Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,636 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

duploelabs wrote: »
    Oh yes, that cr@p that rush saying that Biden's speech was pre-recorded has been proven as false. Time to take another talking point

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/aug/24/rush-limbaugh/joe-biden-gave-his-convention-speech-live-rush-lim/

Exemplifying why Rush Limbaugh has zero credibility.

President Trump is still calling him sleepy Joe on Twitter. Posters on Boards are not using the dementia angle because of mod warnings. It has nothing to do with Joe's (probably) pre-recorded speech.

Weird, you denied pushing the senile narrative but now you've made more than one insinuation about it. Eg your coherent sentence remark. The reality is, you're really struggling to find any element to criticise Biden over. Meanwhile you're claiming Trump's statement about sharks is charming........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »
    Exemplifying why Rush Limbaugh has zero credibility.

Trumpists have repeated the lie that the speech was prerecorded, including on this thread even in the last few minutes. He has zero credibility but the Trumpists slavishly repeat the lies and talking points unendingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jamule wrote: »
    can outlaw pete (the resident mind reader) tell us what Donnie was thinking...

probably something on the lines of "i really hope i dont have to stand up soon"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

President Trump is still calling him sleepy Joe on Twitter. Posters on Boards are not using the dementia angle because of mod warnings. It has nothing to do with Joe's (probably) pre-recorded speech.

You were literally calling him Bunker Joe last week, when it was Trump who hid in the bunker.

• Advertisement

I can't believe the crap I'm reading.

You think only republicans have been out in public maskless and shaking hands??

We've just had the left support hundreds of thousands out protesting on a daily basis for over two months, all in close proximity to one another, and very few of them wearing masks. Aside, that is, from the scum element that were burning and vandalizing all around them but the purpose of those masks was hardly to protect the public, more themselves from being identified.

Laughable then to see sanctimonious nonsense being posted about Mark Meadows as if he's been the only politician out shaking hands maskless. Far from the case. Here's the man himself doing just that and these images were taken from one of his own campaign ads where he instructed the public to "wear a mask". You couldn't make it up.

Or maybe it doesn't count when democrats do it.

How utterly pathetic would someone have to be to support the platform simultaneously that a) 'Joe Biden is hiding in his bunker' and b) 'he's not hiding in his bunker enough just look at him here not in his bunker omg' while c) using pre-covid photos as your evidence?

Finally,
    hundreds of thousands out protesting on a daily basis for over two months, all in close proximity to one another, and very few of them wearing masks.

Another porker, typical from you Pete, most of the protesters have been masked. *even before covid* there were complaints about protesters wearing hoodies and MASKS :rolleyes:

Can you argue anything without lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sonics2k wrote: »
    You were literally calling him Bunker Joe last week, when it was Trump who hid in the bunker.

Its the cult mentality, repeat what dear leader says even when you know its a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Its the cult mentality, repeat what dear leader says even when you know its a lie.
    Anything else is disloyalty, and if there is one thing Trump and his sycophants absolutely will not stand for it is that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do you not think that your constant peddling of myths and falsehoods undermines discourse?

Hypothetically, if the Biden family were up to no good in Ukraine the people who would jump on that have spent so long undermining their own credibility in the eyes of the public, undermining the concept of objective truth and poisoning the well that it would inherently be unbelievable unless overwhelming evidence were to be produced.

Again, just a hypothetical scenario to demonstrate a point.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Polls in Minnesota not looking great for Biden over the last month. State has been trending towards red over last few cycles but Democrats still held on. Biden seemed to been doing well there up to a month ago. Now looking like a toss-up.

Pointless pumping money into a place like Arizona trying to flip it if they lose Minnesota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

There's no way around it, the election is going to be close.

A key issue in the US is low voter turn out. Approximately half the eligible voters actually voted in 2016.

https://guides.libraries.psu.edu/post-election-2016/voter-turnout

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Irishman80 wrote: »
    Polls in Minnesota not looking great for Biden over the last month. State has been trending towards red over last few cycles but Democrats still held on. Biden seemed to been doing well there up to a month ago. Now looking like a toss-up.

No, not really..

OYkS3IO.jpg

There was a recent poll from Trafalgar who tend to favour the GOP pretty heavily showing it a tie , but the rest of the polling is fairly solid.
    Irishman80 wrote: »
    Pointless pumping money into a place like Arizona trying to flip it if they lose Minnesota.

You could take that statement and say that it's pointless Trump pumping money in to Minnesota trying to flip it if they lose Pennsylvania ,Wisconsin ,Michigan,Ohio and Florida.

He won those States in 2016 and he'd badly underwater in all of them right now.

There's no way around it, the election is going to be close.

A key issue in the US is low voter turn out. Approximately half the eligible voters actually voted in 2016.

https://guides.libraries.psu.edu/post-election-2016/voter-turnout

Very close.

Trump's path flows through Florida, Ohio, one of PA WI MI, and a possible attempt at flipping Minnesota. Defence in Arizona/North Carolina.

Biden's path flows through Florida, two of PA WI MI, and a possible attempt to flip Arizona or North Carolina. Defence in Minnesota.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

No, not really..

OYkS3IO.jpg

There was a recent poll from Trafalgar who tend to favour the GOP pretty heavily showing it a tie , but the rest of the polling is fairly solid.

You could take that statement and say that it's pointless Trump pumping money in to Minnesota trying to flip it if they lose Pennsylvania ,Wisconsin ,Michigan,Ohio and Florida.

He won those States in 2016 and he'd badly underwater in all of them right now.

Last 2 August polls have it 47-47 and 51-49(Biden). That's a strong trend towards Trump.

On the States Ttump won in 2016, he doesn't need to win all of them. Florida, Ohio and only one of WI, MI, PA will likely do him.

Trump has repeatedly denied reports that he offered senior aides pardons to stop undocumented immigrants from coming into the United States or to expedite construction of a border wall.

But a former top official at the Department of Homeland Security — who has become a Trump critic trying to derail his reelection — says Trump did offer pardons to immigration officials in a new advertisement designed to offer counter-messaging to the Republican National Convention.

“It was April of 2019. We were down at the border, and the president said to the senior leadership of the Homeland Security Department behind the scenes we should not let anyone else into the United States,” Miles Taylor, the former chief of staff at DHS, said. “Even though he'd been told on repeated occasions that the way he wanted to do it was illegal, his response was to say, do it. If you get in trouble, I'll pardon you."

Taylor said the president told the staff, “the bins are full."

“The president offered to pardon U.S. government officials for breaking the law to implement his immigration policy,” Taylor said in the new ad.

Taylor is among a chorus of loosely affiliated Republican critics who are trying to stop the president’s reelection. The president has said he does not know Taylor, who was in a number of Oval Office meetings, according to other officials. Other administration officials said the president’s offer caused a ruckus at the time even as the president denied the story, first reported by the New York Times.

“Another Fake Story on @NBCNews that I offered Pardons to Homeland Securiy personnel in case they broke the law regarding illegal immigration and sanctuary cities. Of course this is not true. Mainstream Media is corrupt and getting worse, if that is possible, every day!” Trump wrote at the time.

Taylor is seeking to recruit other former Trump administration officials to come forward and tell damaging stories about the president and campaign against him. One of Taylor’s goals is to win over swing voters by telling in-the-room stories about the president, hoping that will be more effective than aggressive invective.

He has launched a site called Repair45.org and says he has current administration officials helping him, though he declined to name them. A number of former Trump administration officials hold dim views of the president, but most of them have not come forward publicly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/08/25/republican-national-convention-live-updates/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I wonder what Trump will say about the Irish actor's Brendan Glesson's portrayal of him in the upcoming HBO thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

OR

It is True but they are utterly incapable of doing anything about it due to their chronic ineffectiveness and incompetence.

Neither is a good reflection on the GOP now is it?

I'm going with option B.

The Deep State ( an umbrella term used to describe crooked senior pubic servants and their army of useless box tickers, who are all utterly dependant on the state for survival ) are so pervasive, that the only way to effectively deal with them is to fire them all.

Erdogan in Turkey had an opportunity to clean up shop a few years ago, after a failed coup led by Marxists. Well, perhaps he engineered the coup but it doesn't really matter. He used it to clean out the universities and civil services of deadweight chaff. I'll bet Trump looked on in with considerable envy at Erdogans good fortune.

He has an uphill battle to wind down Big Government and promote free and private enterprise. To create a more agile and accountable federal and state system To get rid of university programs that teach students to do little more than be professors of useless university programs. Outrageous student debt may end up correcting that problem though. And to re-establish values that prioritise identity as individual, rather than group first.

Its likely beyond any administration, except that the democrats obviously wouldn't be interested, seeing as they engineered the Deep State in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump takes a good swipe at it in his next term. Couldnt say what the odds would be, mind you. If he doesn't get in, the US will quite likely continue on its trajectory of becoming a giant blob of communist grey goo.

A bit like the Borg in Star Trek. Something that would appeal to a lot of folks around here I'd say ;)

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wonder what Trump will say about the Irish actor's Brendan Glesson's portrayal of him in the upcoming HBO thing

When TDS attacks, it does not discriminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Biker79 wrote: »
    I'm going with option B.

The Deep State ( an umbrella term used to describe crooked senior pubic servants and their army of useless box tickers, who are all utterly dependant on the state for survival ) are so pervasive, that the only way top effectively deal with them is to fire them all.

Erdogan in Turkey had an opportunity to clean up shop a few years ago, after a failed coup led by Marxists. Well, perhaps he engineered the coup but it doesn't really matter. He used it to clean out the universities and civil services of deadweight chaff. I'll bet Trump looked on in with considerable envy at Erdogans good fortune.

He has an uphill battle to wind down Big Government and promote free and private enterprise. To create a more agile and accountable federal and state system To get rid of university programs that teach students to do little more than be professors of useless university programs. Outrageous student debt may end up correcting that problem though. And to re-establish values that prioritise identity as individual, rather than group first.

Its likely beyond any administration, except that the democrats obviously wouldn't be interested, seeing as they engineered the Deep State in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump takes a good swipe at it in his next term. Couldnt say what the odds would be, mind you. If he doesn't get in, the US will quite likely continue on its trajectory of becoming a giant blob of communist grey goo.

A bit like the Borg in Star Trek. Something that would appeal to a lot of folks around here I'd say ;)

did you find out the dates for the pictures you posted of biden not wearing a mask?

I'm going with option B.

The Deep State ( an umbrella term used to describe crooked senior pubic servants and their army of useless box tickers, who are all utterly dependant on the state for survival ) are so pervasive, that the only way top effectively deal with them is to fire them all.

Communist conspiracies and admiration for dictators... Honestly, you seem like the sort who would have claimed the Nazis were cleaning up shop....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

did you find out the dates for the pictures you posted of biden not wearing a mask?

That was Pete, was it not?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh Dear, Trump is NOT going to be happy

Democrat convention got higher TV ratings..
    The first night of the Republican National Convention averaged 15.9 million viewers on Monday, a sharp drop of 28% from 2016.

The audience figure from Nielsen was also below the opening night of last week’s Democratic National Convention which averaged 18.7 million viewers over the three major English language broadcast networks and three leading cable news channels. The audience for the Democrats on the first night of their convention was also down about 28% from 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

I'm going with option B.

The Deep State ( an umbrella term used to describe crooked senior pubic servants and their army of useless box tickers, who are all utterly dependant on the state for survival ) are so pervasive, that the only way to effectively deal with them is to fire them all.

would he be replacing these people with his own people, you know the conmen he likes to hire?

Whats your take on Trumps commie EOs and the heap of commie 'policy' bullet points.

How in the love of jebus can you expect the orange genius to get anything done when all he has done 4yrs is play golf and watch his best people get arrested, he couldn't even build a fooking wall.

The only thing trump could swipe is a big mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

To my recolection, I have never called him "bunker joe".

Communist conspiracies and admiration for dictators... Honestly, you seem like the sort who would have claimed the Nazis were cleaning up shop....

Thats not a very nice thing to say.

But....speaking of....check out this guy speaking about socialist subversion:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Oh Dear, Trump is NOT going to be happy

Democrat convention got higher TV ratings..

The Dems can console themselves with that at least when the lose the election

Thats not a very nice thing to say.

But....speaking of....check out this guy speaking about socialist subversion:

fook me you really are insufferable, its along way to go from slightly left of centre social policys to this ****e.

although its not that far to go from far right horse****e to full on commie, just ask Boris and his best bud Dom about their lovely advisors from the revolutionary commie party.

I don't think I ever heard a dem care either way about tv ratings, unlike great orange one. I'm suprised he didn't have something about tv ratings on his bullet point policys

Just sayin'....Antifa/ BLM riots could be destabilsation....its not unreasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

All through the Covid briefings Trump mentioned his ratings, believe me, this will make him angry... not that it will show through all that fake tan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement