Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are certain sectors of Irish society apparently exempt from rules?

Options
  • 24-07-2020 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

I'm not mentioning any specific members of society.

They get free housing from the state, they destroy them, rip up copper to sell, and house horses in them.

They drive top of the range SUVs despite being "unemployed".

They amass wealth and assets with no questions as to where they came from.

They engage in crime and antisocial behaviour at an alarmingly high rate.

They engage in animal abuse and cruelty, they use elderly or weak dogs as bait for fights and steal pedigree dogs to sell on.

They exploit money from the elderly, disabled and vulnerable.

They deny their kids an education.

They used several aliases to claim multiples of benefits before more stringent ID checks were introduced.

The Gardaí are afraid of them.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular. The people I've mentioned can be found in various sectors of Irish society.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They get free housing from the state, they destroy them, rip up copper to sell, and house horses in them.

They engage in animal abuse and cruelty, they use elderly or weak dogs as bait for fights and steal pedigree dogs to sell on.

They used several aliases to claim multiples of benefits before more stringent ID checks were introduced.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular. The people I've mentioned can be found in various sectors of Irish society.

If you're not talking about anyone in particular, then you're generalising. Kind of takes the shine off your reasoned discourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Isn’t John Connors a cnut?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just cancel your account if you're bored of boards, no need to be upsetting the mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

MarkR wrote: »
    If you're not talking about anyone in particular, then you're generalising. Kind of takes the shine off your reasoned discourse.

Pray tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

I know. Politicians seem to be above the law

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Great bunch of lads. Lots of prejudice against them. All undeserved.

Great bunch of lads. Lots of prejudice against them. All undeserved.

I'm talking about people from all sections of society who do the aforementioned things.

Who is being prejudiced?

Pray tell.

Which of those words did you have trouble with?

I'm talking about people from all sections of society who do the aforementioned things.

Who is being prejudiced?

I thought it was certain sectors? Is it all now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

While those that are treated as the lowest of the low are the working poor and the lower middle class, full time workers who get 0 in the way of benefits and absurdly lower salaries than those above them. Every country in Europe has a hierarchy but the gap between classes in Ireland I find to be really extreme. The sad thing is it seems most of the public is ok with that.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Which of those words did you have trouble with?

Your accusations of me generalising.

Against whom, pray tell, am I generalising?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hairy Japanese BASTARDS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The exact same thread in After Hours was just closed. Not happening here either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement