Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently I have an intollerance to 80% of the foods I eat?

Options
  • 24-07-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

After a bout of antibiotics I started having some gut issues. I since disovered the antibiotics destroyed my good gut bacteria and my micribiome diversity.

Over the last few months I set out to repair my health and so I have been really considerate about what I put into my body. When I have a bad reaction to something I cut it out and so I was left with a diet which only contain: Fish, Poultry, Risotto, Nuts, Seeds, Fruit, Oats, Green Veg, Carrots, Potato. Literally nothing else and I have been following this diet for 6 weeks.

Continuing on the health craze i decided to get an allergy/intollerance blood test. The test was for 175 foods. The results came back today and they were a little baffling to me to say the least.

So out of the 30 foods I consume:

5 gave NO reactions

6 gave LOW intollerance reactions

7 gave MEDIUM intollerance reactions

4 gave HIGH intollerance reactions

8 items were NOT TESTED

That means out of 22 tested items from my weekly diet I have an intolerance to 77% of them! Which is an extraordinarily high number considering I only consume 30% of the foods tested.

This test is leading me to believe it's picking up "intolerances" because of the foods I am eating. It's literally telling me what I'm eating. An assumption which is made stronger considering that the foods I have a medium reaction to I consume 2-3 times a week and low reaction foods are those I only consume 1-2 times a week. And all 4 high reaction foods I consume daily.

Now have I been dramatically wrong when I began cutting out the foods that were causing me bad reactions or am i right to be suspicious of the findings of this test?

Comments

Advertisement