Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conveyancing mistakes

Options
  • 27-07-2020 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Now I undertand that if someone is not happy with their conveyancing lawyer, then said person can complain to the Irish Law Society but that usually does not work because the law society like any other union is there to protect lawyers
    Another idea is to estimate the cost the lawyer's mistakes have caused and then sue for said amount in the courts. The courts are less prejudice than the law society but we are still in a position where one lawyer/judge is being asked to regulate another lawyer/judge ie you would be lucky to find an independent/objective judge
    Another method is to find another lawyer to sue the conveyancing lawyer..but i suspect he would take on the case charge a few hundred for one letter and then say the case is weak and he should not have taken on the case
    What I am looking for is a non prejudice person to mediate between me and the lawyer....where would i find one

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

mediation between a solicitor and a client isn't really an accommodation & property subject.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement