Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

maybe if it is posted enough times then some people might be honest enough to admit what it is that trump is doing?

And if it was the only time he had belittled or mocked another person then you might well have a point.

But it is Trumps natural go to. He mocks them. This time he choose to mock the disability, bit he has mocked people for their looks, their intelligence, they bias, their professionalism, their failures in life, their friends, their family, their religion, their sex, their size.

This one time, just this once, Trump just happened to minic the exact disability but didn't mean it?

Fine if you want to believe that, but how do you deal with all the other examples?

If your child did that to the disabled child in their school, club or whatever I hope you wouldn't simply excuse it as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just looking at the line up of speakers over the next four nights at the RNC, they're an eclectic mix

Tanya Weinreis, small business owner whose coffee shop qualified for a loan under the Paycheck Protection Program
    Nicholas Sandmann, student who sued news outlets after confrontation with Native American activist
    Mark and Patricia McCloskey, St. Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters
    Scott Dane, executive director, Associated Contract Loggers & Truckers of Minnesota
    Ryan Holets, police officer known for adopting opioid-addicted baby
    Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And if it was the only time he had belittled or mocked another person then you might well have a point.

But it is Trumps natural go to. He mocks them. This time he choose to mock the disability, bit he has mocked people for their looks, their intelligence, they bias, their professionalism, their failures in life, their friends, their family, their religion, their sex, their size.

This one time, just this once, Trump just happened to minic the exact disability but didn't mean it?

Fine if you want to believe that, but how do you deal with all the other examples?

If your child did that to the disabled child in their school, club or whatever I hope you wouldn't simply excuse it as you do.

sorry, you think i am excusing trumps behaviour? take another shot there chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,628 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just looking at the line up of speakers over the next four nights at the RNC, they're an eclectic mix

Tanya Weinreis, small business owner whose coffee shop qualified for a loan under the Paycheck Protection Program
    Nicholas Sandmann, student who sued news outlets after confrontation with Native American activist
    Mark and Patricia McCloskey, St. Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters
    Scott Dane, executive director, Associated Contract Loggers & Truckers of Minnesota

What, no Scott Baio? Where's Chachi?!!

No Diamond and Silk? And what about the demon sperm doctor, I thought she was speaking, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Muahahaha wrote: »

Christ that is grim.
    No shock at Dana White he is a big Trump supporter I think I read he donated over a million dollars to a pro trump super PAC before.

In fairness it's not as if Trump got a lot of big names for his inauguration or a big crowd for that matter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Igotadose wrote: »
    What, no Scott Baio? Where's Chachi?!!

No Diamond and Silk? And what about the demon sperm doctor, I thought she was speaking, too!

What about Michael Flynn? Michael Cohen? Steve Bannon? Roger Stone? Paul Manafort? Where are these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think John Barron and David Dennison are due to speak at the convention too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What are the odds one of the speakers will get arrested this week?
    I would imagine fairly high.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What about Michael Flynn? Michael Cohen? Steve Bannon? Roger Stone? Paul Manafort? Where are these guys?
    John bolton? Anthony scaramucci?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

sorry, you think i am excusing trumps behaviour? take another shot there chief.

For you read "one".

I used your quote to give context to my post.

Apologies for not making that clearer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,628 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

What are the odds one of the speakers will get arrested this week?
    I would imagine fairly high.

Give it time. They don't even behave at funerals:

https://dcist.com/story/20/08/22/guest-of-robert-trump-funeral-party-allegedly-punches-employee-at-d-c-restaurant/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

that is cultist talk.

Rubbish. I called you lefties out on being prone to cult membership...so that's a bit of a disastrous attempt to deflect my earlier assessment of you and your cronies ( which was spot on, BTW ) .

Like I said..moving goalposts etc etc.

You cant call conservatism/ libertarianism a cult.

Well actually - you can, because you don't value the meaning of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Biker79 wrote: »
    Rubbish. I called you lefties out on being prone to cult membership...so that's a bit of a disastrous attempt to deflect my earlier assessment of you and your cronies ( which was spot on, BTW ) .

you said you would believe whatever trump said before reading it. that is cult behaviour.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So - To recap.
    • Alleged Blind, unswerving faith in a Political Doctrine you don't support = Cult
    • Alleged Blind, unswerving faith in a Political Doctrine you do support = Definitely NOT a Cult.

Yep - Seems legit.

you said you would believe whatever trump said before reading it. that is cult behaviour.

Its GOP policy analysts, actually. Not Trump.

I support their general approach in a wide variety of areas, so yes , I expect I would support their reasoning here.

Because they consistently prove themselves to be correct.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Its GOP policy analysts, actually. Not Trump.

I support their general approach in a wide variety of areas, so yes , I expect I would support their reasoning here.

Because they consistently prove themselves to be correct.

Care to provide some examples of that?

All available evidence would seem to refute that Statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Okie dokie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING: NY attorney general files lawsuit against Trump Organization, according to court records.

Hummmm.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So - To recap.
    • Alleged Blind, unswerving faith in a Political Doctrine you don't support = Cult
    • Alleged Blind, unswerving faith in a Political Doctrine you do support = Definitely NOT a Cult.

Yep - Seems legit.

Of course it does. Because you have twisted the meaning of words and drawn an inference that isn't there.

I always suspected you have no values...but its absolutely clear you don't value language.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Republican convention have the best and brightest in charge of production so far. Trump already out complaining about media not showing their drivel.

https://twitter.com/cspanJeremy/status/1297919158680772608?s=20

• Advertisement

Of course it does. Because you have twisted the meaning of words and drawn an inference that isn't there.

I always suspected you have no values...but its absolutely clear you don't value language.

What ARE you talking about?

For someone who claims to "value words" you really don't use yours very well.

No one has the first notion what obscure tangential point you are trying to make here.

BREAKING: NY attorney general files lawsuit against Trump Organization, according to court records.

Hummmm.

https://twitter.com/AWeissmann_/status/1297940114782420994

Looks like it's another tax fraud case.

Eric Trump a named party in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No one has the first notion what obscure tangential point you are trying to make here.
    He is true Trump diehard his language is going the same way as his hero. He just needs to mention sharks to complete the cycle.

It appears worshipping the cult of Donald has consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is funny. Your support of Trump would indicate to most reasonable people that you're the one that has no values.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

No he can have values(that are different to mine) and support Trump, that is totally fine. It's the lack of evidence that Trump has any consistent values that confuses me. What exactly does he stand for? Don't say the free market please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

He's in nonsense stepped in so far that to return would be as tedious as go o'er. ðŸ˜

Looks like it's about inflating Property values in order for them to provide sufficient collateral for loans and for tax purposes
    One particular focus is the Seven Springs Estate, a 212-acre (85.8 hectares) property in northern Westchester County, north of New York City.

James’ office said valuations of the property were used to claim an apparent $21.1 million tax deduction in the 2015 tax year, and in submissions to financial institutions as a component of Donald Trump’s net worth.

To be taken with a grain of salt , but a Reddit thread on the subject says that the above property was valued by the Trump organisation at ~$290M when the consensus valuation was just 10% of that!

This is exactly the stuff that Cohen talked about.

Bit more detail on this site.

So - He buys it for $7.5M , then AFTER a massive recession it's suddenly worth $291M but 2 years later in a recovering Market it loses somewhere between 70% and 95% of it's value and the following year it has doubled in value again..

That needs some explaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Trump when asked about this: "It's a very sad situation. He's not my son, i barely know him. Yeah. It's a very sad situation. I wish him the best".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Looks like it's about inflating Property values in order for them to provide sufficient collateral for loans and for tax purposes

To be taken with a grain of salt , but a Reddit thread on the subject says that the above property was valued by the Trump organisation at ~$290M when the consensus valuation was just 10% of that!

This is exactly the stuff that Cohen talked about.

Yep, back in feb 2019.

This is a bit of forensic stuff by Rachel Maddow, who I know irks some and triggers those of the Orange Order (outrage at a well spoken lesbian, well colour me shocked)

• Advertisement

coolbeans wrote: »
    He's in nonsense stepped in so far that to return would be as tedious as go o'er. ðŸ˜

Ah, there he is now. Good man. Anytime there's a dollop of misanthropy to be dished out, the same posters crawl out of the woodwork to oblige.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining the free market for some of other ...eh ...disadvantaged lefties?

I'm sure they'd be grateful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement