Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Sniffy sniffy

aGdBxnZ_460swp.webp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

This lie has already been addressed in this forum with supporting evidence. @Kidchameleon you were party to that discussion, so why are you now thanking this post where the lie is repeated?

A thank is not necessarily an endorsement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Biker79 wrote: »
    Actually, that's complete nonsense.

Trump was elected under a free and fair system. So, a rational response if you did not support him would be:

' I don't like this candidate but he was voted in by the majority of my countrymen, therefore as a responsible citizen, I fully accept and support this outcome. I will, however, vote against him in 4 years time ' .

This would be the attitude of a well-adjusted adult who liked his/ her country. Instead, there are all these poor TDS sufferers....its really terrible. Obviously, its nothing to do with Trump himself and signifies a deeper malaise within this cohort.

I never disputed the manner in which he was elected.

But I am not going to ignore everything I have watched him say or do, or listened to him say, or read what he has written in the nearly 4 years since he won the election.

Are you suggesting that you like him purely because of who he was, or who you thought he was prior to the election in 2016? Have you been in a coma since then or missed everything that has gone on?

A thank is not necessarily an endorsement.

What is it then?

I wonder if there will be a Biden derangement syndrome among some posters here in a few months when Biden starts to un**** Trumps mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump was elected under a free and fair system. So, a rational response if you did not support him would be:

' I don't like this candidate but he was voted in by the majority of my countrymen, therefore as a responsible citizen, I fully accept and support this outcome. I will, however, vote against him in 4 years time ' .

This would be the attitude of a well-adjusted adult who liked his/ her country. Instead, there are all these poor TDS sufferers....its really terrible. Obviously, its nothing to do with Trump himself and signifies a deeper malaise within this cohort.

Now that's complete nonsense. In essense you are saying that the Dear Leader and any politician for that matter is immune from criticism between elections. That people may only express an opinion at the next election. Interesting view of democracy you have there, although it aligns with Trump's view (free press are the enemy of the people etc) so not particularly surprising.

I wonder if there will be a Biden derangement syndrome among some posters here in a few months when Biden starts to un**** Trumps mess.

Presuming Biden wins, which is by no means guaranteed, I pretty much guarantee what we will see here within a few days of him being inaugurated is something like the following.

On BLM: 'What is needed is a strong President to stand up to this nonsense.

On Covid. Why are people still dying? Isn't Biden President now? I thought all you guys said Trump was the problem?

There's still going to be problems in the world, America's response is still going to fall short, or tick people off, Climate concern is still going to be an issue about which not enough is being done, but, hopefully, none of these problems will be exacerbated purely because of the ineptitude of a single person which is what has happened over the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

trump seems normal, at least the best normal they have. meanwhile back in ireland...

Biden supporters steal a 7 year old boys MAGA hat after the DNC *Warning disturbing content*

The poor kid. Its unreal the lows Biden supporters will go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What did he do to Libya?

Eh, hello?

What did Biden do in Libya?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Biden supporters steal a 7 year old boys MAGA hat after the DNC *Warning disturbing content*

You really are boring.

Seriously. Your faux-outrage is really, really boring.

EDIT: I just watched that video. It’s just as misleading as I knew it would be.

The woman saying ‘give me back my hat’, then turning to the child ‘go get your hat back’, then saying ‘give me my hat back’ again.

Even the child said it was someone else’s hat.

Seriously, the ****ing **** faith in which you post is excruciatingly painful.

@Tell me how thanks for sharing that. My God, brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wasn't asking you, I wanted the opinion of the person I was replying to

Ohh im sorry, i thought this was a public discussion forum where everyone contributes and not a PM directed at somebody specific

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

And? What are we supposed to glean from that video? Did Biden sponsor the attacker, or what?

Are you trying to infer that this Is representative of all Biden supporters? I don’t get what the video is supposed to tell us.

Or can we just compare it to say, Trump mocking disabled people?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He didn't mock the disabled reporter for being disabled (which is of course what you're implying) he mocked him for being incompetent and did so using the same mannerisms he had used to mock others in the past. It's just one of the well trotted out lies from the left that refuses to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

didnt david bowie have a song about this not being amerca? sorry trollbots

He didn't mock the disabled reporter for being disabled, he mocked him for being incompetent, using the same mannerisms he has used to mock others. It's just one of the well trotted out lies that was trotted out by the left and refuses to die.

And meanwhile, his fans think that 'he wasn't mocking THAT disabled person' is a reasonable thing when what it would mean is he was mocking ALL disabled people.

There are family issues going on, but not good news for Trump to see another long term fan leave at this point.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1297727424982134785

And? What are we supposed to glean from that video? Did Biden sponsor the attacker, or what?

Are you trying to infer that this Is representative of all Biden supporters? I don’t get what the video is supposed to tell us.

Or can we just compare it to say, Trump mocking disabled people?

Chill. Its a video relating to the election, its not an attack on anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Trump is an idiot but a lot of people will vote for him given what we've seen lately with the attitude towards the police stemming from certain Democrat politicians and districts. I would not begrudge those people in the slightest - imo its a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Not true. He won the electoral college. HRC got the majority of the votes. And he colluded with other countries for support in his election, and was doing it again when he was impeached.

So, not exactly a free and fair election and the majority of my countrymen did NOT vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Chill. Its a video relating to the election, its not an attack on anyone.

Then why post it or comment on it. What is the purpose of the video if not to attack someone.

It was meant to show that Biden supporters, and thus by extension Biden, are horrible people for stealing a MAGA hat from a child.

What do you think the purpose of posting it was?

Do you think it was to start a commentary on the current legal precedents regarding ownership?
    Maybe it was to start a discussion about the effects of crowds on individual behaviours?
    Or was it an attempt to discuss the suitability of bringing young children into the political arena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Ohh im sorry, i thought this was a public discussion forum where everyone contributes and not a PM directed at somebody specific

Throwing little tantrums, changing goalposts, changing the meaning of words, arguing semantics...

Its all they can do when, deep down, they know their ideology sucks but wont admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm not sure the world is ready for the wisdom of Tiffany trump
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1297303567074615296

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

“We’re gonna build a wall and Mexico is gonna to pay for it. Well, actually Steve Bannon is gonna pay for it. Well, actually you’re gonna pay Steve Bannon and he’s going to keep the money. Also, there won’t be a wall.”

38%: I like this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

He didn't mock the disabled reporter for being disabled (which is of course what you're implying) he mocked him for being incompetent and did so using the same mannerisms he had used to mock others in the past. It's just one of the well trotted out lies from the left that refuses to die.

Throw up a vid. of him mocking somebody else using the same mannerisms and win the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Throwing little tantrums, changing goalposts, changing the meaning of words, arguing semantics...

Its all they can do when, deep down, they know their ideology sucks but wont admit it.

I asked for your answer, not a brigading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Igotadose wrote: »
    Not true. He won the electoral college. HRC got the majority of the votes. And he colluded with other countries for support in his election, and was doing it again when he was impeached.

So, not exactly a free and fair election and the majority of my countrymen did NOT vote for him.

He was voted in under the best democratic system in the world. It is your duty to support that, whether you like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

“We’re gonna build a wall and Mexico is gonna to pay for it. Well, actually Steve Bannon is gonna pay for it. Well, actually you’re gonna pay Steve Bannon and he’s going to keep the money. Also, there won’t be a wall.”

38%: I like this guy.

In fairness, you'll get a token bit of wall, but it will fall into the rio grande

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement