Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Prodigy (animated children's series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a great episode.

I loved seeing the proto drive jumb and about time too. We are going fast he says lol as if warp 9.97 ain't fast enough your just going insanly fast now lol.

I knew it would go like that.

Set up nicely for the next episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So just curious how they tell rank and position on those uniforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well none of the crew have ranks. They look like they could be cadet uniforms.

Ms

Well we all know Dal is the Captain or at leasted wanted to be Dancom is the engineer , zero is the navigator I think and not really sure about the rest but ye officially they do not have ranks as not one of them has been to starfleet.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭sekond

Is this available on one of the main streaming services here yet? I've a 10 year old home sick who is obsessed with the original ST series (Spock is her hero!), and this might get me a few minutes peace and quiet!

• Advertisement
    Ms

Afraid not. It's on Paramount+ which I do not think is availible here. Maybe it's on Nickolodien do but it was supposed to have started there on the 17th of December so would be a good bit into it by now. Your best bet is a computer or a phone and to stream it or get a VPN and do it that way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭sekond

Thanks - will have a look into it. Have pointed her in the direction of The Animated Series which I had totally forgotten was on Netflix for now, and showed her the trailer of Prodigy which seemed to go down well (although she was more interested on whether Spock would appear...!)

Ms

I would say before she watches Prodigy to watch Voyager first. It will make more sense then when she does watch Prodigy who some of the characters are and the space they are in.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm calling it....

The Diviner is some twisted/altered version of Chakotay. When he comes onto the bridge he puts his hand on the back of the captain's chair and says "at last... it's been too long!" with a "deep thought" pose.

It would explain how Dreadnok had Chakotay's command codes previously or how he was able to override Janeway with no trouble at all this episode!

As for what happened. He looks kind of reminiscent of that race in Voyager who reanimated the dead. The Ensign that Kim had a thing for..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wouldn't it also be kind of dark for a kid's show? I know I've suggested it be more like the Star Wars animated shows but that would be a bit too heavy, maybe?

E10 - Awesome!

That ending! As I was watching it I thought "that bridge looks familiar.." Looks like Starfleet built their own Dauntless after all. I half expected the Admiral to have a Voyager-A though!

I was wrong on this one...

The Diviner was a time-traveller from a race that went into civil war after first contact with the Federation (a nice throwback to the TNG episode of the same name where an in-disguise Riker is captured by a Government minister worried that it would mean the end of their way of life), but still no clearer on what happened to Chakotay and his crew.

Still, with Admiral Janeway and the Dauntless on the way (another nice throwback to where the original Dauntless was setup to be the salvation of the Voyager crew) I think the second half of the season will focus on that as the Diviner arc seems done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

10: Yuhs!

Janeway on the Dauntless! ALL GOOD THINGS COMMS BADGES!!!!!

but also..

Nooooo!

Don't bring a future virus tech thing to Starfleet!

Enjoyed that episode. Also bonus to find out ALL of the writers of each individual episode so far were credited (on wiki at least) as the writers of this two parter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Prodigy

You know what..

I'll have a second go of that music please!

Star Trek Prodigy (Main Theme)

Ms

Really good episode that loved it.

A pity that

He had his Starfleet badge on and that Gwyn had to look at it. Also seems she has lost the memory of why the ship can not go back to Starfleet. It looks like the Diviners plan might still work even do he is gone.

Hopefully she can remember before they get there or so.eone discovers it.

That will be for the next season do. I would watch this one all over again no problem.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

There is 20 Episodes for this season, second half of it to air later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I have to say, I wasn't sold on this for the initial few episodes, found Dal incredibly irritating. I put it down to being a few decades older than the intended audience, it didn't gel for me, but I could see it being a decent enough kids show. But after leaving the episodes build up and watching them this week I found myself quite enjoying it. I'm not as put off by the animation as I was initially, and some of the ship shots are up there with the best ones of lower decks, and the characters have become more likeable. And the end of the last episode was fantastic.

Ms

Awe OK cool. Think I seen that alright. That is great. Not do long to wait to see what happens so.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Musings on the mid season finale, story spoilers within though.

I thought the mid season finally was pretty decent. But I'm still left with the perception that it's all over the place in terms of content and demographic. At times it pays no heed to its Trek roots, only to double down on it in some episodes. Some of the adventure elements are simplistic and seem suitable for younger kids, only for the story to take some very dark turns, such as Rahk being forced to mature and educate herself in prolonged isolation. Or the Diviner revealing that he's willing to butcher other species, just to stave off his own species exterminating themselves due to them being assholes, with the end result that the idealistic kids are now harbingers of death and trojan horses. These aspects are fairly odds at the otherwise kid friendly approach.

I think I'm finding it preferable to Discovery at this point though, despite it's scattered approach.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I didn't know what to expect from Prodigy.

It was SUPER strong. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The best thing? I thought it was only 10 episodes this season, we have another ten to go! Is there any break or do we get episode 11 next week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So when is each show coming back or premiering?

• Prodigy returned on Jan. 6, ending on Feb. 3
    • Discovery’s 4th season returns on Feb. 10
    • Picard’s 2nd season debuts on March 3.
    • Strange New Worlds debuts on May 5.
    • Lower Decks 3rd season debuts later in the year, after Strange New Worlds (no date)
    • Prodigy’s second-half of season one will be in “later” in 2022.
    • Prodigy’s second season may still air at the end of 2022. ??????

https://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2022/01/22/star-trek-series-timeline-what-shows-are-airing-when-in-2022/

What is not clear is will seasons be split like discovery and prodigy?

Ms

Your forgetting our "The Orville Horizon" Airs in June :) .

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Without clicking your link, I like that info in your post to get a picture of what's coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭eadrom

Just caught up on the last couple of episodes. Good end to the mid-season! And very effective teaser for it's return in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Binged the second half (or quarter I suppose since there's 10 more episodes later this year) of the season and, it was OKish. Dal still annoys me. The voice actor for Rok is actually only 12 herself so unless Rok is growing with her, it's unlikely this is going to run very long.

I know I'm watching this out of sequence and that this actually came out first, but when the Diviner was showing Gywn the devastation that the post first contact Civil War had on their people it reminded me a lot of the scene in the last Orville episode Future Unknown where Kelly shows Lysella what happened the last time the Union made first contact with a pre space exploring nation. In fact the two holo simulations are almost identical.

The Koboyashi was a nice tribute, all the more poignant for now having Nichelle Nichols among the fallen. (would be nice if the next episode is dedicated to her) however, in response to inquires previously on the thread, I don't think I heard any new dialogue from her. I reckon she was too unwell to record anything.

Next set of episodes are going to have an unofficial subline of "The Search for Chatokay." As for why Admiral Janeway wasn't on the bridge of Voyager A. Well firstly, no reason to suspect the original Voyager isn't still knocking around. Never saw it destroyed. and secondly, surely by now that ship is under the command of Captain Kim.😛

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭eadrom

New trailer:

Also looks like Ronny Cox is back playing Admiral Jellico in a recurring role :)

https://blog.trekcore.com/2022/10/watch-the-new-star-trek-prodigy-mid-season-trailer-and-another-legacy-trek-actor-returns/

All looks like decent fun anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Was hoping for more of a "The Search for Chakotay" direction but lets see.

To my shame, I thought the Jellico actor was dead.

Advertisement