Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Biden isnt charming

I think he is, he's a tonic to the chaos and rudeness of Trump.
    Maybe we've become immune to decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Honest, trustworthy, thick skinned and charming

Trump Derangement Syndrome actually is real

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Biden isnt charming

I disagree. I could never see Trump coming across as genuinely warm and compassionate as Biden does here:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1225826865715335170

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

As somebody pointed out a few days back, if Trump thought it was to his advantage to bully that child, he would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I disagree. I could never see Trump coming across as genuinely warm and compassionate as Biden does here

Pity he wasnt so compassionate to the people of Libya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

duploelabs wrote: »
    What happened in 2005 to cause that shift?

Social media became popular , virtue signalling and ‘progressive’ thought became popular and drove advertising revenue. Advertisers keen to throw their oar in on what kind of content they wanted their ads next to and social media sites responding in kind to kill things advertisers didnt like. Traditional media print/tv hitting its peak and starting the decline which in turn caused them to replicate the same faux outrage / virtue signalling advertisers wanted to see online.

We now have traditional media and social media trying to outdo each other making the millenial and gen z generations feel warm and fuzzy and like their half baked new ideas on politics / economics and immigration are somehow correct, all at the behest of media providers grabbing a slice of the advertising budget of some large corporations who behave like crap in the background (nike sweatshops etc..) but want to be ‘ #blm #feminism #whateverThisWeek we’re your friend 18-30 year old woman with 1000 twitter followers’

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think that if you actually cared about this, you wouldn't be posting snarky comments.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Shall we discuss the various awful things Trump has done? Even as of late, he didn't care that 170k people had died... Then there's separating children from their parents. But the sharks thing was "charming"...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Social media became popular , virtue signalling and ‘progressive’ thought became popular and drove advertising revenue. Advertisers keen to throw their oar in on what kind of content they wanted their ads next to and social media sites responding in kind to kill things advertisers didnt like. Traditional media print/tv hitting its peak and starting the decline which in turn caused them to replicate the same faux outrage / virtue signalling advertisers wanted to see online.

We now have traditional media and social media trying to outdo each other making the millenial and gen z generations feel warm and fuzzy and like their half baked new ideas on politics / economics and immigration are somehow correct, all at the behest of media providers grabbing a slice of the advertising budget of some large corporations who behave like crap in the background (nike sweatshops etc..) but want to be ‘ #blm #feminism #whateverThisWeek we’re your friend 18-30 year old woman with 1000 twitter followers’

I wasn't asking you, I wanted the opinion of the person I was replying to

I disagree. I could never see Trump coming across as genuinely warm and compassionate as Biden does here:

I really think he's a great guy and part of your dislike of him is a result of the propoganda of the mainstream media. He's not perfect but certainly charming

• Advertisement

I think that if you actually cared about this, you wouldn't be posting snarky comments.

Apologies if I came across as snarky. Look, we cannot seriously call Biden compassionate when we consider what he did to Libya.

I really think he's a great guy and part of your dislike of him is a result of the propoganda of the mainstream media. He's not perfect but certainly charming

I was thinking recently that I'd not heard the tired old MSM trope in a while. You have the right to consume only media that conforms to your views. Dressing it up like this is just incredibly transparent.
    Apologies if I came across as snarky. Look, we cannot seriously call Biden compassionate when we consider what he did to Libya.

I don't know what may or may not have happened to Libya. I won't be learning about it here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pity Trump wasn't so compassionate to the people of the USA.
    When challenged by Axios’ Jonathan Swan that 1,000 Americans are dying every day, the president said: “It is what it is”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What did he do to Libya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

You must be one of these leftists then? Since Trump is such a big proponent of tariffs which is the opposite of a free market policy.

The 2 Trillion covid bailout, is that a free market policy also?

International trade tariffs have nothing to do with domestic free markets.

Bailouts have nothing to do with undue interference with free markets. They are compensation for the impactful action taken to handle the pandemic.

So, there is a clear difference between managing a free market, and replacing it.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wasn't asking you, I wanted the opinion of the person I was replying to

He hit the nail on the head. Its been discussed on other threads.

Shall we discuss the various awful things Trump has done? Even as of late, he didn't care that 170k people had died... Then there's separating children from their parents. But the sharks thing was "charming"...

The policy of separating children from parents at migration centres was well under way under Obama. I believe the figures are much higher under the Obama administration.

You cant compare old people dying of Covid, who already had comorbidities, with the violent deaths of Libyan civilians who would not have died otherwise, thanks to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Personally I am not bothered by that. Found it quite charming.

sharkff.jpg

What a moron, he hasn't got the center of gravity of the shark between his shoulder blades. He is going to topple over, a bit like the time he walked down that 3 degree ramp.

Pity Trump wasn't so compassionate to the people of the USA.

He didnt cause Covid. And to a straight talker, it is what it is. I understand that some people might be more sensitive to bluntness & thats fine. The polls will tell weather the people of America blame him for Covid.

He didnt cause Covid. And to a straight talker, it is what it is. I understand that some people might be more sensitive to bluntness & thats fine. The polls will tell weather the people of America blame him for Covid.

So he is a straight talker, but compassionate and charming?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is alive and well in this thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Yup, it's all right here. Biden has clearly lost his mind, just rambling nonsense from a few years ago.
    "“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-elton-john-696490/

Ah just kidding this was Trump. Stable genius, not at all making it up as he went along.

So he is a straight talker, but compassionate and charming?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is alive and well in this thread :pac:

Classic leftism BTW.

When you lose, change the goalposts or the meaning of words to change the result. Not everyone is fooled though.

TDS is the mass hysteria experienced by vulnerable consumers of media leading to an irrational hatred of Trump .

Biker79 wrote: »

Bailouts have nothing to do with undue interference with free markets. They are compensation for the impactful action taken to handle the pandemic.

So, there is a clear difference between managing a free market, and replacing it.

Not, an economist then, eh.

Classic leftism BTW.

When you lose, change the goalposts or the meaning of words to change the result. Not everyone is fooled though.

TDS is the mass hysteria experienced by vulnerable consumers of media leading to an irrational hatred of Trump .

But I didnt care when Hilary lost

I'm not "left" I believe in the death sentence for certain crimes, I believe in gun ownership. I have no idea why or how you can consider me to be "leftist" when you don't even know me.

Dislike of Trump and his stupidity does not make me a "lefty", why is it that Trump supporters feel the need to label anyone who doesn't cheer for dear leader as "left"?

You cant compare old people dying of Covid, who already had comorbidities, with the violent deaths of Libyan civilians who would not have died otherwise, thanks to Biden.

The "very fine people" won't be happy with you elevating islamists lives above american lives. Get with the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Classic leftism BTW.

By god does every trump fan have that clip top of their spank bank?

That woman could be a millionaire the amount of lads that have a fetish for her.

The policy of separating children from parents at migration centres was well under way under Obama. I believe the figures are much higher under the Obama administration.

This lie has already been addressed in this forum with supporting evidence. @Kidchameleon you were party to that discussion, so why are you now thanking this post where the lie is repeated?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,761 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

We are watching him, listening to him, and reading his own Tweets.

It's very rational to be repulsed by the idea that such a charlatan is the President of the US.

We are watching him, listening to him, and reading his own Tweets.

It's very rational to be repulsed by the idea that such a charlatan is the President of the US.

Actually, that's complete nonsense.

Trump was elected under a free and fair system. So, a rational response if you did not support him would be:

' I don't like this candidate but he was voted in by the majority of my countrymen, therefore as a responsible citizen, I fully accept and support this outcome. I will, however, vote against him in 4 years time ' .

This would be the attitude of a well-adjusted adult who liked his/ her country. Instead, there are all these poor TDS sufferers....its really terrible. Obviously, its nothing to do with Trump himself and signifies a deeper malaise within this cohort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

You said free market not domestic free market.

I will start with the wiki definition of a free market:

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by the open market and by consumers. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority, and from all forms of economic privilege, monopolies and artificial scarcities.[1] Proponents of the concept of free market contrast it with a regulated market in which a government intervenes in supply and demand through various methods such as tariffs used to restrict trade and to protect the local economy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market

I know, it's wiki, I can make more effort if you wish to continue.

Regarding the covid bailouts do you believe that that does not constitute government intervention in the market?

By the way you cannot manage a free market, that is an oxymoron.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement