Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Prodigy (animated children's series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'd be leaning towards the quantum slipstream. I'm pretty sure they said quantum slipstream .. like out loud.. with words

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭corkie

Interesting twist/development in the end of episode.

Post edited by corkie on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I watched it again.

Jenkem Pog said they were at Warp 9.97 when they were being chased. Hologram Janeway said the Dauntless was quantum slipstream equipped but Real Janeway was able to disable the Protostar before they had a chance to go to Protowarp so she never had to use it.

15: 😲😲😲

Give! Next Episode! Now!!!

Well. I wasn't expecting that. Good episode I thought.

Going outside the federation, genetic enhancing made sense for the science they were talking about. Couldn't help but remember The Next Generation episode Genesis when she mentioned activating dormant cells.. and sure enough 🙂

I did feel for Dal reacting to his origins.

When the episode was wrapping then I was like.. that was grand. Then that reveal though of another Vau N'Akat! That was done well.

Just checked. This is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Interesting episode

A few bits in the beginning I was not made about but hey its a child's show. Also I think the space elevators would be earthed from lighting strikes by either having rubber seals or wheels of some sort between it and the shaft or by being earthed, do how you earth something moving up and down a shaft like that let is beyond me.

I had a feeling before that ensign changed that there was something odd about her and I had a feeling as soon as she started to worry about the Admiral destroying the Protostar that she must be Romulan.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Bit of a filler episode with backgrounds and character development.

Looks like Janeway won't be finding Chakotay if he has traveled to the future the 'diviner' comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least we now know why Jankom Pog refers to himself in the third person.

Ms

Interesting ending do.

Nice to get background on all the characters.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

16: Enjoyed that episode. Lots of backstory and exposition. All felt like just the right amount too.

Well, that's where Chakotay ended up. Not seeing an easy retreival of him. The whole Vau N'Akat story really felt intense. I'd be half guessing that a goal for the show might include a change in how Star Fleet handled first contact. Definitely reminded of the prime directive for why they didn't pick a side in the civil war.

Of the backstories, I kinda liked Jankoms the most. Jankom Pog! Jankom Pog! Jankom Pog!!! 🙂 The whole Aliens nostromo vibe was cool too.

One thing I got curious about was Janeway

.. Vice Admiral Janeway.. her first officer. Orion.. or maybe Orion/Vulcan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I liked how that was handled. No, it didn't really move on the main story beyond a few moments at the end. And it had a very clear gimmick of doing everyone's back story. But each of them was short, moved along a quick pace, and didn't waste any time. With each piece only being a few minutes, you don't get bored and it doesn't get dragged out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Good episode. Nice to have the back stories to the characters.

Although I was convinced there would still be a Romulan operative on the ship. Never made sense why the Romulans would secure the ship then suddenly abandon it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

A bit off topic, but when I was doing the Christmas present shopping today I noticed that a Prodigy game for the switch was releases. https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/star-trek-prodigy-supernova-switch/

Caught my eye since I can't remember the last time I saw a new Trek game.

Ms

Cool. A pity the switch is not a great computer. I loved the Camcube and the Wii but the Switch does nothing for me. My nephew has it do. So maybe he will get the Prodigy game although he is not a kid anymore and it's more than likely aimed at kids.

The last Star Trek Computer game out was for the Wii I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Another filler episode, and no resolution to last weeks cliff hanger, with another setup in this.

Edit: -

This also may seem like a nitpick, but how exactly did Dal actually get the command codes to the USS Protostar, especially without Holo Janeway also getting them? Unless Captain Chakotay left them on a Post-it note in his quarters, this is a fascinating and even frustrating question when you really think it through, because the Vau N’Akat (and therefore The Diviner and Gwyn) clearly didn’t have the code or the construct wouldn’t have needed to get it from Dal. It may seem minor, but this entire episode, which itself was part of a long-term setup since the beginning of the series, all relied on Dal having that code. Usually, the show is better at laying out the crumbs for stuff like this, so it’s surprising that this was never mentioned in an earlier episode, even as an offhand comment, to create the payoff here.

Post edited by corkie on

17: Noooooo! Not a cliffhanger like that! I demand this show be given full length episodes!

The holodeck simulations were fun. Some questions about Murf because regardless of having a voice, there was also the understanding of the complexness of the singing/dancing routine.

Ms

So just another filler episode then. Not bad but not great.

This also may seem like a nitpick, but how exactly did Dal actually get the command codes to the USS Protostar, especially without Holo Janeway also getting them?

Yes I was thinking that too. Maybe they will explain it in the next episode or maybe he put his own code in. But then he would have needed to know the original code so that makes no sense.

Either way its a kids show so maybe they will explain it or it will remain a mystery.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ah, the good old "Trapped in the holodeck" episode of Star Trek.

I swear, I thought this exact same thing! 😁

Yeah, but it worked as a plot device.

Also, Murph was hilarious.

All Eyes On Rafah

Ms

I thought the ending in this episode was very abrupt.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Twas.

Anyone wondering how far back Janeway has been under control of the device?

All Eyes On Rafah

Not really. I was assuming the Deviner or some others of the Vau N'Akat put it in ages ago.

Fun and enjoyable episode.

A delightfully lighthearted episode still delivers emotional punches and perfectly sets up the two-part season finale.

18: That was great! But also .. again.. Noooooo! Not a cliffhanger like that! 😁

This episode was so cool.

Solving the problems like that. The protostar folks being like.. eh no.. we can rejigger the technology like a starfleet engineer might.. because we're not starfleet engineers!

The Dal/Janeway tech thing has been done before but the inevitable capturing of the the kid! 🙂

Oh! And Dal has part Organian!! That's cool!

The absolute danger of winding up outside of that warp bubble. I'm pretty sure all the chases so far have mentioned Warp 9 speeds. Imagine if there was any hiccup in inertial dampeners!

Then! Umf! The fleet waiting! Oh the big vibe of Wolf 359, Dominion War and Voyager Finale just jumped right into my head!

Top stuff all this! 🙂

Next episode sure promises to be a big one!

Just checked wiki, it's a 2 parter! Nooooo!.. but also.. Yes! 🙂

Ms

That was a fun and very enjoyable episode.

Really surprised that the Diviner did not want to kill Janeway. I though he was going to at first as she really Dal looked frightened and then he released her.

I think if the finale is a two parter unless they both come out together might just wait till they both drop before watching them. Will almost get a proper 45 minute maybe even 50 minute Star Trek episode then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Prodigy has ended up being far better than I originally thought. Yes it's a kids show, but does have that Trek feel to it.

Not a bad time to be a trek fan with Lower Decks, Strange New Worlds and Prodigy.

Suppose even Disco and Picard have their fans.

All Eyes On Rafah

Probably since when the device was first activated at

The crew comes across a Federation communications relay outpost CR-721,

Prior to that hologram Janeway was actively engaged in making things difficult for the diviner?

Kate Mulgrew got to have a bit of fun with the role in this episode

Was a fun episode. Great seeing Kate playing Janeway differently.

Setting up the season finale nicely.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A very dark ending for the most recent episode.

Again I have to note though, that it seems oddly split between a kids show and something for the older long term viewers. The specific Voyager callback that's a major plot point for the episode, is one from 20 years ago and hinges on a character that doesn't appear to have even warranted a name. Only Lower Decks goes that far back and obscure at times.

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement