Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road beside Old schoolhouse swords

Options
  • 24-07-2020 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if that is due to be reopened soon or what their plan for it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

Cars were parking on Well Road footpath, particularly at weekends. The plastic bollards did not last long.

I would be surprised if Well Road was re-opened bar allowing access to Coodriona underground car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It completely messes with the traffic as all the people going left have to go right while the road is closed, when they used to evenly split between the two, hope it opens again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Inquitus wrote: »
    It completely messes with the traffic as all the people going left have to go right while the road is closed, when they used to evenly split between the two, hope it opens again soon!

Yes totally messes with traffic and is a nightmare now with all cars forced up oneway. If they one of them either a left turn only or right turn only it would make life a bit easier. Its very hard if turning right there and have to get across the 2 lanes of traffic and there is ALWAYS someone in the box trying to turn down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Yes totally messes with traffic and is a nightmare now with all cars forced up oneway. If they one of them either a left turn only or right turn only it would make life a bit easier. Its very hard if turning right there and have to get across the 2 lanes of traffic and there is ALWAYS someone in the box trying to turn down as well.

I despise making that right turn, there are so many things to look out for when turning right. Sometimes the person making the right turn down that road towards the Old School House will be ushering you out but you've no idea if there's cars on the far lane behind. I try to avoid it whenever I can. The Well Road that is currently closed is so much easier to get out from.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

The road was open again this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

That road was two way for many years!

Was always fairly tight turning right to go down it

Advertisement