Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday with Miriam

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

She's at it again with the elderly gent on at the moment. He refers to his mother a few times, using that word and she has to go and say mum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

She's at it again with the elderly gent on at the moment. He refers to his mother a few times, using that word and she has to go and say mum.

That's was an interesting guest. I had it on in the background and only caught the end of it. I must listen back to it.

I did catch the promo and I found something a little odd. Miriam referred to Vicki Phelan supporters as "fans". I know it sounds pedantic. But it just sits wrong with me.

I feel sorry for Vicki Phelan and the horrible situation she is in. But I can't help feeling she is being exploited by RTE.

She is on so often she must be close to being a full time staffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I feel sorry for Vicki Phelan and the horrible situation she is in. But I can't help feeling she is being exploited by RTE.

It could well be her choice ...and in newspapers etc.

It could well be her choice ...and in newspapers etc.

You think she is just one of those people who likes attention.

Either way I still think it is exploitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

I don't know who is to 'blame'...RTE, Vicky Phelan or a bit of both...but it does all feel a bit exploitative, even inappropriate at times. If the media focus is on her cervical check/women's health advocacy, then more power to everyone, but it seems to have become something else and that piece today was an example of it. I don't really know how to describe it...just feels a bit 'off' for me.

But I do hope it all works out for her, as I would for anyone with cancer.

Cole wrote: »
    I don't know who is to 'blame'...RTE, Vicky Phelan or a bit of both...but it does all feel a bit exploitative, even inappropriate at times. If the media focus is on her cervical check/women's health advocacy, then more power to everyone, but it seems to have become something else and that piece today was an example of it. I don't really know how to describe it...just feels a bit 'off' for me.

But I do hope it all works out for her, as I would for anyone with cancer.

Listening today it just felt intrusive. I felt very uncomfortable listening.

And as the poster said. I really hope everything works out for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Christ, Brendan Graham again. I’m sure he’s a lovely guy but I, honestly, can’t listen to another story about ‘You Raise Me Up’.

Should have switched over to Newstalk after ‘Sunday Miscellany’ straight away.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just tuned in. never normally listen. but how do people listen to this stuff.

" can't let you go without mentioining you raise me up says miriam "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Kalimah

That version of You Raise me Up wasn’t great - the original Brian Kennedy is the best in my opinion. Mind you I’m a bit tired of the song at this stage.

I was wondering what the song was about 15 minutes into the show? Possibly in Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

was it a repeat of an interview he did on the miriam show from 2 years ago ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I didn’t actually listen to it but I believe it was a sort of “tribute to”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement