Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Jovetic wrote: »
    The whole thing is a crock of ****e, testing, interviews are all about who can bs the most, truth and honesty will get you nowhere

That's what every job application is like. Not just the Civil Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

I got oom 218 for galway and 132 for tipp for interdepartmental.

What is the etray about ???

For interdepartmental competition do you need 2 years experience or do you also need leaving cert qualifications ie 3 higher level subjects along with two years a but confused

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

colfah wrote: »
    I got oom 218 for galway and 132 for tipp for interdepartmental.

What is the etray about ???

For interdepartmental competition do you need 2 years experience or do you also need leaving cert qualifications ie 3 higher level subjects along with two years a but confused

Etray is a theoretical day in the job. Answer emails, plan meetings, write letters etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Still only recovering from the shock of my result. Was certain I had failed the numerical.

In the end, they got so tough that I was essentially using educated guesses.

Ended up early 100's for Dublin and top 15 for Laois. Over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Fina82 wrote: »
    Delighted and surprised I passed, specially because I was 4 answers down the test when I realized it had started, did much better in the numerical though. However I am placed in the 3000's for Dublin so not much hope. I will do the next stages if I am lucky to be called and try my best.

Congratulations to everyone who survived doing that test, passed or not that was absolutely horrible ��

Perhaps it was because you didn't realise the test had started, you did so well!
    Bet you were a bit more pressured for the next few questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭StevenToast

EO2019 wrote: »
    I thought that too gestappo. They quickly took down the extra link on publicjobs about the eo competition. Did anyone screenshot that page about how the competition would progress? I’ve been rereading the booklet and I don’t think the etray is 100% guaranteed? Must be costly for them paying an external company to allow for the supervised tests. They had said and continue to use the line that the first panel will in place and beginning to used by the start of November with the current panel(s) expiring 31st October. I really wonder will they follow the current co panel, go straight to interview and do small batches.

I’ve done a few etrays at this stage so hopeful it will be skipped!

I would love it if it went straight to interview

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Coming very late to boards on this and trying to read this mega long thread on the competition (which is very helpful thanks!)
    Does anyone have the booklet and could copy to me as it's no longer available on the website and I didn't realise it would be removed and didn't download it.
    I've also entered the competition for AO, how does one affect the other? As in if I do ok and move through the stages on this, does that preclude me from the AO comp?
    Finally, is age an issue in recruitment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

I would love it if it went straight to interview

I don't imagine they will, it is so expensive to put an interview panel together and the effort for interviews, if the people you choose then go on to fail etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Woke up this morning deflated by the process. Passed yesterday but got a poor oom, which in reality wont be reached. Ironically if the maths was included in the overall score , I would have been a few hundred higher on the oom. But shir that's the way things go. A door doesnt close, without a window opening somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

336699 wrote: »
    Don’t give up hope, you could still be called to do etray, especially if you are in one of the big counties.

320th in westmeath
    140th in roscommon

Roscommon have hired sfa EOs in the current live campaign. Westmeath have hired about 20 off the open panel ?

I can definitely throw my hat at it ;)

If anything though, it has motivated me even more for my AO interview next week knowing that I have no chance in this EO campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Does anyone know the ratio of open to interdepartmental they hire?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gombeennation

What is etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Mrnew wrote: »

For COs AFAIK it's 1/3 Open, 1/3 InterD, 1/3 Mobility. I've always assumed it was simialr for EOs but I welcome correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

What is etray?

Described above.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

MagMah wrote: »
    Passed in Kerry and Cork. :D Did suprisingly well in the maths!

Well done. Do you mind me asking what your OOM is for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Q4U

I placed OOM in top 30 in Kildare, does anyone know if this is good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ***HAPPYDAYS***

Do ye think they will even touch high OOM for the likes of limerick - I scored in 500s - and wondering will we all get chance at etray and then be re-evaluated for interview from there ? Or will it be done in batches based on OOM and number of positions avail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

Q4U wrote: »
    I placed OOM in top 30 in Kildare, does anyone know if this is good or bad?

It's good and you should be called for the e-tray in the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kkman90

Does anyone have a rough idea of the size of OOM for the likes of Kilkenny/Laois, or mid-ranking counties population-wise? Placed 161 in Laois and 171 in KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/information-hub/faq-info

For those looking on how to appeal etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

I think it's 30% from all panels now. Open interdepartmental and mobility. I would have to check back on emails to be sure. There is three panels.

Personally I am on the 2018 panel very close but it wont happen now..
    If I was in Dublin I would have been placed in 2018 but that's life. I was offered my second choice but turned it down.
    Im not moving just for a promotion when it's not what I want. I know everyone is different but job happiness personal happiness is what matters to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Do ye think they will even touch high OOM for the likes of limerick - I scored in 500s - and wondering will we all get chance at etray and then be re-evaluated for interview from there ? Or will it be done in batches based on OOM and number of positions avail

I got in the 200s for limerick dunno what chance if any I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Rikand wrote: »
    320th in westmeath
    140th in roscommon

Roscommon have hired sfa EOs in the current live campaign. Westmeath have hired about 20 off the open panel ?

I can definitely throw my hat at it ;)

If anything though, it has motivated me even more for my AO interview next week knowing that I have no chance in this EO campaign

You should still prepare for and do the etray, your OOM will change after that and you could ace it!

Best of luck for the AO interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

EO* – 40% Open : 30% Interdepartmental** : 30% Internal.

*The EO sequencing will revert to 50% Open : 25% Interdepartmental : 25% Internal on conclusion of the Public Service Stability Agreement, 2018-2020.

**One in every two Interdepartmental vacancies to be filled by Mobility.

The above sequencing will be applied on a nationwide basis.

https://hr.per.gov.ie/career/civil-service-mobility/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

I placed in the low 30s in Offaly and high 50s in Westmeath, assuming they don’t have a lot of positions in these counties going on the map posted earlier. Do I have a chance of getting anywhere with those OOM? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Dario Unimportant Sink

Jovetic wrote: »
    The whole thing is a crock of ****e, testing, interviews are all about who can bs the most, truth and honesty will get you nowhere

feel the same (missed by a couple of points in one of them - the verbal- did well in the other two though), better and more suited sample exams (not 6/8 questions) and i feel the internal one's should be perhaps done separate if possible (take into experience of your current role and experiences- C/O for over 5 years now) ...but they've to filter out people and some of the numbers said by people here (sorry to those with low numbers) and i probably wouldn't be reached....did a few etrays and i probably wouldve done better in it...sure there's probably going to be another campaign next year as there was one in 2018 and 19 (or year after)

If seen conflicting answers - but how much were the questions/assessment each marked out of - saw out of 80 and out of 110

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Does everyone who pass this round , get call for etray? Or does it depend on your oom

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SayraBrady

79 in open
    25 in Interdepartmental

Meath.

I'm in the civil service 4 years. Is it unwise to be hopeful??

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I passed! Got in the 400 s for first & under 50 in the second choice.
    I am open to correction but when you put in the two counties they weren't taken as first or second preference. It was just a matter of ticking two boxes. Am I correct?

Anyway going ahead to the e-tray. It will probably be done in batches. Does anyone know will we be called to Dublin to do the e-tray & will the interview be on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

hillbloom wrote: »
    I passed! Got in the 400 s for first & under 50 in the second choice.
    I am open to correction but when you put in the two counties they weren't taken as first or second preference. It was just a matter of ticking two boxes. Am I correct?

Anyway going ahead to the e-tray. It will probably be done in batches. Does anyone know will we be called to Dublin to do the e-tray & will the interview be on the same day.

Everything will be online for this competition.

Advertisement