Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

What did Trump and his acolytes think would happen when he made triggering people his shtick? What did they expect? I don't get this.

What they expected and have always expected is that they will be allowed to do whatever they want without any negative implications.

He's the President after all and he has an article 2 don't you know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

What did Trump and his acolytes think would happen when he made triggering people his shtick? What did they expect? I don't get this.

He gave voice to latent conservative views and was a push back against liberal views. People who didn't agree with many politically correct views finally had a strongman who would espouse their opinions. Today, he's doubling down on those views and pushing polarisation. It's all he can do as he's losing the middle ground (such as it is). His best hope is to cement the loyalty of his base with even more extreme tweets and comments while painting Biden & Co as dangerous lefties. Throw in denigration of postal voting, making it difficult for Democrat-leaning voters to actually vote and promote the possibility of voter fraud. Aspersions, division and populism. It's all he has.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    What they expected and have always expected is that they will be allowed to do whatever they want without any negative implications.

He's the President after all and he has an article 2 don't you know!!!

Silly me.

What's an Article 2?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Silly me.

What's an Article 2?

Article 2 of the constitution. it describes the job of the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Has anyone told Donny about this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I googled it but I didn't have time to read the Wiki properly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Silly me.

What's an Article 2?
    jamule wrote: »
    Has anyone told Donny about this?

Article Two does indeed layout the role and powers vested in the Presidency..

Trump however took a slightly different view.

"I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." – President Donald Trump, July 23, 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He's a con man, a liar, a narcissist, a bigot

Funny, cause that's exactly how I'd describe Joe Biden, given that he has a proven history of trying to con people into seeing him as something he is not and never was. He's just using the same tactics now that he used when he ran for president the first time, saying what he knows people want to hear. That's all he has and all he'll ever have. The chap's been in politics for over 40 years and shown time and again that he is all talk.

Couple of examples of how easily this man will lie:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Funny, cause that's exactly how I'd describe Joe Biden, given that he has a proven history of trying to con people into seeing him as something he is not and never was. He's just using the same tactics now that he used when he ran for president the first time, saying what he knows people want to hear. That's all he has and all he'll ever have. The chap's been in politics for over 40 years and shown time and again that he is all talk.

I really missed your whataboutisms while you're gone Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So in 40 years of politics, Biden has jumped positions and lied a few times.

In 4 years, Trump constantly changes position and has documented 20k+ lies.

You aren't trying to equate them are you?

• Advertisement

He is fooked then, the guy he is up against is so honest and never lies and definetely never hires actual con men.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Speaking of lies, have you got the dates of those images you posted claiming Biden was out and about shaking hands with people without a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I for one welcome the return of Outlaw Petezagate icon14.png

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I for one welcome the return of Outlaw Petezagate icon14.png

LOL you think they went away?

Pete not addressing the fact he posted images of Joe Biden and claimed they happened after the pandemic. Which was a lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Pete not addressing the fact he posted images of Joe Biden and claimed they happened after the pandemic. Which was a lie...

He could easily put his hands up and admit that he was duped by magaWWG1WGA69StormJesus again and just move on.

Is that deceptive post still there? Or did it get updated with an admission that at least one picture existed pre-lockdown? Any attempt at correcting the error?

That's the difference between an honest mistake and lying. Everyone makes mistakes and endeavour to correct them. A liar on the other hand wants the misinformation to remain. That's why actual news publications issue retractions and corrections while misinformation makes no such attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And then following up with a whataboutism, that's worth about two fingers in the drinking game or do we skull?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And never will, They just ignore any questions knowing eventually people will forget as the thread moves on.

And never will, They just ignore any questions knowing eventually people will forget as the thread moves on.

It's directly from the playbook
    Steve Bannon, the former head of Breitbart News and chief strategist for Donald Trump. “The Democrats don’t matter,” Bannon reportedly said in 2018. “The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with sh!t.”

This idea isn’t new, but Bannon articulated it about as well as anyone can. The press ideally should sift fact from fiction and give the public the information it needs to make enlightened political choices. If you short-circuit that process by saturating the ecosystem with misinformation and overwhelm the media’s ability to mediate, then you can disrupt the democratic process.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah. Wait in the shadows until someone says something about Trump to which they can reply with their pre-prepared collection of cherrypicked rebuttal points (like if you call Trump a racist and they post clips of Trump praising random black people). Then disappear again when challenged on something they don't have pre-prepared rebuttals for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Pete is only interested in the TRUTH iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden interview on ABC. He answered questions and even follow up questions. He didn't drool all over the place or break down into a senile rant. Just a politician answering political questions in a coherent and logical manner. No rants about mosquitoes or sharks. Kind of refreshing to be honest and very disappointing for the Trumpers:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Just a politician answering political questions in a coherent and logical manner. No rants about mosquitoes or sharks.

lol - logical?? :p

It was a softball interview where most of the questions were posed to help him and even then the guy was talking nonsense throughout. Most notably when at 11m50s he said:
    "I'm also someone who has..."

..and then nervously coughed and said something else. My guess is that he was about to lie again about his role in the civil rights movement and wisely changed his mind:

It was a softball interview where most of the questions were posed to help him and even then the guy was talking nonsense throughout. Most notably when at 11m50s he said:

..and then nervously coughed and said something else. My guess is that he was about to lie again about his role in the civil rights movement and wisely changed his mind:

Well as a Trumpist you'd know all about softball interviews. :D I know it's weird for you to watch a politician answering questions and not ranting and raving about sharks and fake news and conspiracy theories and about person, woman, man, camera, tv. I get that. It'll take time to get used to it again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It was a softball interview where most of the questions were posed to help him and even then the guy was talking nonsense throughout.
    Softball interview, you say?
    EbZ53wQWkAExka2?format=png&name=small

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden interview on ABC. He answered questions and even follow up questions. He didn't drool all over the place or break down into a senile rant. Just a politician answering political questions in a coherent and logical manner. No rants about mosquitoes or sharks. Kind of refreshing to be honest and very disappointing for the Trumpers:

CNN -

Orange Disorderists devastated as Biden makes it through an interview. However in a glimmer of hope trump delusionist Pete the outlaw points out he almost lied or stuttered after 10mins, so he defintely going senile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Wait, hold on. So what you are saying is that mid-way through an interview, in fact, midway through an answer, Biden was thinking ahead of what he was about to say, thought it might not be the right thing to say, so changed his mind and continued on with a different answer.

How the hell did a dementia suffering liar manage to do that?

And you have created an entirely made up idea of what you think Biden was about to say. You have no idea what he was going to say, but you made it up.

Most notably when at 11m50s he said:

So because Biden didn't breakdown into a drooling mess like the Dear Leader told you he would, you're now at the point where a cough and a made up scenario in your head of what Biden "might" have said is the only thing you can takeaway from that interview! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You might not have prior experience of that poster, but he never acknowledges anything. He generally just dumps a load of nonsense into these threads and hits the minty highway for a while - then, rinse and repeat. It's been happening for months. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement