Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone WiFi constantly disconnecting

Options
  • 24-07-2020 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got a new iPhone XS and seem to be having a problem with the WiFi. It connects to the WiFi fine but will eventually drop off the wifi when the phone is locked. So after the phone is locked for a while i pick it up and it will display the 4G symbol and will re-connect to WiFi after a few seconds.

Have i gotten a dud?! I've a Ubiquiti Access point and have no other issues with WiFi on other devices. As a test i also enabled WiFi on my Vodafone router (which is normally disabled) but the same thing happens :(

Anything i can try or has anyone encountered this before? Have tried a factory reset.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

If in doubt. Send it back. You have 14 days no question asked with Apple. I have send phones back with tiny scratches.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This sounds like normal behaviour to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Probably not much of a help but I’ve an iPhone8 and my wife has an iPhone 7. We have a uap-hd-pro and no problem with disconnects on either device. WiFi is rock solid. Locked or unlocked always has WiFi. I use WiFi calling in the house as no 4/3G coverage and no issues whether phone is locked or unlocked.

Advertisement