Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toxic hand sanitizers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,507 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Perhaps worth to keep a thread here for highlighting brands which are toxic?

A list of the FDAs 75 here, not certain if they're available in Europe.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-hand-sanitizers-methanol#products

Extremely unlikely to be outside of north america, I didn't see the sense in posting it earlier.

Every product on the spreadsheet was imported from Mexico as far as I could see. Though I do have some US made sanitizer right here that is ethyl alcohol bases according to the label and I'm a bit more hesitant to slather it on after reading about this. Soap will do fine for the moment.

The frustrating thing is with Trump running the FDA you have a sincere doubt in the back of your mind whether they are keeping US labels off the list or not, or just only fixated on testing Mexican imports, to the detriment of domestics. However, Trump actually managed to pick a competent agency head for the FDA, so it's probably not so.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump actually managed to pick a competent agency head for the FDA, so it's probably not so.

Trump still managed to recommend bleach as a "cure"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Beasty wrote:

We re all just waiting for him to cure himself with it, then the world can get back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 82,507 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Beasty wrote: »

Now now, he said "disinfectant," I want to be fair to all his advocates. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Beasty wrote: »

No he didn't, might want to educate yourself at bit better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement