Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir chargine me €250 out of the blue for eFiber connection

Options
  • 26-07-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

So 3 months ago I signed up to Eirs fiber extreme. €30 package. Moved from Vodafone fiber. They sent me out the router and I connected it.
    All good.
    Now in Month 3 I get a bill for €250 + €30.
    On the bill it says it is a connection charge.
    Now when I signed up for this I asked were there any sneaky charges and they said No there werent.
    So Im trying to contact them and I cant get through anywhere.
    Does anyone know how to contact Eir customer service or what can I do about this.
    I was told not to go near Eir and I didnt believe the stories.
    I do now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

JimmyVik wrote: »
    So 3 months ago I signed up to Eirs fiber extreme. €30 package. Moved from Vodafone fiber. They sent me out the router and I connected it.
    All good.
    Now in Month 3 I get a bill for €250 + €30.
    On the bill it says it is a connection charge.
    Now when I signed up for this I asked were there any sneaky charges and they said No there werent.
    So Im trying to contact them and I cant get through anywhere.
    Does anyone know how to contact Eir customer service or what can I do about this.
    I was told not to go near Eir and I didnt believe the stories.
    I do now.

They’re customer service is horrendous. Disgraceful company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Im fuming.
    I was on the phone all day on hold on Friday.
    They shouldnt be getting away with just slapping random amounts on peoples bills.

Im fuming.
    I was on the phone all day on hold on Friday.
    They shouldnt be getting away with just slapping random amounts on peoples bills.

Might just be a mistake. I signed up online with vodaphone. €30 a month for 6 months then €45 thereafter (free connection for the fibre to the home if you singed up online)

I rang straight away to make sure the order was put through correctly. She said yes - free connection €30 a month.

First bill came on Friday €160 - charging me for installation. I rang and told the girl, she checked the web chat & she said I was correct & that the bull will be corrected. I guarantee you when I ring them tomorrow the bill will still be €160. If it is, I’ll be cancelling my DD. I’d advice you do the same until they get the bill corrected.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Might just be a mistake. I signed up online with vodaphone. €30 a month for 6 months then €45 thereafter (free connection for the fibre to the home if you singed up online)

I rang straight away to make sure the order was put through correctly. She said yes - free connection €30 a month.

First bill came on Friday €160 - charging me for installation. I rang and told the girl, she checked the web chat & she said I was correct & that the bull will be corrected. I guarantee you when I ring them tomorrow the bill will still be €160. If it is, I’ll be cancelling my DD. I’d advice you do the same until they get the bill corrected.

Thanks
    What number did you get through to them on.

Thanks
    What number did you get through to them on.

Vodaphone? 1907 I think??

At least vodaphone answer the phones, unlike Eir

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Eir make the same "mistakes" so often, they have to be deliberate. Shocking company to deal with.

Vodaphone? 1907 I think??

At least vodaphone answer the phones, unlike Eir

Its Eir unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

All the same, fighting with vodafone for last 8 months, all bills wrong, overchared for add ons I'd not asked for, eventually
    got credit applied, and what happens next bill is wrong and they use my credit to clear balance still fighting with them

its over 180euro + too not small change, support staff are egyptian these days, very frustrating

BobMc wrote: »
    All the same, fighting with vodafone for last 8 months, all bills wrong, overchared for add ons I'd not asked for, eventually
    got credit applied, and what happens next bill is wrong and they use my credit to clear balance still fighting with them

its over 180euro + too not small change, support staff are egyptian these days, very frustrating

I’ve just checked mine & that’s what’s they’ve done. My first bill is €159 when it should be €59. My account reads €99 credit. I’m going to cancel my dd tomorrow as the money is due to come out in the 31st. This isn’t the contract I signed up for. They can fcuk off with their credit.

I’ve just checked mine & that’s what’s they’ve done. My first bill is €159 when it should be €59. My account reads €99 credit. I’m going to cancel my dd tomorrow as the money is due to come out in the 31st. This isn’t the contract I signed up for. They can fcuk off with their credit.

I got through to them on twitter and they told me this was what i agreed to.
    I said produce where I agreed to. Because I certainly didnt agree to it. Then silence.

Anyone know where I go with a complaint about this. COMREG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I got through to them on twitter and they told me this was what i agreed to.
    I said produce where I agreed to. Because I certainly didnt agree to it. Then silence.

Anyone know where I go with a complaint about this. COMREG?

Lodge a FORMAL complaint with Eir. Twitter, chat etc are not part of the complaints process and Eir can just ignore any complaints via those channels. Comreg are the next step but won't handle any complaint without first exhausting Eir's complaints process (get a complaint reference number from Eir). If Eir don't respond to a formal complaint within 10 days then you can go to Comreg to force Eir to respond.

You could go the data protection route to access any interactions in which Eir claim you agreed to terms that you didn't actually agree to. They are also obliged to provide a contract with terms so any charges should be detailed there.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Lodge a FORMAL complaint with Eir. Twitter, chat etc are not part of the complaints process and Eir can just ignore any complaints via those channels. Comreg are the next step but won't handle any complaint without first exhausting Eir's complaints process (get a complaint reference number from Eir). If Eir don't respond to a formal complaint within 10 days then you can go to Comreg to force Eir to respond.

You could go the data protection route to access any interactions in which Eir claim you agreed to terms that you didn't actually agree to. They are also obliged to provide a contract with terms so any charges should be detailed there.

How do lodge a complaint with them though.
    They dont make it easy to find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

ccm@eir.ie

They probably won't reply but keep the emails to show Comreg that Eir didn't respond.

There's also a number to call 1800 200 481 but that might just be same as customer service who probably haven't helped much so far.

Here's some info from other posters that may assist on how to deal with Eir, it's similar to above but might have more specific details...
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=ccm%40eir.ie

Hard to understand how Eir continually get away with this sort of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Complain, wait for reply and then use comreg. I've always got satisfaction quickly once comreg got involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

They did this to me about 15 years ago. I'm shocked to see they're still at it. Shocked, I tell you.

Log a complaint here (I think - I just googled "eir complaint")

Request a copy of your data under GDPR as per their privacy policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Ten Pin wrote: »
    ccm@eir.ie

They probably won't reply but keep the emails to show Comreg that Eir didn't respond.

There's also a number to call 1800 200 481 but that might just be same as customer service who probably haven't helped much so far.

Here's some info from other posters that may assist on how to deal with Eir, it's similar to above but might have more specific details...
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=ccm%40eir.ie

Hard to understand how Eir continually get away with this sort of nonsense.

It is NOT hard to understand how they get away with this.
    The regulator is a soft touch and needs to be pushed into an action they take.

Advertisement