Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Username you choose

omega42 wrote: »
    Does this not mean that I have gotten through to the next round?

What's was your oder of merit?

Depends how many applied for your county?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

I passed, im over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

What's was your oder of merit?

Depends how many applied for your county?

180 ish for Longford & Leitrim, so how long do u think we will here.

omega42 wrote: »
    180 ish for Longford & Leitrim, so how long do u think we will here.

No idea tbh.

Again, depends on how many applied and if successful.

I'd say you have a chance to get to next stage but maybe someone here can answer with more experience.

I'd try practicing for the e-tray now, so you will be ready if called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'm in! OOM in the 200s for both counties, I'm content in the job I have for the moment so don't mind waiting to hear more, it's long term security I'm looking for.

I scored 73 in numerical but I think having it just pass/fail is the right decision. Once you can do the required maths it's enough, having a higher aptitude for maths won't necessarily make you better than someone else at the job, fitting boxes into shipping containers for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

flazio wrote: »
    Interesting, my first preference county oom was delivered to my public jobs profile.
    My second preference county however was sent directly to my email address.

Thanks, I was refreshing the publicjobs inbox, never thought to check my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

I got 78 in the numerical, but got not much above the passing threshold on the other 2 so finished in the 3000s for Dublin. Sickened they don't give you your best 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

julyjane wrote: »
    I'm in! OOM in the 200s for both counties, I'm content in the job I have for the moment so don't mind waiting to hear more, it's long term security I'm looking for.

I scored 73 in numerical but I think having it just pass/fail is the right decision. Once you can do the required maths it's enough, having a higher aptitude for maths won't necessarily make you better than someone else at the job, fitting boxes into shipping containers for example.

The test itself is very biased towards recent college graduates etc theres a lot of current civil servants just won't do it because the test actually has nothing to prove your aptitude for being an EO.

My old eo was an ape with 2 years experience but was way overqualified for what they did. Yet people doing the job 20 years struggle to even get it because they struggle with exams

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MagMah

Passed in Kerry and Cork. :D Did suprisingly well in the maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SayraBrady

Well done everyone. :)

Meath panel

Verbal 61
    Numerical 55
    Questionnaire 56
    Total 117

Open placed 79
    Interdepartmental placed 25

I'm in the civil service currently.

Anyone know if I even stand a chance here or how the meath panel usually moves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Numvhuy

Got OOM 260 for limerick & 124 for Tipperary, anyone else have results for tipp or limerick??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Is this a 1 or 2 year panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

Is this a 1 or 2 year panel ?

said ends june 2022 in booklet but take that with a pinch of salt.

last campaign 2019 eo is ending early.

probably be a recruitment embargo next year the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

Any idea how many applirled for Tipperary and how many applied for waterford .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Narrowly scraped through. I can unsubscribe from this thread now, I'm so far down that if the panel ran for 10 years I still wouldnt see a job out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

Just got results for Wicklow, OOM 158.

Got Dublin results earlier on and much further down the OOM scale...!

Did very well in the numerical test, so a bit peeved it didn't count for the overall placement.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 QuinnK80

Numvhuy wrote: »
    Got OOM 260 for limerick & 124 for Tipperary, anyone else have results for tipp or limerick??

I'm 98 for Tipp, 95 for KK

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Does anyone know if we can access information on how the marks are computed? So for instance, a breakdown of the marks we got for the online tests and to find out where we lost marks rather than just stating a score of X for numerical reasoning etc? Technically the tests/assessments which we did could constitute 'personal data' and come within the confines of the Nowak ruling. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Does anyone know how many they called from the last Roscommon panel? Any hope for someone in the 120s?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭furrybones

Rikand wrote: »
    Narrowly scraped through. I can unsubscribe from this thread now, I'm so far down that if the panel ran for 10 years I still wouldnt see a job out of it

Etray can change your OOM, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

OOM 900s for Dublin interdepartmental.

What are the chances of being called to the next stage?

I'll be honest, I didn't practice at all for this stage.

I'll take it more serious if I do get to next stage.

Thanks

Meg

I’m OOM 400s for Dublin so I’m trying to be hopeful for the next stage but I doubt I’ll be called.. I don’t have a good feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

I’m OOM 400s for Dublin so I’m trying to be hopeful for the next stage but I doubt I’ll be called.. I don’t have a good feeling!

For dublin 400s is nothing, you'll be surprised how quick they fly through the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi all

Got 20’s in Laois and 30’s in Kilkenny

Can someone please explain what this “etray ” is that i see so many posting about?
    First time doing this campaign and shocked I did so well but want to try prep

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

furrybones wrote: »
    Etray can change your OOM, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

exactly if online should call large numbers to sit the etray.

if its in dublin. numbers called will be low.

though somebody has to still correct the written elements of it so won't be a fast turn around with results

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I got an EO position from the 2019 campaign but just did the tests to see how I scored.
    OoM 33 for Wexford.

Thought I did rubbish on the numerical but apparently not!!!
    Pity it’s not included.

Candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each test in order to qualify.

Your scores in the tests were as follows:

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 66

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 84

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 57

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 123

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I wonder how they will do the etray. I assume there's no supervised testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Numvhuy

Do you mind me asking what oom you were for the 2019 panel?
    mdwexford wrote: »
    I got an EO position from the 2019 campaign but just did the tests to see how I scored.
    OoM 33 for Wexford.

Thought I did rubbish on the numerical but apparently not!!!
    Pity it’s not included.

Candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each test in order to qualify.

Your scores in the tests were as follows:

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 66

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 84

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 57

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 123

Syrohara90 wrote: »
    For dublin 400s is nothing, you'll be surprised how quick they fly through the numbers

What about 900s?

I assume they will reach that number within few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Not sure of last campaign but in the 2016 campaign, my hubby was in the 800s in Dublin after this stage (Feb 2017) got called for e-tray/interview in first batch, was successful and started the job in Nov 2017.
    I'm currently in Public Service so I'm happy to wait and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

You’ll definitely be called! That’s a good OOM for Dublin. You guys need to remember that so many people drop out as each stage progress, more than likely your OOM
    will drop by the next stage. I also predict that this panel will be long one because of Covid 🙈

Advertisement