Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Biker79 wrote: »
    Ah, there he is now. Good man. Anytime there's a dollop of misanthropy to be dished out, the same posters crawl out of the woodwork to oblige.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining the free market for some of other ...eh ...disadvantaged lefties?

I'm sure they'd be grateful.

Am I a lefty?

Ah, there he is now. Good man. Anytime there's a dollop of misanthropy to be dished out, the same posters crawl out of the woodwork to oblige.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining the free market for some of other ...eh ...disadvantaged lefties?

Do you think the way you're speaking to users is likely to result in a productive discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You must live in terrible fear of these "lefties"? You never stop talking about them.

Do you think the way you're speaking to users is likely to result in a productive discussion?

There's a word for that kind of posting but I just can't think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I actually feel very uncomfortable being in the majority on anything but this is ridiculous, I think you believe that you might be a libertarian but you are not even close.

The Cares act, the biggest relief bill in the history of mankind. When only one congressman, a republican, suggested that they should at least record the voting on such a monumental government interference in the free market, Donald Trump demanded that he be removed from the republican party.

That party is not libertarian by definition, if it is such an offence to even consider opposition to a bill that tripled the national deficit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Was just listening to the commander in chief ..... I certainly understand why you like him so much.

Its just one blur of incoherent sentences ...

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Wait until those who give out about ‘the lefties’ find out Trump is quite lefty himself.

I actually feel very uncomfortable being in the majority on anything but this is ridiculous, I think you believe that you might be a libertarian but you are not even close.

The Cares act, the biggest relief bill in the history of mankind. When only one congressman, a republican, suggested that they should at least record the voting on such a monumental government interference in the free market, Donald Trump demanded that he be removed from the republican party.

That party is not libertarian by definition, if it is such an offence to even consider opposition to a bill that tripled the national deficit.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Mark Twain

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Faugheen wrote: »
    Wait until those who give out about ‘the lefties’ find out Trump is quite lefty himself.
    He would be the greatest lefty there ever was. The best.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1297986682311106562?s=19

Meanwhile, this dumbass clearly didn't learn anything from the Tulsa rally. Or maybe he did and just doesn't care.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1297986682311106562?s=19

Meanwhile, this dumbass clearly didn't learn anything from the Tulsa rally. Or maybe he did and just doesn't care.

The one silver lining in the Covid-19 cloud is that the virus will increase the world's average IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I can't believe the crap I'm reading.

You think only republicans have been out in public maskless and shaking hands??

We've just had the left support hundreds of thousands out protesting on a daily basis for over two months, all in close proximity to one another, and very few of them wearing masks. Aside, that is, from the scum element that were burning and vandalizing all around them but the purpose of those masks was hardly to protect the public, more themselves from being identified.

Laughable then to see sanctimonious nonsense being posted about Mark Meadows as if he's been the only politician out shaking hands maskless. Far from the case. Here's the man himself doing just that and these images were taken from one of his own campaign ads where he instructed the public to "wear a mask". You couldn't make it up.

Biden1.jpg

Biden2.jpg

Or maybe it doesn't count when democrats do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Laughable then to see sanctimonious nonsense being posted about Mark Meadows as if he's been the only politician out shaking hands maskless. Far from the case. Here's the man himself doing just that and these images were taken from one of his own campaign ads where he instructed the public to "wear a mask". You couldn't make it up.

When were those images filmed? He has been been absent from the campaign trail because he's not stupid enough to carry on as normal in the middle of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

We've just had the left support hundreds of thousands out protesting on a daily basis for over two months, all in close proximity to one another, and very few of them wearing masks. Aside, that is, from the scum element that were burning and vandalizing all around them but the purpose of those masks was hardly to protect the public, more themselves from being identified.

when were photos taken, they are meaningless without date. Second one seems to be april or before as far as 10 sec Google can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Michael Cohen said he’s releasing a message on the airwaves soon.

Interesting.

So many huge scandals the last few days already.

The first image I've found online as far back as 2019 so I'm reasonably confident that the second is pre pandemic too. Are you not capable of engaging honestly?

The Biden campaign have also disavowed the support of Richard Spencer as any decent person would. Believe you were likening it to Duke which Trump did not disavow.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-campaign-disavows-richard-spencer-endorsement-2020-8?r=US&IR=T

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Here's the man himself doing just that and these images were taken from one of his own campaign ads where he instructed the public to "wear a mask". You couldn't make it up.
    Post up a link to the campaign ad, let us have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Andy thoughts on President Trumps 2nd term agenda?

I'm glad he is remaining tough on illegal immigration. He seems to be hardening up a little on legal immigration also which I think is obviously a good thing. Everyone entering the US should be supporting themselves not feeding off the tax payer. The agenda seems to have good provisions for any future pandemics and healthcare in general seems to be a particular focus. I'm glad he is continuing on his crusade against drug prices also.

He mentions draining the swamp again. Some critics have been vocal that he has not yet drained the swamp and while I think he has done great work on that end, term two will be much better still. He had to balance re-election with who he could go after but next term he will me much more free to do as he pleases. Expect to see plenty of arrests. Perhaps crooked Hillary will get the justice she deserves.

I have never associated President Trump with tech innovation but I am pleasantly surprised with his plans regarding space exploration. The US have really fallen behind under the Obama admin (possibly due to resources redirecting to Libya). As Trump is a peace president & ending wars, I can see the way being paved to Mars & a moon base. It wont happen in his remaining four years but he is laying the ground work.

God bless & protect president Trump!

Some more of my personal highlights and a link to his full policy below.
    • Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Month
    • Return to pre "China virus" normal in 2021
    • Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics
    • Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
    • Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World
    • Cut Prescription Drug Prices
    • Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services
    • Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
    • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
    • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
    • Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
    • Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
    • Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
    • Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially
    • Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
    • Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans
    • Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-announces-president-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you/

I'm glad he is remaining tough on illegal immigration. He seems to be hardening up a little on legal immigration also which I think is obviously a good thing. Everyone entering the US should be supporting themselves not feeding off the tax payer. The agenda seems to have good provisions for any future pandemics and healthcare in general seems to be a particular focus. I'm glad he is continuing on his crusade against drug prices also.

He mentions draining the swamp again. Some critics have been vocal that he has not yet drained the swamp and while I think he has done great work on that end, term two will be much better still. He had to balance re-election with who he could go after but next term he will me much more free to do as he pleases. Expect to see plenty of arrests. Perhaps crooked Hillary will get the justice she deserves.

I have never associated President Trump with tech innovation but I am pleasantly surprised with his plans regarding space exploration. The US have really fallen behind under the Obama admin (possibly due to resources redirecting to Libya). As Trump is a peace president & ending wars, I can see the way being paved to Mars & a moon base. It wont happen in his remaining four years but he is laying the ground work.

• Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World
    • Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
    • Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-announces-president-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you/

I've a bridge you might be interested in buying if you believe even an eighth of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Eh just on this. The core hardware to return people to the moon that NASA will use, Space Launch System, Lunar Gateway and Orion, were approved and development begun under the Obama administration. Trump is simply trying to repackage it as his own, which is an absolutely typical Trump move let's be fair.

Obama also approved and accelerated the Commercial Crew Program which resulted in SpaceX sending astronauts to the ISS from the US earlier this year. Trump tried to take credit for that too. You should be thanking Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

jaysus they put so much effort into that. a few bullet points , alot of which sound v communist.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

the tactic to drain the swamp seems to be hiring the worst political grifters, and then letting them do what they do until they get arrested. Yes indeed it is working really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I see cocaine is trending on twitter.

Were they all yelling and out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I see cocaine is trending on twitter.

Were they all yelling and out of it?

This is bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Establish a permanent manned presence on the moon?

Why?

osarusan wrote: »
    Establish a permanent manned presence on the moon?

Why?

Watching reruns while writing up the list, thinking yeah that'll excite the tools?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wPH4MEK4tk

• Subscribers Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Reads like a Gemma O Doherty manifesto!

Tax credits for big business and putting men on the moon again..... Just what you need at the time of crisis due to a one in one hundred year global pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Wonder who put that bullet point list together. Trump certainly wasn't involved, seeing as he's been unable to give even one aim for his next 4 years when questioned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Did he build the wall and have Mexico pay for it? If not, how on Earth do you think he's going to send anyone to Mars?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,442 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Did he build the wall and have Mexico pay for it? If not, how on Earth do you think he's going to send anyone to Mars?

He won’t be able to send anyone to space if he starts a war with China

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement