Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

lol - logical?? :p

It was a softball interview where most of the questions were posed to help him and even then the guy was talking nonsense throughout. Most notably when at 11m50s he said:

..and then nervously coughed and said something else. My guess is that he was about to lie again about his role in the civil rights movement and wisely changed his mind:

Hey Pete, whats your thoughts on this "softball" question and the reply?

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/26/trump-second-term-response-fox-town-hall-vpx.cnn

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I see we’re at the stage where Biden is facing claims of what he was going to say, but didn’t actually say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden interview on ABC. He answered questions and even follow up questions. He didn't drool all over the place or break down into a senile rant. Just a politician answering political questions in a coherent and logical manner. No rants about mosquitoes or sharks. Kind of refreshing to be honest and very disappointing for the Trumpers:

On the contrary, its hilarious that "Bidener's" get a kick out of him talking coherently for more than two minutes. It says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

On the contrary, its hilarious that "Bidener's" get a kick out of him talking coherently for more than two minutes. It says it all really.

Well some would claim Biden can't manage 5 seconds of coherence when compared to their lord and saviour DonDon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yes, Trump has lowered expectations so much, it's backfired spectacularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Speaking as a recent immigrant, I had to prove financial independence in my permanent resident application, so what is Trump proposing here that doesn't already exist?

For example:
    https://dvlottery.me/blog/1600-financial_independence_green_card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

It does 'cos Trump can't. I like seals they are way better than sharks

It does 'cos Trump can't. I like seals they are way better than sharks

OK look, this is getting embarrassing at this stage. People in general don't care about his shark speech. Only people who clutch at straws to attack him care.

No one is "getting a kick" out of anything.

He is behaving exactly as was expected of him, well was expected by everyone other than the Trump zealots who continuously claimed Biden has dementia.

It is hilarious to see them now though, Biden is talking like a seasoned politician, being presidential and basically showing the electorate exactly how a president should be.

OK look, this is getting embarrassing at this stage. People in general don't care about his shark speech. Only people who clutch at straws to attack him care.

You're right, the overall failure to do anything as President and only managing to be divisive plus the two hundred thousand plus deaths are more likely to weigh on voter's minds.

Out of interest, do you think Trump will flip states he didn't win previously? His path to victory is pretty difficult when Biden is looking incredibly likely to flip states and also pick up the same states as 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Why should we dismiss it when it confirms one of Stormy Daniel's accounts of her daliances with trump?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Why should we dismiss it when it confirms one of Stormy Daniel's accounts of her daliances with trump?

It doesn't confirm anything. He spoke like a human being. He didnt forget what state he was in or what position he is running for*. Again, this is blatant straw clutching.

* Disclaimer: I do NOT think Biden has dementia.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You're missing the point entirely.

Trump made Bidens ability to speak coherently a central plank of his campaign.

He and his surrogates have been telling anyone that would listen (and many that didn't want to) that Biden couldn't talk , didn't know where he was , wouldn't make it to the Election etc. etc. etc.

Biden drove a coach and four through that whole attack angle last week at the Democratic convention.

It is absolutely no coincidence that neither Trump nor any of his immediate surrogates have used the "he has Dementia" angle since Bidens speech.

Since then they have rapidly pivoted to the "Biden is controlled by the leftists and is going to take your Guns/Houses/Money/God" angle.

What will they pivot to next when that attack angle doesn't work?

It's not like they have any policies or plans to sell to the Electorate themselves.

I guess they could pull from their official Party platform and talk about the things that are wrong with America today.
    • Our economy has become unnecessarily weak with stagnant wages. People living paycheck to paycheck are struggling, sacrificing, and suffering.
    • Americans have earned and deserve a strong and healthy economy.
    • Our standing in world affairs has declined significantly — our enemies no longer fear us and our friends no long trust us.
    • People want and expect an America that is the most powerful and respected country on the face of the earth.
    • The President defies the laws of the United States by refusing to enforce those with which he does not agree. And he appoints judges who legislate from the bench rather than apply the law.

Yes folks - This is directly from the current GOP Party Platform - It's there because they couldn't be arsed to write a new one for 2020 and just rolled over the 2016 version.

That's how much they care about Governing - "Sure any old muck will do , as long as we're in charge eh "

Apparently , they don't have a new one , because the Corona virus made it too difficult to get the work done.

The same Corona Virus that's simply going away and isn't really a problem so Schools and Businesses should open up and just get on with it.

That Virus stopped them doing the thing that a political party is supposed to do.

The "Do-Nothing" Democrats though were somehow able to create a 91 page Party platform amid all this chaos and confusion.

Weird that - Almost seems like one group are interested in Governing , the other just want to be in Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You're missing the point entirely.

Trump made Bidens ability to speak coherently a central plank of his campaign.

He and his surrogates have been telling anyone that would listen (and many that didn't want to) that Biden couldn't talk , didn't know where he was , wouldn't make it to the Election etc. etc. etc.

Biden drove a coach and four through that whole attack angle last week at the Democratic convention.

It is absolutely no coincidence that neither Trump nor any of his immediate surrogates have used the "he has Dementia" angle since Bidens speech.

Since then they have rapidly pivoted to the "Biden is controlled by the leftists and is going to take your Guns/Houses/Money/God" angle.

What will they pivot to next when that attack angle doesn't work?

It's not like they have any policies or plans to sell to the Electorate themselves.

I guess they could pull from their official Party platform and talk about the things that are wrong with America today.
    • Our economy has become unnecessarily weak with stagnant wages. People living paycheck to paycheck are struggling, sacrificing, and suffering.
    • Americans have earned and deserve a strong and healthy economy.
    • Our standing in world affairs has declined significantly — our enemies no longer fear us and our friends no long trust us.
    • People want and expect an America that is the most powerful and respected country on the face of the earth.
    • The President defies the laws of the United States by refusing to enforce those with which he does not agree. And he appoints judges who legislate from the bench rather than apply the law.

Yes folks - This is directly from the current GOP Party Platform - It's there because they couldn't be arsed to write a new one for 2020 and just rolled over the 2016 version.

That's how much they care about Governing - "Sure any old muck will do , as long as we're in charge eh "

Apparently , they don't have a new one , because the Corona virus made it too difficult to get the work done.

The same Corona Virus that's simply going away and isn't really a problem so Schools and Businesses should open up and just get on with it.

That Virus stopped them doing the thing that a political party is supposed to do.

The "Do-Nothing" Democrats though were somehow able to create a 91 page Party platform amid all this chaos and confusion.

Weird that - Almost seems like one group are interested in Governing , the other just want to be in Power.

but but but look at the bullet points

• Registered Users Posts: 83,636 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Biden: Sweet things. Protect me at all costs.

Surely you can come up with something better than that? Or was it just the best stupid meme that came up on stupid twitter today?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

jamule wrote: »
    but but but look at the bullet points

I know - It's amazing how Prescient the GOP were in knowing how the country would look after 4 years of Trump.

They pretty much nailed it , right?

Would love to know the strange parts of the internet that you browse to find stuff like that.... :rolleyes:

Would love to know the strange parts of the internet that you browse to find stuff like that.... :rolleyes:

You really really don't...

[IMG][/img]

I see you have nothing of substance to contribute, and anyone can play that:

161012102650-ivanka-sits-on-trump-full-169.jpg

Do better. Shame on you.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    I see you have nothing of substance to contribute, and anyone can play that:

161012102650-ivanka-sits-on-trump-full-169.jpg

Do better. Shame on you.

can outlaw pete (the resident mind reader) tell us what Donnie was thinking...

can outlaw pete (the resident mind reader) tell us what Donnie was thinking...

No he'll be off too busy virtue signaling to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It doesn't confirm anything. He spoke like a human being. He didnt forget what state he was in or what position he is running for*. Again, this is blatant straw clutching.

* Disclaimer: I do NOT think Biden has dementia.

Ranting about sharks while bragging about war crimes is just speaking like a human apparently. Trumpers absolutely twist themselves into knots trying to explain away Trump's utter nonsense.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ranting about sharks while bragging about war crimes is just speaking like a human apparently. Trumpers absolutely twist themselves into knots trying to explain away Trump's utter nonsense.

Telling it like it is, suck it up leftitist commie

Quin_Dub wrote: »

President Trump is still calling him sleepy Joe on Twitter. Posters on Boards are not using the dementia angle because of mod warnings. It has nothing to do with Joe's (probably) pre-recorded speech.

President Trump is still calling him sleepy Joe on Twitter.

He's actually not.

The last time Trump called him Sleepy Joe Biden was hours before Joe Biden gave his excellent live speech. It's been over 5 days since he tried to denigrate Biden in those terms and not since being blown away by Joe's performance.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296589900804915202?s=20

President Trump is still calling him sleepy Joe on Twitter. Posters on Boards are not using the dementia angle because of mod warnings. It has nothing to do with Joe's (probably) pre-recorded speech.

ah we are back to that nugget of delusion.

fook me do you ever stop spinning in circles defending the con man. I know you admitted the other day you don't give a **** that he is a conman and hires criminals so I presume you don't care that he has nothing to offer but abuse.

Oh man it must absolutely stick in your craw and make you gag something terrible that Biden absolutely blew the idiotic "he has dementia" angle clean out of the water.

This shìt is the best you can come up with now? Seriously? No evidence for this but hey if you throw out enough mud you might get a tiny bit to stick right? :rolleyes:

So sad.

ah we are back to that nugget of delusion.

fook me do you ever stop spinning in circles defending the con man. I know you admitted the other day you don't give a **** that he is a conman and hires criminals so I presume you don't care that he has nothing to offer but abuse.

I think thats why they like him to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Oh yes, that cr@p that rush saying that Biden's speech was pre-recorded has been proven as false. Time to take another talking point

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/aug/24/rush-limbaugh/joe-biden-gave-his-convention-speech-live-rush-lim/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement