Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Folklore

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I've relistened to some tracks for a third time and I'm beginning to like them more. Even then, I just can't see any of the standard edition songs being among my favourites. Listening to some folklore and evermore songs makes me think 'She's capable of making this yet gave us that'. Some lyrics are downright awful as well, such as the lyrics to do with shade in 'Paris' and some of the cursing sounds very forced (looking at you SOTB!). Midnights feels too cohesive to me, the songs sound too similar so when I first listened to some of the songs, I couldn't tell if I'm listening to the next track or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I only started listening to it today. I don’t get the negative reactions, I think it’s brilliant. It’s like a mix of 1989 and Evermore, it’s a throwback to the best of 80s synth pop, almost every track is wildly unstructured but the result is genius, and it’s completely unique. The lyrics and storytelling are amazing as always. It’s like each album she puts out is a step forward in a different direction. The only song I don’t really like is ‘Vigilante ****’. ‘You’re on your own kid’ is probably my favourite track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Only listened through the extra songs once, but I’m glad they are only there as a deluxe version of the album, they just are not as good as the 13 original tracks. These 13 tracks are 45mins or however long it is of modern pop beauty. The more I listen to ‘You’re on your own, kid’ the more great it is, if only it could have been longer. The part halfway where the bridge changes and the synths kick in us musical magic. Her tone of voice on this, and Layrynth another great track, is very special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Enjoying it a bit more today but for me it’s below the standard of her last few album releases. Perhaps l’ll change my opinion over time!

We've finally gotten a performance of exile with Taylor and Justin in the same room! Absolutely incredible performance, part of me wishes they did evermore instead though since we've never heard a live version of that but I prefer exile so no complaints from me!

• Advertisement

It was so lovely to hear it live with an audience :-) I learned evermore on piano and would just love to hear it live some day. Midnights has grown on me since - I like quite a few songs now. Probably somewhere in a par with lover minus the hits like Lover, Cornelia street, Cruel Summer.

I really like Midnights now, it's now in my top 3 albums, giving folklore a run for its money for 2nd at the moment! I wish Labyrinth didn't ruin the flow from Question...? to Bejeweled though, it would've been better placed after Karma.

She’s had to remove the ‘fat’ scene from the video. Honestly people are taking offence over nothing these days. She clearly talked about her eating disorder in her documentary and what it & press reports on her weight did to her.

Taylor has just announced her US tour, the Era’s tour. Oh how I want a ticket! Wonder what the chances are she comes to Ireland. Will definitely go to the U.K. if she doesn’t come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Apparently it's already been referred to as the UK & Ireland tour, so here's hoping.

• Advertisement

I saw that but apparently it’s been adjusted to only say UK now so the jury’s out. Also she didn’t target Irish fans with presale codes with album launch, only U.K. She also didn’t target any mainland Europeans either though with that. 50/50 chance I’d say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Ah she can't have been taking photos on a Donegal beach, and mentioned Wicklow on her latest album to go and leave Ireland out on her European tour :)

In honour of the release of TTPD, I decided to log in and post here. Much of the Anthology sounds folklore like, particularly The Albatross, Prophecy, Cassandra and many others. I love I look in People’s Window’s also.
    Think the album has been misunderstood by the general public, they’re just obsessed with attributing this album to a ‘love interest’ rather than just listening to the music. I think this album is mostly a battle between Taylor Swift the person versus Taylor Swift the trademark & public facing figure/image.

Advertisement