just for who gets called to the next stage first, so 1 to 100 will be called to do etray and interviews, then when they're all done 101 to 200 so on and so forth.

Those numbers are literally plucked from my head btw, they were the last ones revenue used on an internal

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Hi all,

So I passed, however it appears I inadvertently ticked Donegal instead of Dublin during the initial application. I’ve emailed PAS to explain that as I’m already a CO living and working in Dublin but I’m not hopeful. Is anyone aware of this happening before and PAS being sound? I’m devastated!

I am aware of this exact thing happening to a former colleague who ticked Donegal instead of Dublin. He contacted PAS and they were sound but it was a much smaller competition. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Still waiting here but im always contacted late, 18.55 for the last link

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Well done everyone that passed. Hard luck to those who didn’t, you gotta keep trying. Best of luck in next round guys.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katekeogh95

MrsBean wrote: »
    I am aware of this exact thing happening to a former colleague who ticked Donegal instead of Dublin. He contacted PAS and they were sound but it was a much smaller competition. Best of luck!

Jesus I hope so! Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Dario Unimportant Sink

MuchZeus wrote: »
    failed verbal reasoning, yet passed the questionnaire and that headwrecker of a numerical reasoning test...

i really wanted to get this job...

when will they have another EO competition?

Same here, missed by 2 points but did well in the other 2....ridiculous process

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Passed but well over 1200 OOM for Dublin.

The questionaire is a mystery how to answer, and a lottery to me.

Disappointed in numerical, I thought I was getting the answers okay, though spent a good time on it, and on one question in particular.
    First time doing num/verbal. Done questionaire before.

Will invitations to do e-tray be everyone who passed or only up to a certain OOM or total score?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Got 980 for Dublin, do I have any chance? I also applied for another county so I did I get a result for both counties ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

What counties have they posted does anyone know? See a lot of Dublin but not much else on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I did better in the numerical than the verbal. Pretty high OOM so don't think i've any chance.

Advertisement