Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senior Executive Officer, Local Authority 2020

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Findlk

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tipptop123

Has anyone applied for places outside of Dublin, Kildare or Carlow and done a 0ne-wat interview recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cfmw

Hi there, I just got word that I was successful in stage 2 one way video interview and will be given details for the next stage soon. Can you recall if the applicant would need to research all about the county council or is itore geared towards your individual experience? Have never applied before so it's all new to me😊

I was only asked about what priorities I saw for local government. Nothing too specific. Mostly focusing on leadership experience. Are you being called forward for DCC?

Kildare CC. I just got a message about some Irish Assessment. Do you by any chance know what that is?

• Advertisement

Much the same as stage 2. It's a recorded interview. I think it's 5 questions of 3 minutes each. Questions are along the lines of what you would get in your Leaving Cert Irish Oral exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Got notification I was successfull in stage 2 and called forward for stage 3. Zoom inteview in front of interview boards.

Have read back again through the previous posts.

Any one that has done the stage 3 inteview got any more advice? How long roughly was the interview and did you stick to the competency examples you gave in the application form and stage 2 inverview?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

I am also in the same boat but also slightly confused what happens from here:) either we will be successful or not successful following interview but if we do well in interview what does that actually mean - just that we go on to a list and may be called at some point for a place? Is this competition closed in Aug this year meaning if we don't get called for a job before then that we never will?

Sorry I am new to this whole process so haven't a clue!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

You will be given a number ranking for each of your locations chosen. For example you may be 8 in Cork, 4 in Galway and 2 in Wicklow. So of no 1 declines Wicklow for another loaction, they will proceed to offer you no.2 for Wicklow - if a vacancy exists.

One key point re the real interview - show depth and detail in your responses - don't be vague or general in response

You will panel if you can execute the answers with that depth/detail

Be positive and optimistic in your body language - nod and smile and be courteous

Good luck

Anybody heard of any movement on panels? Sitting on the panel for Dublin & Meath and seems there's not much happening on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 NUIG Mature

Main interview results are out for second group of locations. Good luck to all who are waiting on a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kelgirl

Anyone hear of offers for any of the Dublin authorities? Process seems very slow.

I haven't moved position for DCC since end of January. Was notified of OOM for Fingal & Louth more recently, though when I checked with PAS they weren't aware of any vacancies in Louth at all. Painfully slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kelgirl

Thanks. I'm the same received a number of notifications of my oom but no posts sought by those la's.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Does anyone know when this panel ends and a new competition will commence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭flended12

Long shot, but does anyone know far down the oom they reached for this comp?

Advertisement