Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

I passed. It’s a miracle really. Wasn’t very confident after the test. Hard luck to those who didn’t make it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 katti

Quick question. I am hugely unfamiliar with the whole process. Is it normal that they have just used the results from my verbal reasoning and questionnaire when in actual fact I scored higher on the numerical than either of the higher too?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Jay328 wrote: »
    Got 167 for Dublin, hopefully I get something.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

May I ask your score, that seems unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

Passed but well over 1200 OOM for Dublin.

The questionaire is a mystery how to answer, and a lottery to me.

Disappointed in numerical, I thought I was getting the answers okay, though spent a good time on it, and on one question in particular.
    First time doing num/verbal. Done questionaire before.

Will invitations to do e-tray be everyone who passed or only up to a certain OOM or total score?

Usually up to a certain score, then when they get through all them they call the next lot of numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I passed - under 1500 in Dublin. Did better in numerical than verbal which I was stunned about.
    Commiserations to those who didnt get through and good luck to those still in the mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

They called up to the 3000's for the next stage in the 2018 competition. I got in the 1600s for this one and feel it's quite a good result, relatively speaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

What counties have they posted does anyone know? See a lot of Dublin but not much else on here

I would love to know too. My friend in Cork got hers and passed

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

katti wrote: »
    Quick question. I am hugely unfamiliar with the whole process. Is it normal that they have just used the results from my verbal reasoning and questionnaire when in actual fact I scored higher on the numerical than either of the higher too?

They never factor in numerical result in overall score. It is just pass/fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

I would love to know too. My friend in Cork got hers and passed

Seems to be by county alphabetically, looks to be still on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jaqqq

I failed with these marks. Cork was my first choice:

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 55

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 57

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 36

Not too surprised to fail but I thought the verbal was quite difficult. This is the third ever public service competition like this I've entered and in the other two I did far better in the verbal than numerical so not sure what happened here. Not annoyed with the personality test score, trying to do well in them is like playing solitaire blindfolded. Anyway, best of luck to those who progressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

This is the slowest form of torture... just let me know already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 katti

Ah ok. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Waiting for Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

What is the difference between "open steam" and "interdepartmental"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Dario Unimportant Sink

What's the point of doing the Math's if it does not go part of your results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Any sign of Louth? Placed just over 1200 in open for Dublin Open.. Sub 500 for Interdepartmental. Highest score was numerical.. Still dont know how!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Because if you fail, you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Because you have to demonstrate a standard of numerical ability. If you dont pass the pass standard then you cannot progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I passed thankfully . What a wait !! I am sweating !

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭furrybones

I am assuming open stream is for those not already in the public sector while interdepartmental is for those who are.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Open = anyone outside the Civil service

Interdepartmental = those currently working within the civil service.

I'm open to correction...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    I passed thankfully . What a wait !! I am sweating !

Congratulations, what county did you get

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

OOM 847 for Dublin. This mean I'm in it for the long haul? This is my first public service recruitment campaign so am a bit lost as to what all this means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lkgirl2020

Anyone else OOM way high for EO than Co?? So strange Co was like 400 odd for my county Eo I'm under 100,

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score    39
    Your Score 55

Numerical Reasoning Test 
    Qualifying Score    39
    Your Score 76

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score    37
    Your Score 66

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 121 

Placed at 32 for the county. Very pleased with the overall result but annoyed that my numerical score will now be discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

Congratulations, what county did you get

Thank you . I only put Dublin down

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

mulligja wrote: »
    OOM 847 for Dublin. This mean I'm in it for the long haul? This is my first public service recruitment campaign so am a bit lost as to what all this means.

Will be taken in batches for the next stage. Just means you will have to wait a bit. With that score, you should get called no problem to the next stage.

OOM just means that you placed (out of all others) for this stage. You passed the qualifying marker.

If you pass the next stage, and interview, then your OOM will be important.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

OOM - Mid 800s for Dublin

Verbal - 70
    Numerical - 56
    Questionaire - 43

There seems to be complete confusion over the significance of placement on OOM.

Are all those that passed likely to progress to e-tray? Does anyone know how long this panel will run for?

The more civil service competitions I enter, the more clear it becomes that the questionaire seems to be a total lottery.

Should I give up hope now and place it elsewhere? Because of the OOM confusion I have no idea where I stand. This is doing nothing to help my coronadole induced anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andrewsgirl

furrybones wrote: »
    I am assuming open stream is for those not already in the public sector while interdepartmental is for those who are.

Thats correct 😊

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Anyone know what the exams were scored out of? I'm OOM under top 50 for my second choice county, but no result for my first choice (I don't think I could take second choice county). I really want to improve my scores for the AO/ TS competition. I scored in mid 60s for all 3, but I just wonder were they scored out of 100?

Advertisement