Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I'm still waiting!! Anyone on here apply for Wexford or Wicklow and have results yet?

They are issuing them in Alphabetical order so 'W' will be the last to come out.

I'm passed in my second choice county but still awaiting my first choice results.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

We can't both be 847 mate. Can we?

Apparently we can! Maybe we have exact same scores?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Josuke

Josuke wrote: »
    150s in Galway, delighted that I got through the assessments 😅

I probably have to stay in Limerick now for family reasons and that was my other choice, does this mean I'm fully out of the running for Limerick? Should have picked Clare as my second choice :(

Scratch that, got 160s in Limerick didn't realise you get an OOM for both. The difference is fairly negligent but I'm gonna try and hold out for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Got late 30s in cork - what are the chances here?

Anyone know what happens next/ how long this panel lasts?

I got in low oom 70s last year after etray. Didnt even get an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amsat

Jenda wrote: »

Thanks :) ! I should have explained better ! I actually meant the open stream and the Interdepartmental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 CoolroeMan

What happens next?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

I passed and am relieved... I'm in the 500's for Dublin and 150's for interdepartmental. Relieved to be still in the mix as I was convinced that I had not passed it. Is anyone sure of the next stage? Etray I assume will be done from home? Or will we have to do it in Chapter House with distancing? Also, is anyone aware of the numbers for Dublin applicants? Is 500 lowish or highish? It's hard to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 QuinnK80

Teresa94 wrote: »
    did you just get results now?

I got the email at 7.10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Trazer wrote: »
    It is really strange to me that the scores in the questionnaire takes preference to the scores in numerical. Numerical is pretty relevant to role, that questionaire completely irrelevant

Welcome to the civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

Passed so delighted.

Just for people asking on Oom etc. E tray is next and that is also a pass to get to interview and you can fail both or either. Some people pass E tray and fail interview. Nothing is guaranteed.

2018 comp.. Galway have called 223 for open and 58 interdepartmental Mayo have called 190 open and 62 interdepartmental. (those could have changed)

Oom will change after interview and that is when it counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

JacenSolo wrote: »
    What is the Interdepartmental stream OOM? I thought that was if you were already in the Civil Service? I'm not but got a score for it (higher than my general).

You might have ticked that box by accident;

You should probably email them next week and let them know as you couldn't go to interview for interdepartmental if your not eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

mulligja wrote: »
    Apparently we can! Maybe we have exact same scores?

I think the OOMs probably matter little in this first round and you guys probably got the same score somehow?

Anyhoo, I somehow passed this? I lolled when I saw the results because to say the live tests went disastrously would be an understatement. But here I still am I guess?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

Longford just released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

QuinnK80 wrote: »
    I got an OOM of 95 for my 2nd choice Kilkenny no mention of my first choice Tipperary

I got limerick 2nd choice no mention of tipp yet. I hope we get another message

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

Placed in the 30's for Cavan open and in the 10's for interdepartmental. Like many other people here I feel that the questionnaire is somewhat of a lottery. I got 57 so pleased enough. Glad the maths is just a pass/fail as I panicked and mucked up on some of the questions so didn't score as highly as I had in previous comps. E tray and interviews to come so I'm not getting too excited yet. I've been a CO for 2 and a half years and my next increment skips a step so it's not all doom and gloom if I don't get EO this time. Well done to all who passed and better luck next time to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Incognita

I got 33 in Kilkenny. Not sure where that ranks me but I'm thrilled to have passed. I was sure I did crap in the assessment. Any ideas what happens now ?!

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 57

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 53

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 65

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 122

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Yikes. Terrible result. OOM in the 3000s for Dublin. Numerical was by far my highest score. A good learning experience regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

Does anyone know if you carry your OOM into the next round or does the OOM start from scratch when you do the next assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jalopy

30th in Dublin, surprised..

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 76

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 65

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 61

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 137

I've gotten another job since the competition started, so not even sure if I'll proceed with this now. Would imagine there are others in the same boat, so definitely plenty of hope for others further down the order I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LifesgoodwithLG

Does anyone have any links where you can practise etray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 QuinnK80

I got limerick 2nd choice no mention of tipp yet. I hope we get another message

Same here🀞 I keep refreshing my emails

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LifesgoodwithLG

That's seriously impressive

Booklad86 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you carry your OOM into the next round or does the OOM start from scratch when you do the next assessment?

It will change again after the interviews. you can get better worse or fail. It's that's simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

For Limerick my 2nd choice - do we get another message for our 1st choice

Open stream OOM: 491
    Interdepartmental stream OOM: 169

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 44

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 58

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 55

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 99

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

jalopy wrote: »
    30th in Dublin, surprised..

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 76

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 65

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 61

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 137

I've gotten another job since the competition started, so not even sure if I'll proceed with this now. Would imagine there are others in the same boat, so definitely plenty of hope for others further down the order I'd say.

Finishing in top 100 for Dublin is an excellent result mate very well done. And I think it's worth noting for people like me way further down the OOMs - you're still in the game. There are at least another couple of rounds where you can improve your standing and in the meantime many people like this will have taken up other opportunities etc and your effective OOM will improve just by virtue of that alone. Stay hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

The wait.... it is gonna be a long evening if results are sent alphabetically by county and it is only about 1/2 way through on ‘L’ 🙈

Madelyn wrote: »
    It will change again after the interviews. you can get better worse or fail. It's that's simple.

Thanks. So let’s say for example, I’m 400 in the OOM. Will the next assessment base my new score off my current OOM or will it be calculated completely separately of my current OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Presuming you're Laois, they have just done G so there are 3 K counties before you're up.

Passed :D

Open Stream oom 30
    Interdepartmental Stream oom 14

I could faint I'm that shocked :eek:

Booklad86 wrote: »
    Thanks. So let’s say for example, I’m 400 in the OOM. Will the next assessment base my new score off my current OOM or will it be calculated completely separately of my current OOM?

new oom AFAIK. You could go to 401 or you could get 399 for eg. Some people get a lot better with Etray and interview and some not so good.

• Advertisement

Madelyn wrote: »
    new oom AFAIK. You could go to 401 or you could get 399 for eg. Some people get a lot better with Etray and interview and some not so good.

Many thanks! Good luck with the rest of the competition!

Advertisement