Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Who says there wasn't one there before?

i dont know of there was.

the man has been in public office since 1973. was there one before?

it should be easy enough to prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Trump in mid sentence got distracted by a mosquito and started ranting about killing sharks...

That is funny tbh.

Brutal that these two is the best the Yanks can come up with. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That is funny tbh.

Brutal that these two is the best the Yanks can come up with. Sad.

Unfortunately Batman isn't real, Abraham Lincoln is dead and Martin Sheen isn't really a politician.

After the Primaries, Biden came out on top. I'd have preferred Warren or Buttigieg or even Yang but primary voters went with Biden. If you were ever driven around by a drunk crazy fecker high on meth, you'd love to replace him with an old, sober, boring butler.

That's Biden. Boring but competent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Faugheen wrote: »
    You’re suggesting that a man who spent his entire political life (long before you or I were born) raising awareness about stutters never even had one, and demanding that he (or we) show evidence.

You think because you had a speech impediment you can decide who has one and who doesn’t? No, it’s people like you who are the ones that would make up such a lie so you can present yourself as an expert and make all of us feel guilty for calling you out on it.

Get down off your high horse. You’re another one of these people who sow the seeds and when it’s called out for the bull**** that it is you play the victim.

So yes, go and get a life.

few things...

has he spent his whole political life raising awareness about stutters. if he did, kudos. that's not the debate though.

people are alluding to the fact that he has always had a stutter. i was simply looking for evidence. if yes, thats easy to prove me wrong.

none of us are experts. But the least people can ask for is evidence of something.
    so please, prove me wrong. it should be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Unfortunately Batman isn't real, Abraham Lincoln is dead and Martin Sheen isn't really a politician.

After the Primaries, Biden came out on top. I'd have preferred Warren or Buttigieg or even Yang but primary voters went with Biden. If you were ever driven around by a drunk crazy fecker high on meth, you'd love to replace him with an old, sober, boring butler.

That's Biden. Boring but competent.

I would have agreed a few years ago, but Bidens decline is obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

He's what they have put forward (he wouldn't be my pick either) but would you rather have Trump?

Sure, there's a decline as ever by age but he doesn't get distracted by flies and go away with the fairies ranting about sharks.

The US system, shítty as it is, pits two people against each other for the presidency. That gives people a binary comparison. One can agree that Biden has declined a bit but that's nothing in comparison to the guy who's ramblings baffle translators.

It's a question of scale.

He's what they have put forward (he wouldn't be my pick either) but would you rather have Trump?

Yes. He's "not a Trump supporter" but thinks that the odd slip-up by Biden is comparable to the nonsensical ramblings of a Donald that always thinks he's at a campaign rally.

Yes. He's "not a Trump supporter" but thinks that the odd slip-up by Biden is comparable to the nonsensical ramblings of a Donald that always thinks he's at a campaign rally.

It's a bit like comparing apples to Orangemen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Stutter or not , he forgets what he is talking about mid sentance , often.

Trump is going to destroy the Dems, and its the Dems fault.

Im no fan of Trump.

Trump goes off rambling every public appearance..

How will Trump destroy the Dems? Explain

Voters picked Biden not the Democrat party. In fact Biden spent no money during the primaries and still blew away candidates who spent heavily.

• Advertisement

Stutter or not , he forgets what he is talking about mid sentance , often.

Im no fan of Trump.

Ahh hah ahahahahahahahha! Can I have some of what you're smoking? :D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The nonsense that Trump will destroy him creeps up again.

There isn’t a politician in America that would ‘destroy’ Biden in a 1v1 debate.

He prepares like very few politicians in the US, down to the minute detail. He interrupts, he makes them uncomfortable and knocks them off their stride. As well as that, if someone makes a claim that is absolute bollocks, he never leaves it alone.

This isn’t another Hillary Clinton. Plus, there’s also the small matter of Trump having a four-year Presidency which he needs to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Stutter or not , }b-]he forgets what he is talking about mid sentance[/b] , often.

Im no fan of Trump.

Watch Trumps latest speech where he goes off on a tangent about sharks and seals, then come back to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

none of us are experts. But the least people can ask for is evidence of something.
    so please, prove me wrong. it should be easy.

It’s not a criminal record, it’s a stutter. And it’s been in the news for a long time. If you’re so obsessed with whether or not someone had a stutter, go and do some research yourself.

It’s ridiculous that coming up to an election, this is the issue someone focuses on. Petty.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Will Trump release his medical records? Especially seeing as he has made two unexpected and unannounced visits to hospital in the last few months?

As we recently found out, he was visiting his terminally ill brother. Have some respect please, its not the kind of thing you should use to score political points.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,764 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

As we recently found out, he was visiting his terminally ill brother. Have some respect please, its not the kind of thing you should use to score political points.

Pretty sure the poster was referring to his unexpected and unexplained visit to Walter Reed Hospital last November.

Am enjoying this road to Damascus conversion of Trump fans who all of a sudden have a line that shouldn't be crossed in terms of scoring political points.

Pity it didn't happen before conservatives said some pretty low things about Biden comforting his grandchildren at their fathers funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

There was talk back in 2012 that Paul Ryan was some economic genius of the right, and he'd "destroy" Biden. The actual result of the debate was anything but.
    Apart from the fact that he went golfing on the day his brother died.....have you any evidence for his mysterious trip to the hospital last year being because he was visiting his brother? Was his brother in Walter Reed in November, 2019?

And have you watched Biden's speech yet? What did you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Pretty sure the poster was referring to his unexpected and unexplained visit to Walter Reed Hospital last November.

Am enjoying this road to Damascus conversion of Trump fans who all of a sudden have a line that shouldn't be crossed in terms of scoring political points.

Pity it didn't happen before conservatives said some pretty low things about Biden comforting his grandchildren at their fathers funeral.

I try not to lump everyone into the same category. Plenty of Trump supporters (including myself) praised Biden's kind words upon Roberts death. There is underhandedness on both sides... Not all Trump supporters think Biden has dementia.

I try not to lump everyone into the same category. Plenty of Trump supporters (including myself) praised Biden's kind words upon Roberts death. There is underhandedness on both sides... Not all Trump supporters think Biden has dementia.

Even his friends at Fox think Trump is batsh1t crazy

Hannity Fears Trump Is A Lunatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWQp_6JAs4M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Donnie's disciples telling others to have some respect :pac: :pac:

ohLohOQ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He made two visits to Walter Reid hospital but nice pearl clutching there kid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,803 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The frantic attempts at backpedalling and "respect" cards really show Trumps diehards are running out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So we're now at the stage that Trumpers are peddling conspiracy theories over whether Biden ever had a stammer or not. Didn't expect this to be the takeaway from the DNC, but I suppose after Biden's speech went down so well on the same day their man was ranting on about mosquitoes and sharks, they're desperate to cling on to anything.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So we're now at the stage that Trumpers are peddling conspiracy theories over whether Biden ever had a stammer or not. Didn't expect this to be the takeaway from the DNC, but I suppose after Biden's speech went down so well on the same day their man was ranting on about mosquitoes and sharks, they're desperate to cling on to anything.

It's just sad isn't it.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's just sad isn't it.

You missed a great opportunity to put ‘sad’ in capitals there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

You prefer to dog whistle it by saying he is ready for the old folks home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So we have moved back to the 'both bad as each other' defence?

Kid, you cannot possibly expect anyone to take you seriously when you kept banging the drum about Biden possibly suffering from dementia on the basis of how he speaks, and then have literally nothing to say when Trump, yet again, rambles about talking absolute nonsense and clearly forgetting what he was supposed to be doing.

At least have some consistency and standards.

If you believe that Biden is not mentally fit to be POTUS, then surely you feel the same, and much more, about Trump.

And since we know all about Trump, as opposed to a theory about Biden, then the only rational decision is to go with Biden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

What an absolute mess the American political system is if these two clowns are the best they can come up with. Then again look at us with Michael Martin i suppose we aren't far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What an absolute mess the American political system is if these two clowns are the best they can come up with. Then again look at us with Michael Martin i suppose we aren't far behind.

ON what basis is Biden a clown? He has years of political experience, local Senatoral and VP.

He has been deeply involved in cross party association (one example being his relationship with McCain).

You may not like his politics, but that is very difference from saying he is not qualified for the job.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So we have moved back to the 'both bad as each other' defence?

Kid, you cannot possibly expect anyone to take you seriously when you kept banging the drum about Biden possibly suffering from dementia on the basis of how he speaks, and then have literally nothing to say when Trump, yet again, rambles about talking absolute nonsense and clearly forgetting what he was supposed to be doing.

At least have some consistency and standards.

If you believe that Biden is not mentally fit to be POTUS, then surely you feel the same, and much more, about Trump.

And since we know all about Trump, as opposed to a theory about Biden, then the only rational decision is to go with Biden.

Heh....hehehehehe....you used the word rational in the same sentence as the word Trump, while talking to a Trump supporter! Hehehehehehe!:P:P:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement