Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Call forwarding solution, for International use?

Options
  • 24-07-2020 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭

Scenario:

Small business located in USA, wants to have someone in Ireland answer incoming calls.
    What are the solutions?

Use some sort of website/service, forward US number to that service and the person in Ireland answers the call using a headset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Assuming that there's a phone line in the US-based business, that needs to be connected to a PC running PBX software (or dedicated hardware). That allows the phone line to be "digitized". See Asterisk (free software for DIY solutions) or SwitchVox (commercial solution). There are many others, but these are good examples.

At he other end, you can use software VOIP client on a PC and attach a headset, or buy an adapter and connect a regular phone to it, or buy a VOIP phone. Either way, the software or the adapter need to be configured to connect to the PBX software.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Scenario:

Small business located in USA, wants to have someone in Ireland answer incoming calls.
    What are the solutions?

Use some sort of website/service, forward US number to that service and the person in Ireland answers the call using a headset?

Divert the USA incoming calls to a VOIP account, which can be registered by a user in either or both locations.

You can even use a free VOIP account so the only cost (if any) is the diversion of the incoming call.

Can the USA number be ported to a VOIP account?
    That would probably give even more flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Any VoIP solution should work. I'd start with google voice which is free and you can redirect the business number to it and answer from a mobile phone with the voice app installed of any PC with a headset.

https://voice.google.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

I'm trying to find out from the company if they use a web based PBX.

But i should have mentioned that the solution implemented needs to be switched off/on every day.
    For example the person sitting in the EU answers the incoming calls only between X hours, other times the phone rings in the office and is answered by someone in USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

BluePlanet wrote: »
    I'm trying to find out from the company if they use a web based PBX.

But i should have mentioned that the solution implemented needs to be switched off/on every day.
    For example the person sitting in the EU answers the incoming calls only between X hours, other times the phone rings in the office and is answered by someone in USA.

You would need to control this on the source system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement