Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

Can say goodbye to this one. In the 300s for westmeath and 400s for Galway. Just scrapped the verbal but did wel in the other two. Thank Christ got in on the last campaign. Was just hoping for closer to home wit this😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

86 OOM for Tipp, delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

90s for wexford what are chances of being called?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Guys do you think OOM In around 150 for both Waterford and Wexford is end of the road or some possibilities with good Etray and interview etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Numvhuy wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what oom you were for the 2019 panel?

Stage 1 Questionnaire - 150
    Stage 2 Verbal, Numerical, Etray - 20
    Stage 3 Interview - 11

I suck at the questionnaire but do well at the other tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

mdwexford wrote: »
    I got an EO position from the 2019 campaign but just did the tests to see how I scored.
    OoM 33 for Wexford.

Thought I did rubbish on the numerical but apparently not!!!
    Pity it’s not included

Candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each test in order to qualify.

Your scores in the tests were as follows:

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 66

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 84

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 57

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 123
    Is your oom for open or interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gaillimhjon

Dublin - 400s
    Limerick - 90s

I'm very pleased! First time I did a comp i was placed in the 2000s, last year went up to 800s and now in the 400s so hopefully something may come of this yet! Well down and positive vibes to all !

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

acawarrior wrote: »

Open or interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

furrybones wrote: »
    Etray can change your OOM, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

But being so far down the ladder, the chances of being called to etray are probably less than zero

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Delighted to say I passed! My OOMs could have been better but there’s still two stages to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 West is Best

flazio wrote: »
    Interesting, my first preference county oom was delivered to my public jobs profile.
    My second preference county however was sent directly to my email address.

I was similar but the other way round, 1st preference county delivered straight to my email after my 2nd preference to my profile. I've never seen a result sent direct to email!

Has anyone got the booklet, is etray definitely next up?

Rikand wrote: »
    But being so far down the ladder, the chances of being called to etray are probably less than zero

Don’t give up hope, you could still be called to do etray, especially if you are in one of the big counties.

Has anyone got the booklet, is etray definitely next up?

Yes, Stage 2 is etray. Stage 3 is interview.

336699 wrote: »
    Yes, Stage 2 is etray. Stage 3 is interview.

So done by Easter then 🙂 Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Rikand wrote: »

I was 1500 in Dublin in 2017. Took 2 years to get hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DCG27

I got a better score in numerical than in the other two so it's a bit annoying that my highest score doesn't count in relation to the Oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Themurph23

Hi there, i am completely new to applying for civil service roles. I placed in the 120s in roscommon and 280s in westmeath. I take it i can say goodbye to chances of going to next round? I dont know if these are good or bad numbers. I take it there needs to be 128 job offers before it comes to me?? Not likely in roscommon??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Early 200's in Tipp. Still in shock I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Themurph23 wrote: »
    Hi there, i am completely new to applying for civil service roles. I placed in the 120s in roscommon and 280s in westmeath. I take it i can say goodbye to chances of going to next round? I dont know if these are good or bad numbers. I take it there needs to be 128 job offers before it comes to me?? Not likely in roscommon??

There'll be no job offers yet, still the e-tray and interview to go. I'd say keep going with it and see where you end up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Dario Unimportant Sink

is it yearly or 2 years for the next contest

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Themurph23

There'll be no job offers yet, still the e-tray and interview to go. I'd say keep going with it and see where you end up.
    Will it be automatic that i progress to etray based on my numbers do you know? Now i have to research what etray actually means! Thanks for your response!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

I'm delighted i passed. 493 for Dublin so I'll need a good next stage I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

willcartel wrote: »

That's not bad for Dublin really mate. Dublin is where all the departments are, where all the vacancies arise. Out here in the sticks we're scrapping over 5 vacancies a year if we're lucky. *Edit in your average rural county I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheRock2020

Open stream OOM: 70
    Interdepartmental stream OOM: 25

Hey folks! These are my results from Offaly!

I’m new to this! Are these results any good?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Open stream OOM: 70
    Interdepartmental stream OOM: 25

Hey folks! These are my results from Offaly!

I’m new to this! Are these results any good?

Cheers!

If you're not a civil servant the interdepartmental is. Irrelevant.
    Good scores

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

willcartel wrote: »

For Open or Inter?

I’m 493 too..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

acawarrior wrote: »

Well you have Johnstown Castle, the Port, and there must be a few other departments there, Social Welfare etc.
    If you get through e-tray and the interview, and allowing for people who won't take an offer due to their current work, etc, you should have a good chance.
    Probably need to get into the high teens or low twenties after interview..
    Of course, less EO's are hired than CO's, but still, I'd be hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

For Open or Inter?

I’m 493 too..

Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 KilkennyCat77

First time appplicant. OOM mid teens for Kilkenny. Delighted as I was not confident after the tests. Took ages on the numerical, scored well but only needed a pass it seems. Can anyone steer me to sites where I can practice for eTray? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement