Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW38+ Matchday Thread - Donegal1234s' race to £50K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Unreal 👏👏👏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What a fantastically exciting end of the season.

And I still haven't logged into fpl to see what I finished with :pac:

Reading this thread the last 30 minutes has been magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

munster87 wrote: »

Jesus he won two comps. What are the ****ing odds....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I have won . 50k sweet Jesus

Con-fcuking-grads lad... brilliant news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The official fpl prize is pretty shiite when compared to the other two. Surely EA could stump up a cash prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fantastic result for you :)

Well done!

Hard work paid off I guess ;)

The FanTeam lads are going even bigger next year 200,000k up top

25 quid an entry, and you can play multiple teams if you really like your head wrecked :D

Site called bethard allows you yo play from Ireland as you couldnt on fanteam last year but that may have changed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Final rank
    Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The official fpl prize is pretty shiite when compared to the other two. Surely EA could stump up a cash prize.

Yea they need to up their game there. It's played by millions now so they should at least offer a decent cash 1st prize.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The FanTeam lads are going even bigger next year 200,000k up top

25 quid an entry, and you can play multiple teams if you really like your head wrecked :D

Site called bethard allows you yo play from Ireland as you couldnt on fanteam last year but that may have changed now

Just had a look, Ireland is not listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Final OR 1,355.

My 2nd highest ever finish, if I’d have gone with KDB over Sterling as captain I’d have been inside the top 1k. So close!

All MLs won and my 7th top 10k finish in 10 years, so definitely HEWT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Final rank 20,679.

If you had offered it to me at the start of the season I would have taken it, but leaves a bitter taste in the mouth after being at 3,079 pre lockdown. 8 red arrows out of 9 since we came back. Just couldn't seem to catch a break.

Oh well, looking forward to September 12th already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Benimar wrote: »
    Final OR 1,355.

My 2nd highest ever finish, if I’d have gone with KDB over Sterling as captain I’d have been inside the top 1k. So close!

Wow, seven top 10ks in 10 years. That’s fair going man, well done.

We can call you Mr Consistent. :D

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just had a look, Ireland is not listed.

I played on bernard this year anyways, same competition not sure why one has license here and other not but twas above board, 4 teams for someone as unorganised as me was a bad idea, itll be 1 or 2 next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I played on bernard this year anyways, same competition not sure why one has license here and other not but twas above board, 4 teams for someone as unorganised as me was a bad idea, itll be 1 or 2 next year

So how exactly is it run? Can you give a quick explanation of FanTeam please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Benimar wrote: »
    Final OR 1,355.

Very consistent Benimar. This is exactly why we need to have a thread which gives people records!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

63 points on FH and finished just inside 50k. Very disappointing finish, just a few points better off on FH and lost my main leagues by 1 and 5 poins captaining Dilva to their KDB and Sterling.
    Congrats to all who won big and thanks to all for the advice and entertainment throughout the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Finished up at 1801 - 4th best finish of all time and very happy with it.

A solid season but was probably too influenced by group think. Need to ease off Twitter next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

76 and finished 16,745. Happy with that and won a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Finished 25,260. Won a few leagues so happy enough I guess but when compared to others here it's not great!

• Advertisement

So how exactly is it run? Can you give a quick explanation of FanTeam please.

25 quid a team, runs similar points wise to fpl some slight differences, 3 wildcards this year, although think it was only meant to be 2, no other chips and away you go.

Didnt reach its guarantee this year, 8000 or so enteries, 1250-750 got money back 750 - 501 for 40 and it rise up along to first which got 50k

Midfielder attackers get extra point for completing the game.

Goalies get .5 per save

Team “wins” in the period player is on the pitch 1

Team “loses” in the period player is on the pitch -1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Worst season ever for me down around 600k. Will probably give it a miss next season. Wrong captain choice most weeks destroyed me and then didn't watch much since the restart. Enjoyed the forum though and probably will get sucked in again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

82K Overall

Consistently top 150K.

Need to do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Worst season ever for me down around 600k. Will probably give it a miss next season. Wrong captain choice most weeks destroyed me and then didn't watch much since the restart. Enjoyed the forum though and probably will get sucked in again next season.

If this forum wasn't here I wouldn't bother playing, without the match day and transfer threads the game is quite dull and it's easily one of the soundest forums on Boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I have won . 50k sweet Jesus

wow! what you must be feeling right now...Congrats and enjoy it :)

siblers wrote: »
    it's easily one of the soundest forums on Boards

Yup completely agree. It's a solid community and definitely makes me come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

eh i dunno wrote: »

You'll get these seasons where things don't work out the way we want.

It used to be the case a few years ago that skill alone could get you a top 10k finish. Those days are now gone imo, with roughly 7 million players it is increasingly tough.

I think skill and dedication can get you circa a top 50 k - 75k finish now, but above that you are really relying on a large slice of luck and many 50-50 decisions falling well for you.

Congratulations to everyone that stuck with it right through to the bitter end, Covid and all.

Hope to see you all back again next year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Thanks everyone on here for the support all day. Will never forget this day for the rest of my life. Been a crazy day never thought I would win the whole thing.

Anybody on here ever In Letterkenny give me a shout.

Anybody on here ever In Letterkenny give me a shout.

Any Dubs wanna carpool up? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just looking at the guy that came third overall still had his triple captain.

He put it on Salah this GW. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Finished just inside top 100k, the more wives and children I have the harder this gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just looking at the guy that came third overall still had his triple captain.

He put it on Salah this GW. Ouch.

I think he was 1st going in to todays games. He obviously isn't on twitter or boards, a painful way to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think he was 1st going in to todays games. He obviously isn't on twitter or boards, a painful way to lose.

I think hes on reddit, its completely inexplicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Well done to all the price winners and Doengal1234, top class!!!

Took home nothing in the end.

Basically transfering our Alonso for Robbo for a -4 cost me. Panic last minute transfer to cover TAA not starting. Cost me 10 points and 2nd and 3rd place.

OR 234k, dissapointing finish after hovering around the 100k mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Guy who was 4th and is a chess world champion took a hit at 2.55 to sell martial for salah and captain him . VC was antonio. Had sterling .
    He scored 40(-4) but only dropped to 11th

• Advertisement

This was the exact moment I found out I won.

https://twitter.com/ffh_sky/status/1287501351195422729?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Absolutely awful season but I’m really looking forward to the next one already. There’s nothing better than the Saturday 3pm games and the match day thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

How did you stay so cool and relaxed??

I'd be shouting and roaring the house down running around! :pac:

Superb achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Guy who was 4th and is a chess world champion took a hit at 2.55 to sell martial for salah and captain him . VC was antonio. Had sterling .
    He scored 40(-4) but only dropped to 11th

That actually made me happy. When he was in the top three for a while earlier in the season FFS’s Joe, who is a pain in the hole anyway, was ****eing on about how FPL and chess were so alike and it was no wonder he was doing well

Annoyed me a disproportionate amount

Green&Red wrote: »
    That actually made me happy. When he was in the top three for a while earlier in the season FFS’s Joe, who is a pain in the hole anyway, was ****eing on about how FPL and chess were so alike and it was no wonder he was doing well

Everybody knows Triple Captain Knight to Enemy goal is the play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

74 in the end on Free hit.

if i had captained Kev instead of Dilva it would have been 90. Still, Happy enough with that :)

Finished the season just outside 600k. The worst season I have ever had, but given where i was for most of the season, to finish anywhere inside the top 1million is nothing short of a miracle and I'm pretty happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

So, my -16 punt backfired massively. Only finished on 58 pts this week all thanks to transferring out KDB for Silva and two Liverpool lads letting me down, one Salah (C).

Dropped from 240k to 400k :pac: we go again next year fellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

82(-8) today.

Won my 2 main leagues 90 odd points in the end. My only goal.

OR just inside 20k.
    My second highest ever finish

VERY HEWT.

I probably need to stop making fruity transfers and be willy nilly with points hits.

Took 18 this season. For - 72 points.
    Can't imagine i ended up on the right side of that but I'm not going to torture myself counting.

Next season I need to stop messing with transfers and hits and stick with a set and forget keeper excluding forced moves from injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Finished at 113k, worst season in a long time. I was 356k before the restart. Wasn't in top 100k once all year.

I blame that stupid job thing I have to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

57 on FH which didn't exactly work out.
    KDB, Mane and Bruno out for Dilva (c), Salah and Martial = Not good :rolleyes:
    Jimi and Greenwood out for Jesus and Wood = OK:)
    Pope out for Ederson = Good :D
    AWB, Doherty, Baldock & Dunk out for Robbo, Aurier, Pieters and Williams (who I benched) = OK
    Red arrow to 510k OR Not good but considering I was at 1.29M at restart

Planning for next season already. It's only 48 days :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

84 (-12)

Finished the season at 29k.. disappointing as finished last season at 28k and had been knocking on the door of a top 10k finish a couple weeks after the restart. Won all my private leagues anyway so thats nice, nothing on the line other than bragging rights.

Take home points for me on the back of this season is to be more aggressive with transfers (and the 1st wildcard) over the first few gamweeks. I had a good 1st week this year then slid slowly down to 2mil OR because I was hesitant to take hits or jump on the form playere early. TV became a problem after the restart too as a result. Anyway Ill be glad of the break from it all... for now!

See you all in ~6weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I was watching. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Green&Red wrote: »

Many of the FFS masters of the universe will have that effect on you. Some complete spoofers on there - Sutherns not included in that.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I was watching. Well done.

Thanks , still can’t believe I won. Be intresting what opportunities come out of this for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Thanks , still can’t believe I won. Be intresting what opportunities come out of this for me.

You seemed very at ease on the Podcast. Maybe they will sign you up.

Hope you booked today off

• Advertisement
Advertisement