Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Approval Process

Options
  • 24-07-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

I'll start this off by saying I've got a very good credit rating and have never missed any mortgage payments, any loans payments or credit card payments. I've had plenty of loans with Bank of Ireland over the years and have never had any missed payments with any loans or any credit card missed payments. My account never falls below 3,000 so I don't get charged for any transaction fees. I'm on a salary of just over 160k so I would guess I'm a pretty good customer.

So anyway I applied for a 15k online loan on Monday 20th morning at 9:50am. Uploaded the documents when asked and this was completed on the same day at 2:38pm.  3 days later I had still not heard anything so I rang to find out what the problem was.  They asked me to confirm some details and said yes everything is good and should go through ok now. 

By Friday the online status had still not changed and I still hadn't heard anything from the Bank so I rang (10:27am) to find out what the problem was. I was told that it should have gone through as everything is good, they put it through and said I should receive the email and text in a couple of hours.

A few hours later still nothing, so I rang (2:46pm) again and was then told by another person that yes it should have gone through blah blah blah and I will get the email and text in a couple of hours, I ask would I definitely be receiving the email today and was told "Yes".  

By 4pm I still hadn't received anything after being told twice that I would today so I was pretty annoyed now so I rang again (4:03pm) to find out what was going on. I told her that the earlier customer service rep told me I would receive the email and text in a couple of hours etc.. She explain that the emails and text are sent out in batches at set times and that she could see mine was in the 4:20pm batch and that it would definitely be going out then so I should receive them very soon.

Still nothing!! 

The problem is not the loan but the time that this whole process has wasted, this has now caused me a potential problem. If they had just declined the loan on Monday I would have been better off as I would have taken it through our company or the other involved company instead.  My loan last year with the Bank of Ireland was completed in 2 days!

Now my question is that there is clearly a problem here which I now want to know what is going on? Bank of Ireland are dragging their heels, their system doesn't seen to work or their reps don't know what's going on, so how can 4 customer service reps all get this wrong?

One other point why don't you update your office phone open hours? It's just a bit of text on a website 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi AntiVirus, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

We’re very to hear that this has been your experience in relation to your loan application process. 

We can certainly understand that this a very frustrating situation and do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by this. 

Due to reduced working hours in our offices at the moment due to current circumstances, the reviewing process of applications may take a little longer than usual. 

We’ll certainly pass along your feedback in relation to extending phone line hours to the relevant department. 

If you’d like to raise this further, please click the link below to our feedback and complaints process. 

https://bit.ly/2Byw6zQ 

If there’s anything else that we can help you with please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I've already done that. 

Your response is pretty poor as you didn't answer any of my question or attempt to ask me anything of importance other than to pass the buck? Very similar lazy responce to the MSN messenger service as well but I'll go through this whole process with the complaints board and I intend on keeping this thread up-to-date with the response so as to help any other users who find themselves in a similar position.

Here's a quick update for any one else who may be in a similar position:

Rang the customer support team this morning and they could see it should have gone through but didn't so they said they would go and manually have the documents a text sent. A couple of minutes later I received the documents and the sms text message. They also rang back to see did I received the document and the sms with the password. They are looking into the problem and think it may have been related to the email address and will let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I've already done that. 

Your response is pretty poor as you didn't answer any of my question or attempt to ask me anything of importance other than to pass the buck? Very similar lazy responce to the MSN messenger service as well but I'll go through this whole process with the complaints board and I intend on keeping this thread up-to-date with the response so as to help any other users who find themselves in a similar position.
    Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way. Please be assured all of our Customers feedback is important to us and we will certainly pass this on. 

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here again, we are more than happy to follow this up for you should you run into any further difficulties with your Loan Application. 

Thanks, Aisling

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I've already done that. 

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here again, we are more than happy to follow this up for you should you run into any further difficulties with your Loan Application. 

Thanks, Aisling
    Why would I do that? Eve didn't do anything to help in the first place and as I've said it has been sorted in about 15 minutes with a call to the support staff. 

There's no need to reply to this, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Justme1234

Hi anti virus,

I am in the same boat as you were here, Can you tell me how you got around them on the phone to send you the email and text manually? I just keep being told I will receive the email and text today and then I don’t receive anything.
    I have been told that Friday and then again this morning and still nothing.

Hi anti virus,

I am in the same boat as you were here, Can you tell me how you got around them on the phone to send you the email and text manually? I just keep being told I will receive the email and text today and then I don’t receive anything.

Hi anti virus,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LimerickCust

I had requested a loan on 6-June, and following up every day with the customer care. Submitted all the required documents at O'Connel street branch (Limerick) 2 days ago, but the customer care still has the same reply, asking me to submit the documents. Clearly, the Loan department is not contacting the O'Connel street branch, but providing me a vague response. Its been 2 weeks, I have no clue when possibly this will conclude !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I had requested a loan on 6-June, and following up every day with the customer care. Submitted all the required documents at O'Connel street branch (Limerick) 2 days ago, but the customer care still has the same reply, asking me to submit the documents. Clearly, the Loan department is not contacting the O'Connel street branch, but providing me a vague response. Its been 2 weeks, I have no clue when possibly this will conclude !!
    Hi LimerickCust,

Thanks for your post.

Can we ask how you submitted the application, was it in branch or online? If you applied online you should have received an application tracker link which is updated when the application progresses. If you supplied supporting documents two days ago, the application will now be with our underwriting team and you will be contacted as soon as there is an update. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LimerickCust

1. It was an online application. 

2. The online tracker Status
    Loan approved
    Last Updated: 17/06/2021 10:54

Great news, your loan's approved. Check your email inbox for details on how to draw down your funds.

3. I also received a confirmation email for signing off the contract with the subject line

Completed: Please DocuSign 

I have not received anything on my email-inbox yet as in item 2 above.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

1. It was an online application. 

2. The online tracker Status
    Loan approved
    Last Updated: 17/06/2021 10:54

Great news, your loan's approved. Check your email inbox for details on how to draw down your funds.

3. I also received a confirmation email for signing off the contract with the subject line

Completed: Please DocuSign 

I have not received anything on my email-inbox yet as in item 2 above.  
    Thanks for getting back to us LimerickCust. The status on the application trackers would indicate that your loan has been approved since yesterday morning and once you sign the DocuSign and return it, the loan will be in your account within two business days. The DocuSign email is what is sent to your email inbox for drawing down the funds.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement