Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe repair

• 24-07-2020 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Any where in swords area doing stitching on shoes??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

There's a shoe mender in the Pavillions you could try, if not there is a sewing lady in Applewood Village who might be able to help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Also the shoe repair man in the cottage opposite Penneys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

This is the guy. Absolutely old-school cobbler. The only guy I bring my shoes to.

Don't bother with chains/stalls in shopping centres. Most will just lash a bit of glue on and hope for the best

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hes very good. Also better priced than Pavilions I've found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Great. Will he be able to stitch up my favourite work boots? ..... kind if like a sewing machine for boots/shoes type of job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

rje66 wrote: »
    Great. Will he be able to stitch up my favourite work boots? ..... kind if like a sewing machine for boots/shoes type of job...

He's done that for me many times. Has an old leather tooled Singer machine in back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭kravmaga

rje66 wrote: »
    Any where in swords area doing stitching on shoes??

As another poster said , Swords shoe repairs, 100 Main Street, Ive brought shoes to him, his great, old school type, great job on stitching leather heels and soles.

Its an old cottage hes based in.

Dont go near the shoe repair in Pavillions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Dropped in to him and all done in 40 mins. Good as new now..

Advertisement