Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

house improvements

• 25-07-2020 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I’m thinking of getting work done to my house (South Dublin) and wondering if these ballpark figures are correct (incl vat)
    40m2 kitchen /sunroom extension plus utility room - 70k
    New gas boiler/radiators/pipe work/zoned controls - 8k
    New kitchen/island and appliances - 12.5k
    New laminate flooring ground floor - 4k

Did anyone get this type of work done recently and Could they pm me their builder if they think they would recommend him
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

How many rads?

why not a heat pump if new rads?

will the extension require a structural engineer for steel etc?

Who is doing the construction drawings?
    Is that priced?
    who will supervise?
    Is that priced?

What floor are for the laminate?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

11 radiators
    Not sure about a heat pump ...I don’t know enough about them.
    Extension will require rsj and engineer to sign off on the work.
    Not priced yet. Builder only/no architect/no planning permission required
    Floor area approx 60m2 in total
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If spending that on the heating system, I would remove the gas and get a heat pump. Might cost a little extra up front but the grants etc and payback period will off set that.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Gumbo wrote: »
    If spending that on the heating system, I would remove the gas and get a heat pump. Might cost a little extra up front but the grants etc and payback period will off set that.

Does the house have to be airtight for a heat pump? I am considering upgrading soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

Yeah does it have to be very insulated. Mine isn’t (circa 1980).

• Advertisement
Advertisement