Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Did he build the wall and have Mexico pay for it? If not, how on Earth do you think he's going to send anyone to Mars?

I believe the health plan he promised on the first day of office is still yet to be passed, ruthless efficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 22,442 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

osarusan wrote: »
    Establish a permanent manned presence on the moon?

Why?

Because he didn’t mention climate change or environmental protection, we’re going to need somewhere more hospitable to live even if it’s trapped in a cramped bubble in an underground lava tube on the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Andy thoughts on President Trumps 2nd term agenda?

I'm glad he is remaining tough on illegal immigration. He seems to be hardening up a little on legal immigration also which I think is obviously a good thing. Everyone entering the US should be supporting themselves not feeding off the tax payer. The agenda seems to have good provisions for any future pandemics and healthcare in general seems to be a particular focus. I'm glad he is continuing on his crusade against drug prices also.

He mentions draining the swamp again. Some critics have been vocal that he has not yet drained the swamp and while I think he has done great work on that end, term two will be much better still. He had to balance re-election with who he could go after but next term he will me much more free to do as he pleases. Expect to see plenty of arrests. Perhaps crooked Hillary will get the justice she deserves.

I have never associated President Trump with tech innovation but I am pleasantly surprised with his plans regarding space exploration. The US have really fallen behind under the Obama admin (possibly due to resources redirecting to Libya). As Trump is a peace president & ending wars, I can see the way being paved to Mars & a moon base. It wont happen in his remaining four years but he is laying the ground work.

God bless & protect president Trump!

Some more of my personal highlights and a link to his full policy below.
    • Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Month
    • Return to pre "China virus" normal in 2021
    • Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics
    • Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
    • Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World
    • Cut Prescription Drug Prices
    • Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services
    • Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
    • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
    • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
    • Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
    • Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
    • Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
    • Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially
    • Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
    • Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans
    • Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-announces-president-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you/

There's already been loads of arrests, they just all happen to have been Trumps people, you know the ones, the best people that he promised to hire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Looks fantastic - especially the great work he has been doing on human trafficking and not pandering to the military industrial complex/ overseas conflict.

I agree with him about Tech. Culturally, its hasn't offered much value with social media proving to be more destructive than otherwise. Although his plans for space exploration should take tech in a new direction. Thats all good.

Certainly agree about cracking down on militant leftists and their nihilist associates. Hopefully cities like San Fran/ LA/ Portland etc, can restore to some semblance of normality.

Everything on that list is great. The question is...what roadblocks will the mindless bureaucracy of the Deep State throw in his way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There's already been loads of arrests, they just all happen to have been Trumps people, you know the ones, the best people that he promised to hire!

I may be wrong but as far as I can tell, the only qualified person he hired who hasn't been charged or imprisoned is Stormy Daniels.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Biker79 wrote: »
    Certainly agree about cracking down on militant leftists and their nihilist associates.

Who are these? I assume you have names.

Also, the last thing SF, LA or Portland need is interference from Republican nutjobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Andy thoughts on President Trumps 2nd term agenda?

[*]Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Month
    Are these new jobs or just replacing the ones lost in 2020?
    [*]Return to pre "China virus" normal in 2021
    That would need more than 10 million jobs. And at what point in 2021? Q1, or Q4? I thought it was going to be a V rebound, so why is it going to take so long. Is this an acceptance that the virus, and thus recession, is going to last well into next year? This is completely against what Trump has claimed to date.
    [*]Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics
    So he has finally accepted how poorly planned and prepared he was for this one, despite it being well forecast (not the exat but in overall terms). So at least Trump is showing some signs of learning, but wanting to vote back in a person that is accepting they completely failed this time is a new direction.
    [*]Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
    More tax credits? He already gave them the biggest tax cut in history, but now they need even more?
    [*]Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World
    How? Is he going to work with his allies, through trade, war? What sort of accountantability he is looking for? Will a simply apology be enough?
    [*]Cut Prescription Drug Prices
    He has already made great play of this already and there is no reason why he didn't already have this completed. He needs to explain why this hasn't already been completed
    [*]Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services
    I thought he had already done this? But why stop at veterans? Why not 1st responders, teachers, public servants, parents, children. So healthcare for all really? Sounds like a great idea.
    [*]Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
    What does this actually mean? Does every child get to simply pick whatever school they want? So the end of private schools and school fees?
    [*]Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
    Good to bring all extremist groups to justice. KKK, Qanon, Neo Nazis. Militias.
    I wonder will groups be left alone if they have any good people involved.
    [*]End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
    This is completely against the presumption of innocence. What constitutes 'dangerous'.
    [*]Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
    And expect them to do what? Illegal immigrants will be forced to turn to crime and the black market. It won't stop them coming, as the places they are leaving behind are far worse than even that.
    [*]Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
    In all cases? For all gangs? So a local school gang. What about citizens
    [*]Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
    US needs to work with other countries to achieve this. Very worthwhile but Trump has shown little ability to work with other leaders. It would require funds from the US to set up proper systems and processes in Mexico for example. How much is Trump going to give the Mexican government to help?
    [*]Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially
    [*]Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
    [*]Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans
    Trump has shown no indication that he has the ability to partner with anyone. It is likely that countries would require the US to resign the Paris Accord before believing Trump is on board. What sort of clean up are we talking about? Reduction in plastic, increased fines and regulations for polluters. I thought he wanted to get rid of regulations, but now he wants to drive regulations across the world? Will US, as the richest economy in the world be offering funds to other nations in this fight?
    [*]Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
    I thought he had already done this. Seems like a rehash of 2016 and what are the implications to the military? Are we going to see reductions in personal, budgets?

Looks fantastic - especially the great work he has been doing on human trafficking and not pandering to the military industrial complex/ overseas conflict.

I agree with him about Tech. Culturally, its hasn't offered much value with social media proving to be more destructive than otherwise. Although his plans for space exploration should take tech in a new direction. Thats all good.

Certainly agree about cracking down on militant leftists and their nihilist associates. Hopefully cities like San Fran/ LA/ Portland etc, can restore to some semblance of normality.

Everything on that list is great. The question is...what roadblocks will the mindless bureaucracy of the Deep State throw in his way?

Surely after 4 years he has worked out a plan of how to deal with this all powerful deep state? Seems that he hasn't addressed that at all so why would you think he has any ability to achieve any of that since he has been completely held back by the same deep state the last four years?

Seems a very odd final line to put in for someone you want to reelect, that you would acknowldge their complete ability to get anything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's rather disturbing that his supporters don't see the damage this chap is doing, how he actually doesn't care for anyone bar himself, it's disturbing to see how easy such a destructive person can be elevated to a position of power! Biden is dreadful, but he's a hell of a lot better than this chap

• Subscribers Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Looking at that list again you'd have to ask, what have you been doing for the last four years???

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Surely after 4 years he has worked out a plan of how to deal with this all powerful deep state? Seems that he hasn't addressed that at all so why would you think he has any ability to achieve any of that since he has been completely held back by the same deep state the last four years?

Seems a very odd final line to put in for someone you want to reelect, that you would acknowldge their complete ability to get anything done.

These people will thwart his attempts at doing good work, at every possible opportunity. For no other reason than spite ( and TDS of course ).

He has learned to deal with them but they are quite formidable ( and in principle, treasonous )

Biker79 wrote:
    These people will thwart his attempts at doing good work, at every possible opportunity. For no other reason than spite ( and TDS of course ).

Good work! I'd say the chap has never done a days work in his life

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

He has learned to deal with them but they are quite formidable ( and in principle, treasonous )

Are 'these people' the criminals he keeps hiring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It's rather disturbing that his supporters don't see the damage this chap is doing, how he actually doesn't care for anyone bar himself, it's disturbing to see how easy such a destructive person can be elevated to a position of power! Biden is dreadful, but he's a hell of a lot better than this chap

They are two very weak candidates. One being worse doesn't excuse the other.

I don't think this election is as clear cut as some would presume though not by a long shot. Trump didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell last time out either and still managed to get elected. One Biden gaff and if could change a lot of undecideds' over to Trump. Remember Trump makes gaffs all the time so him making one won't have the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

Kimberly Guilfoyle's rant was particularly unhinged. Very little speeches in the way of mending the faultlines in the US. All doom and gloom, with a dose of reds under the beds thrown in for good measure.
    Seems like they are going all-out culture war.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Good work! I'd say the chap has never done a days work in his life

He is a seasoned businessman, who became president of the US.

That is about as clear evidence of competence, work ethic and drive as you'll get.

But its his ability to withstand the blast furnace of irrational hatred that I find particularly impressive. It suggests a rare strength of character.

Not so common these days.

I don't think this election is as clear cut as some would presume though not by a long shot. Trump din't stand a snowballs chance in hell last time out either and still managed to get elected. One Biden gaff and if could change a lot of undecideds' over to Trump. Remember Trump makes gaffs all the time so him making one won't have the same effect.

Completely agree actually, I think Biden will get it, but just about, I can't see him walking away with it, trumps support is very strong, and they will come out in force, and then there's the gaffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You mean Obama's plans. Trump is just rebranding and trying to claim programs started under Obama (after George W. Bush decimated discs exploration such as cancelling the shuttle without any realistic replacement program) as his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭randd1

That is about as clear evidence of competence, work ethic and drive as you'll get.

But its his ability to withstand the blast furnace of irrational hatred that I find particularly impressive. It suggests a rare strength of character.

That sounds more Ceausescu level of delusion to the reality.

Biker79 wrote:

The truth is, he's actually not, it's clearly obvious, he's actually a conman, always has been, he's just a bigger one now, and he has fooled millions globally, including some irish, it's also clearly obvious, he's in it for himself, all the hiring and firing is about protecting himself from investigations, particularly after his presidency, it has nothing to do about the American people at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The talking points are being distributed early today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This is bananas.

This was prerecorded as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I take it you've never seen his Twitter account...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

strength of character? he whines like a child at the slightest criticism.

Who are these people, why has he not dealt with them already? It was a pledge in 2016, not only that he would do it but that in fact he was the only one who could do it.

Yet apparently they have proved to be far stronger and better than Trump imagined and, in effect, he is accepting that he has failed to deal with the at this stage.

So he wants another four years to try to do the thing he promised he would do the last time. But based on what? What new approach? What does he know now that he didn't then? Why not do it today? SUrely if the deep state is so terrible and bad, waiting until a possible reelection is akin to knowing the country is in trouble but sitting on his hands.

What has he achieved that shows he has learnt how to deal with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Read that again and ask yourself if it doesn't sound like something that a reasonable and informed person would say. This is the same shíte spouted by lackeys of every cult of personality from South America to 70's Europe to North Korea.

You're only convincing yourself at this stage.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They are two very weak candidates. One being worse doesn't excuse the other.

I don't think this election is as clear cut as some would presume though not by a long shot. Trump didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell last time out either and still managed to get elected. One Biden gaff and if could change a lot of undecideds' over to Trump. Remember Trump makes gaffs all the time so him making one won't have the same effect.

You could be right - However the problem for Trump is that there are almost no undecided voters left.

In 2016 there was a huge swathe of undecided voters that ultimately broke for Trump.

They don't exist this time around - Both candidates are a known quantity and virtually everyone has formed an opinion already. There really aren't very many people left who haven't decided if they love or hate Trump yet.

Even if every currently "undecided" voter went with Trump , he'd still lose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He's a con man, a liar, a narcissist, a bigot and a colossal f*ckup whose inherited wealth protects him from the consequences of running business after business into the ground.

I'm not sure why so many people have signed up to a cult based on someone so moronic and incapable of even the most basic of tasks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Work ethic?? We've all seen his daily schedule, can't recall any other president having executive time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I'm equal parts amused and be used at his much everyone is feeding "the latest incarnation".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement