Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes since new HTB announcement

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

You may also see prices rising due to covid restrictions and rules. Building sites are highly monitored and thousands extra are being spent on Ppe for those working on those sites. Just saying the HTB may not be the only contributing factor to price rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I'm sale agreed, so price is already set. I've just been handed 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Where did you buy your tin foil hat?

I might be wrong, but I doubt very much, any builder will up their prices tomorrow.
    Considering HTB is only available on new builds, you have two scenarios.
    New builds, where the prices have already been announced for a specific phaze of a development.
    New builds, where prices haven't been announced.

So are you expecting builders to change prices already announced? Or to increase prices that haven't been announced?

https://www.facebook.com/KilleenNuala/photos/pcb.718692902246958/718692042247044/?type=3&theater

"€430,000 before the new help to buy announcement, €440,000 after.
    Looks like the price of a house in the new estate has gone up by €10,000 following the announcement of the increase in the Help to Buy Scheme."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Naos wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/KilleenNuala/photos/pcb.718692902246958/718692042247044/?type=3&theater

Looks like the price of a house in the new estate has gone up by €10,000 following the announcement of the increase in the Help to Buy Scheme."

Cairn has done the same on one of their estates

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Naos wrote: »

I must go get another Tin Foil Hat 🎩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The cost to build has gone up, don't builders have to make homes more energy efficient and have wheelchair access?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

sparkle109 wrote: »
    At what point do you claim the HTB? Is it at point of drawing down mortgage or signing contracts? There’s houses available at the end of this year I’d be very interested in but conscious that the Increase is only for 2020

Also interested in this. We are sale agreed on a new build. But it went be drawn down until 2021 when construction is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Sheeps wrote: »
    I'm sale agreed, so price is already set. I've just been handed 10k.

Interesting , does it apply retroactively to sale agreed and already In process of claiming the original 20k ? Do it automatically go up to 30k or do you reapply ?

Price is only set when contracts are signed so can’t reapply for the extra 10k I wonder at that point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

My brother bought a house just as initial help to buy came in. Avoided price hikes but when phase 2 went on sale a few weeks later they were increased substantially due to help to buy. Its definitely a thing. Its the equivalent of government looking for social media likes. All it does is push up prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Interesting , does it apply retroactively to sale agreed and already In process of claiming the original 20k ? Do it automatically go up to 30k or do you reapply ?

Price is only set when contracts are signed so can’t reapply for the extra 10k I wonder at that point?

The contracts haven't been signed yet. I have a booking deposit and the contracts issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭islander35

sparkle109 wrote: »
    At what point do you claim the HTB? Is it at point of drawing down mortgage or signing contracts? There’s houses available at the end of this year I’d be very interested in but conscious that the Increase is only for 2020

My solicitor told me that as soon as you sign contracts the developer can claim the Help to Buy then. So I’m signing this week and won’t be drawing my mortgage down til the new year but there should be no issue. Leo said yesterday he expects it to be extended Int 2021.

Advertisement