Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to EBS Account

Options
  • 24-07-2020 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am due a refund from a respectable electronic goods retailer in Ireland. They said they issued the refund on the 14th July and said it should take up to 5-7 working days to receive it. I still haven't received it to my online account. The initial payment was made by debit card. I contacted the retailer again who said it was issued to be processed. The bank said they can't see anything pending to be paid into my account. Does anyone know what could be the hold up. It's a large payment sum.

Comments

I have had a refund take 10 days to get to my account, AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have had a refund take 10 days to get to my account, AIB.

Cheers. Was that 10 working days?

billyhead wrote: »
    Cheers. Was that 10 working days?

It was 10 working days after the refund was issued, so 11 days in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Credit Unions and Building Societies usually take longer as a lot depends on their billing cycles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I think they are pulling your leg.

A bank transfer between Irish accounts is next day. Bank transfer from abroad in the same currency is same day.

Maybe they meant it'll take their back office X number of days to process it?

• Advertisement

Credit Unions and Building Societies usually take longer as a lot depends on their billing cycles

Thanks for the responses so it could be up to 10 working days which would be the middle of next week

daheff wrote: »
    I think they are pulling your leg.

A bank transfer between Irish accounts is next day. Bank transfer from abroad in the same currency is same day.

Maybe they meant it'll take their back office X number of days to process it?

They said it would be 5-7 working days and then when I contacted them yesterday they said it would be close of business yesterday.

They said it would be 5-7 working days and then when I contacted them yesterday they said it would be close of business yesterday.

So if you don't receive it by Monday, what's your next course of action?

If you paid by debit card you can request a charge back from your provider in certain circumstances.

daheff wrote: »
    So if you don't receive it by Monday, what's your next course of action?

If you paid by debit card you can request a charge back from your provider in certain circumstances.

I got a response from the retailer this morning with a screenshot stating that the transfer was made yesterday morning but I checked my online account this morning and it's not showing up. The retailer said I will need to contact the EBS. There not open until Monday.

I got a response from the retailer this morning with a screenshot stating that the transfer was made yesterday morning but I checked my online account this morning and it's not showing up. The retailer said I will need to contact the EBS. There not open until Monday.

Ok, if they sent you the screenshot then chances are they have sent it to you. Generally EUR transfers are next day....so fingers crossed you have it Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Transfers to and from EBS can sometimes take two days. If it was transferred on Friday morning and there's a screenshot to prove it, it might not appear in your account until Tuesday. But check your account on Monday morning, it might have arrived by then.

I wouldn't bother phoning them until Tuesday because if it hasn't yet arrived in your account on Monday, they cannot trace it. If you call them on Monday, they will kick to touch and tell you to call back on Tuesday.

The inbound bank always takes the view that if money hasn't arrived, the problem is with the outbound bank so I'd advise you to be realistic and not expect any assistance from EBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

So they didn't do it 10 days ago.

If it was done yesterday it will only be processed by visa/mastercard tomorrow night as Friday to Sunday is one banking day in their systems.

It then is posted electronically to EBS at the end of the day on Monday.

Depending on some variables, it will show up on your account on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Advertisement