Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telling people to cop on since Covid-19 arrived?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ah okay I get ya. Not much I can say when you’re comparing with gluten intolerance though but I think you’re implying that it’s over/incorrectly diagnosed? I honestly wouldn’t have a clue if thats true but I don’t see why you view it in such black and white terms. I agree there are people that don’t respect personal space and you agree there are also people with disorders so that’s all there is to it. I think they should be approached the same way, clear communication to back off. I don’t go around assuming everyone has a disability nor do I assume everyone is an asshole...

I initially replied because in my personal experience it is 100% autism and an earlier poster pointedly said it’s not autism which is impossible for any of us to say. I have a lot of friends with kids who have disorders so in my world there are a lot of people with disabilities and every day I work hard to teach my children how to behave in social situations. Maybe you don’t know anyone with a social communication disorder so that’s why you’re so dismissive.

I thought i’d offer advice in case people just weren’t aware that standing too close (or conversely needing personal space) can be autism. As aforementioned, in my life this is the case, my child would run off and cuddle any stranger if I didn’t hold onto their hand. I know you don’t want to consider this but if anyone else reading this or indeed anyone with autism is reading this I hope they know that there are lots of people out there struggling with all these new rules and a lot of us will show compassion...just try to ignore the assholes

All I got from that is that you like to talk about autism.

This however is absolutely and utterly nothing to do with autism in any of its forms. It’s to do with numpties who do understand personal space.

But that won’t stop you or any other person pushing some obscure agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nope. I’m saying they exist in a VERY small properly/actually diagnosed minority. Kinda like people who say they’re gluten intolerant.

Very many people on the spectrum are still undiagnosed, many of those would probably be completely unaware of this possibility, I suspect many people in my life are exactly this. again, new social rules would be an issue for many disorders, not just autism

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ron_Swanson

You got me, i’m pushing a gluten intolerant agenda. Gosh you’re shrewd. Good luck out there navigating those supermarket queues, I see it’s not easy for you and I hope people give you the space you need and it doesn’t send you into some weird angry paranoid state where you overreact and ignore rationality...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its not hard to understand the rules, stop making up excuses.

Rules are you must wear a mask on public transport. Everywhere else is a guideline unless a shop enforces it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

unhappys10 wrote: »
    So have you had to do this yet and what were the circumstances?

About 375 times and every one on this site......

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭i_surge

No matter how strongly we might feel about the wearing of masks, mass congregations, and in supporting the Lockdown, I think there is a little voice somewhere in the back of the mind of most people, warning us that we fell into a regime of non-freedom with worrying ease and enthusiasm.

Obviously the Lockdown was necessary. Obviously masks are important to stem the rate of transmission.

But it's been a long time since human society was ordered to wear certain garments or stay under a form of house arrest, and I don't think society has fully come to terms with the consequences of that shift in mentality. A new frontier of acceptable limits on human organisation has been opened. In this case, it's mostly been necessary.

But we need to think about the new normal and what kind of people we might become.

Nonsense!

It is basic precaution regarding a highly transmissible and dangerous virus. Far from totalitarian.

Advertisement