Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Interview is seperate and contingent on passing the Etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Anyone have a copy of the information booklet for this competition please?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Does everyone who pass this round , get call for etray? Or does it depend on your oom

Im wondering the exact same? anybody know the official answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Themurph23

fionnr01 wrote: »
    Im wondering the exact same? anybody know the official answer?

Would like to know this one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Madelyn wrote: »
    Im not moving just for a promotion when it's not what I want. I know everyone is different but job happiness personal happiness is what matters to me.

Good on you. I've worked in alot of places in the private sector down the years and would put working with nice people ahead of paycheck as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

This is from the familiarisation document,
    An invitation to Stage 2 (e-tray) will be determined by the place you achieve at Stage 1. The
    number of candidates to be invited forward will be determined from time to time in regards to
    possible demands to fill vacancies. Reaching the qualifying standard at Stage 2 is no
    guarantee that you will be invited to Stage 3.

So no guarantee...

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

My guess is we will now be placed into batches and they will call the first batch for etray, knowing that a percentage will not pass. A new OOM will be given and then the calls for interview will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Josuke

Those with experience in these competitions - is it likely I will get called for an etray if I am in the 160s for Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭greengrass88

1500ish in open and 500ish inter (dublin), not sure what the chances are for getting called!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Rikand wrote: »
    320th in westmeath
    140th in roscommon

Roscommon have hired sfa EOs in the current live campaign. Westmeath have hired about 20 off the open panel ?

I can definitely throw my hat at it ;)

If anything though, it has motivated me even more for my AO interview next week knowing that I have no chance in this EO campaign

It's always good to have options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

I would love it if it went straight to interview

Same here but that's easy to say if you finish with a good oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭StevenToast

gestappo wrote: »
    My guess is we will now be placed into batches and they will call the first batch for etray, knowing that a percentage will not pass. A new OOM will be given and then the calls for interview will start.

Your guess is as good as fact now!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

Josuke wrote: »
    Those with experience in these competitions - is it likely I will get called for an etray if I am in the 160s for Limerick?

How many departments are in Limerick?

If revenue take from this panel as suggested earlier than it gives a better chance.

You might get to Etray and interview and be placed number 25 on the panel and never get called.

This is how these panels work. I and others I know are in early 20s from 2018 and still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Gestappo is the new mystic meg...called the date of the results perfectly

PMSL Just seen this now :pac: got the timing way off :rolleyes::D

It started at 2.45 up to what, 9pm?? Yesterday in work was a complete right off!

How many departments are in Limerick?

If revenue take from this panel as suggested earlier than it gives a better chance.

You might get to Etray and interview and be placed number 25 on the panel and never get called.

This is how these panels work. I and others I know are in early 20s from 2018 and still waiting.

Ah wow I suppose it could be a while waiting in that case! I must look into how many depts are in Limerick vs Galway. Preference is to stay in Limerick but my OOM is twenty places more favourable for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Typically, how many people would be in a batch for Dublin?

Josuke wrote: »
    Ah wow I suppose it could be a while waiting in that case! I must look into how many depts are in Limerick vs Galway. Preference is to stay in Limerick but my OOM is twenty places more favourable for Galway

There might be 5 jobs in Limerick and 25 in galway or visa versa.. It's all about how many positions are available in each county.
    We are lead to believe there is lots of EO retirements this year.

You could interview and be 2 for Limerick and no vacancies. You could be 20 for galway and there might be 21 vacancies.

There might be 5 jobs in Limerick and 25 in galway or visa versa.. It's all about how many positions are available in each county.

You could interview and be 2 for Limerick and no vacancies. You could be 20 for galway and there might be 21 vacancies.

Ah that's good to know and it's a very unique recruitment system I have to say. Yes fwiw I have a cousin who's an EO and she says that she's anticipating promotions/retirements so fingers crossed the etray will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

I think it's 30% from all panels now. Open interdepartmental and mobility. I would have to check back on emails to be sure. There is three panels.

Personally I am on the 2018 panel very close but it wont happen now..
    If I was in Dublin I would have been placed in 2018 but that's life. I was offered my second choice but turned it down.
    Im not moving just for a promotion when it's not what I want. I know everyone is different but job happiness personal happiness is what matters to me.

I'm currently in Dublin and want out so Dublin doesn't appeal to me either I would have placed well on the Dublin panel but doesn't suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Catalan69 wrote: »
    Open or interdepartmental?

Open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Well you have Johnstown Castle, the Port, and there must be a few other departments there, Social Welfare etc.
    If you get through e-tray and the interview, and allowing for people who won't take an offer due to their current work, etc, you should have a good chance.
    Probably need to get into the high teens or low twenties after interview..
    Of course, less EO's are hired than CO's, but still, I'd be hopeful.

Will I be invited for e tray and interview? Is this done in batches or only as people are being hired? When would I likely do the e tray and interview? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

There is a few people on here who are first timers to this competition and a few who are unsure how it works. The oom at this point just gets you to the next stage but not everyone will get to the next stage. Every county is different. Dublin has lots of offices so will have the most vacancies. oom of 250 in Dublin is excellent but that score in Galway is most likely unreachable.

Look at your county count up all the offices where jobs are likely. HSE, Council, Revenue don't count in this comp.

EO grade!! Some offices might have 1 EO more could have 5.

There will be retirements and this is where vacancies will factor but with Covid this year recruitment could be scaled back.

It's hard to know how many they will call for Etray but Id say the first 50 in each (bigger)county depending on vacancies. Not everyone will pass the Etray and this will make the group going for interview smaller.

Then some will fail the interview and others could be called for the next batch.

Good luck to everyone. It's an experience and with each comp you will get better.

Hi Madelyn - i didn't realise Revenue were not in this comp. Where did you see that ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24 in rainbows

Any idea of number or way to find out the number recruited in Galway in the last campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 West is Best

Any idea of number or way to find out the number recruited in Galway in the last campaign?

I'm in the top 10 and was interviewed and waiting on a placement but had written it off

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    Hi Madelyn - i didn't realise Revenue were not in this comp. Where did you see that ? Cheers

I assumed revenue was not included. I have done 2018 comp and dont know anyone who got offered revenue. AFAIK revenue did not recruit from the 2018 panel. They generally do their own comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 in rainbows

I'm in the top 10 and was interviewed and waiting on a placement but had written it off
    Thanks ‘West is Best‘
    Ahh I see, so Galway list moves at a pedestrian pace. Does awaiting placement means you are definitely getting a position ? & you didn’t do this campaign?

PLEASE NOTE: If you are invited to attend stage 3 (Interview) for one of your regional locations and you attend, you will no longer be considered for any other position in your other regional location choice.

As per above from booklet you can only be on one panel

Seesee wrote: »
    Anyone have a copy of the information booklet for this competition please?
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/EOInformationBooklet2020.pdf

Thanks ‘West is Best‘
    Ahh I see, so Galway list moves at a pedestrian pace. Does awaiting placement means you are definitely getting a position ? & you didn’t do this campaign?

NO. Once the panel expires you start the process all over again. Im also in the top 10 for my county but it wont happen. 2018 panel ends when this panel starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 West is Best

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    PLEASE NOTE: If you are invited to attend stage 3 (Interview) for one of your regional locations and you attend, you will no longer be considered for any other position in your other regional location choice.

As per above from booklet you can only be on one panel

This isn't strictly true if the one interview is covering your 2 county choices, as mine did, so I'm still on 2 panels

Advertisement