Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade boiler/Heating System

• 27-07-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭

How do

My parents are looking to upgrade the current heating system in the house, it still has the original boiler from prob late 70's early 80's.
    Just your typical 3 bed, 2 storey semi in Dublin.

Currently there is Oil central heating, open fire in the living room with pump and emersion/hot tank upstairs.

Not sure where to start, just want some pointers before speaking to plumbers so I know what's needed and how much is it likely to cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Looking at the same... Boiler about the same age.

It is in a boiler house but new boilers can be outside and the tank is 1100L.

I am thinking of a slimline tank 650L (almost 1/4 footprint) and outside condenser oil tank...

There is/was grants for the heating controls, I will be checking later today.

I also am looking at getting proper water pressure too, so might get a pressure water tank too.. (I am doing a Bathroom upgrade too.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

CowboyTed wrote: »
    Looking at the same... Boiler about the same age.

It is in a boiler house but new boilers can be outside and the tank is 1100L.

I am thinking of a slimline tank 650L (almost 1/4 footprint) and outside condenser oil tank...

There is/was grants for the heating controls, I will be checking later today.

I also am looking at getting proper water pressure too, so might get a pressure water tank too.. (I am doing a Bathroom upgrade too.)

Would 40 year old plumbing fittings be able to cope with a pressurised system ?

Advertisement