Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx cost of Velux installation and make good - See photos

Options
  • 23-07-2020 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

Just wondering if any indicative cost to supply ( or maybe I do this ?) , install Velux window into pitched tiled roof. Attached photos of one we have already - looking to do the same in other room.

Would same fitting include the repair and making good the rest of ceiling , including adding a few downlighters ?

2 photos of existing one and 1 where it needs to go.

Approx how long to do the work ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

A couple of grand for our new build one...also fitted it with a remote for opening and closing...if its not too high its about thirty quid for a rod to open and close it. I didn't fit it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bt952000

Thanks Feets

Good to know

Did the same work crew do the plastering / make good and how long did it take, all in ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

The builder did it on recommendation from architect...no idea how long that particular job took. The builder would have had plasterers and painters as part of his staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Would take a good carpenter about a day to cut out and install new one (you can buy this yourself and have ready on site), then an electrician maybe half a day or a day to wire in new lights depending and a plasterer about the same to skim it out. Assume you will paint it yourself.

That's all based on the fact there's no surprises when the ceiling is cut out i.e. not steel or pipework running across that area.

Advertisement