Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

Passed, I am genuinely shocked I was sure I failed especially the numerical. Took me ages to build up the courage to open the message.. Congrats to all who passed and sorry to those who didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

OOM - Mid 800s for Dublin

Verbal - 70
    Numerical - 56
    Questionaire - 43

There seems to be complete confusion over the significance of placement on OOM.

Are all those that passed likely to progress to e-tray? Does anyone know how long this panel will run for?

The more civil service competitions I enter, the more clear it becomes that the questionaire seems to be a total lottery.

Should I give up hope now and place it elsewhere? Because of the OOM confusion I have no idea where I stand. This is doing nothing to help my coronadole induced anxiety.

As mentioned above, you should get a call to the next stage. Unless you got OOM of say 2,000 you may have to wait.

800s seems high but they will take hundreds in batches I assume.

Also, a lot won't take the next stage, maybe life changes etc.. Means that you will have better chance of getting to interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Passed

Verbal - 55
    Numerical - 65
    Questionnaire - 51

Galway OOM - 297

Presume that's the end of the road? Wouldnt imagine they'd be calling much more than 200 for etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

mulligja wrote: »
    OOM 847 for Dublin. This mean I'm in it for the long haul? This is my first public service recruitment campaign so am a bit lost as to what all this means.

We can't both be 847 mate. Can we?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Thats correct 😊

Open is for everyone including current civil servants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 markmc27

jules86 wrote: »
    Open is for everyone including current civil servants

So does everyone not in Civil service have a N/A for interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

You both can, if one is open and the other interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Passed

Verbal - 55
    Numerical - 65
    Questionnaire - 51

Galway OOM - 297

Presume that's the end of the road? Wouldnt imagine they'd be calling much more than 200 for etray?

Don't say that, I'm mid-300's for Galway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

You can. You both scored the same. For example, 5 people scored the same points and all get OOM of 847. The people who scored one point less than them get OOM of 852 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

markmc27 wrote: »
    So does everyone not in Civil service have a N/A for interdepartmental

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Still waiting here, I'm raging I even looked at boards this evening because I would have been none the wiser that they were even out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markmc27

Messi19 wrote: »
    Yes

Thats what I gathered from other posts, but I am not in it but have number for both

Further to your participation in Stage 1 (Questionnaire, Verbal assessment and Numerical Assessment) in respect of your candidature for the above competition, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed on the order of merit for Dublin.

Open stream OOM: 1491
    Interdepartmental stream OOM: 539

While you were required to reach the qualifying standard in each test, your place on the order of merit was determined by your scores in the Questionnaire and Verbal Reasoning Test only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

laoisgem wrote: »
    Still waiting here, I'm raging I even looked at boards this evening because I would have been none the wiser that they were even out :o

Presuming you're Laois, they have just done G so there are 3 K counties before you're up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Phantasos wrote: »
    Don't say that, I'm mid-300's for Galway. :(

I'm being very pessimistic don't mind me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TommyBatatheon

People shouldn't give up if they're a bit down the OOM. You'll definitely get the opportunity to sit the e-tray and if you do well in that you could see your OOM shoot up. Lots of people who placed will drop out of the competition for various reasons too. A colleague of mine had given up on the last EO comp a while back and just recently he placed well after interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BK92

Open OOM of 128 in Kerry, not sure what the depth of applications is like here but for a first timer I'm quite happy with that score :)

A friend of mine only chose the interdepartmental option for their county.

Will they have to sit the etray or is it Straight to interview?

She scored well on the OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

People shouldn't give up if they're a bit down the OOM. You'll definitely get the opportunity to sit the e-tray and if you do well in that you could see your OOM shoot up. Lots of people who placed will drop out of the competition for various reasons too. A colleague of mine had given up on the last EO comp a while back and just recently he placed well after interview.

So I’m 405 for Cork on the OOM. Are you saying that I could improve this in the next round (if things go well obviously!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TommyBatatheon

A friend of mine only chose the interdepartmental option for their county.

Will they have to sit the etray or is it Straight to interview?

She scored well on the OOM

She will have to do the etray.

She will have to do the etray.

Even though its interdepartmental?

She thought maybe that was only for the open stream.

She be disappointed now lol but sure might not be that bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Booklad86 wrote: »
    So I’m 405 for Cork on the OOM. Are you saying that I could improve this in the next round (if things go well obviously!)?

Yes you can improve it on the next 2 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Will they still send them now after 7?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is the OOM cumulative? Or will this one be scrapped entirely once the E-tray is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So, what's next, and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

Yes you can improve it on the next 2 rounds

Great thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Delighted with my oom. Have never done an e tray so that will be new to me.
    Think this is the first time my numerical has been better than verbal.
    Wondering why they would give adaptive tests for the numerical if it was a pass score only without being counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

markmc27 wrote: »
    Thats what I gathered from other posts, but I am not in it but have number for both

Further to your participation in Stage 1 (Questionnaire, Verbal assessment and Numerical Assessment) in respect of your candidature for the above competition, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed on the order of merit for Dublin.

Open stream OOM: 1491
    Interdepartmental stream OOM: 539

While you were required to reach the qualifying standard in each test, your place on the order of merit was determined by your scores in the Questionnaire and Verbal Reasoning Test only.

Same here, which led to my confusion. I'm not currently employed with civil service but received a number for open and interdepartmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 celticlau

Quick question, but I applied for Meath and Dublin, yet I seem to only have gotten results for Dublin... does anyone know why? Or did the same thing happen to anyone else?
    Bit confused about the whole thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Kerry is up.
    Got a higher oom than last time on open and interdepartmental . Lost out to the interview last time due to Covid.

Chances are good.
    Wonder how they will do the etray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

celticlau wrote: »
    Quick question, but I applied for Meath and Dublin, yet I seem to only have gotten results for Dublin... does anyone know why? Or did the same thing happen to anyone else?
    Bit confused about the whole thing....

They will be out later, they are staggered County by county. Loads still waiting on results

Advertisement