Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Biker79 wrote: »
    The fact that you ask speaks for itself.
    are you afraid to tell us? do they not list them in the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    She's still not a "first generation American". Her mother is an American citizen and Guilfoyle was born in the US.
    Yep, don't disagree. Just saying even if you charitably look at what she said (that's she first generation on her father's side), it's bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you can't simply tell us which values you are talking about? Why avoid the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Too many Democrats no longer care about America. They only want big government to look after them. Commies in other words. McCarthy was right all along.

You can whine all you want about Trumps imperfections, however, the real issue is whether The US restores its values and continues on, or takes a wrong turn towards a technocratic communist dystopia full of mindless leftie-bots.

You moan about Democrats wanting big government and yet Trump has increased government spending at a rate almost twice that of Obama (who was also accused of wanting to herald in communism to the US). Why are you ok with that? In fact republican presidents actually tend to increase government spending and size of government as well as national debt over and above democratic presidents.

Also I see you're repeating a Don Jr talking point that the US will turn into a communist dystopia. That's so ridiculous and mindlessly repeating it won't make it any more true. People have seen what a Biden type administration would be like during the Obama administration (Biden is actually more centrist). The economy boomed, historic jobs growth and then the great leader got a hold of it and ran out into the ground in a few years - historic unemployment, historic GDP loss, 180k+ dead from Covid-19 and so on.

You also clearly have no idea what communism is. Absolutely none.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So marriage is temporary and adultery is acceptable?

Is that always an official republican party line.

• Advertisement

Hmm. A party whose values are based on 2000 years of heritage, that prioritise the individual over the collective. Values that the country was built on.

Since when does America have 2000 years of heritage?
    Even going on the fact that the country known as America was founded by immigrants, the cultural history of those immigrants is the exact opposite of what your claiming.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Since when does America have 2000 years of heritage?
    Even going on the fact that the country known as America was founded by immigrants, the cultural history of those immigrants is the exact opposite of what your claiming.

sure most of them good christians don't even think the world is around that long. maybe god created the dems, jebus was commie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I love the "Republicans are the party of values" angle. Full of conmen, criminals and grifters supported by people that would rather see kids massacred in schools than have any controls implemented on their precious guns. Then you have the self righteous tinpot evangelists that lecture everyone else about their behaviour while they watch their wife being screwed by the pool boy. It's comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

jamule wrote: »
    are you afraid to tell us? do they not list them in the manual?
    So you can't simply tell us which values you are talking about? Why avoid the question?

I know I've come across this before...

http://wondermark.com/1k62/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you make a claim and when people ask you to explain your claim you decide to post a silly meme instead? In the time its take you to twice avoid answering the question you could have told us what these values are. Why are you avoiding answering the question?

• Advertisement

I take it the manual doesn't actually list anything. I presume its just bullet points of key words and phrases just like trumpists policy docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is it a true republican value to answer all questions with a dumb meme?

That seems the only answer you are able provide to any question?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pam Bondi spoke at the RNC last night. Amongst other things she accused Joe Biden of nepotism in relation to Hunter Biden..... nepotism. Her speech was followed by Tiffany Trump, Eric Trump and Melania Trump. Last night Donald Trump Jnr spoke and tomorrow White House special adviser Ivanka Trump will speak. It's the classic, accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

namloc1980 wrote:
    Pam Bondi spoke at the RNC last night. Amongst other things she accused Joe Biden of nepotism in relation to Hunter Biden..... nepotism. Her speech was followed by Tiffany Trump, Eric Trump and Melania Trump. Last night Donald Trump Jnr spoke and tomorrow White House special adviser Ivanka Trump will speak. It's the classic, accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.

Maybe all the trumps aren't related, or something, we shouldn't judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This one particularly stands out to me. Sickening.

Lets not forget, she also slept her way up the political ladder:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/kamala-harris-launched-political-career-with-120k-patronage-job-from-boyfriend-willie-brown

Kamala Harris’ first significant political role was an appointment by her powerful then-boyfriend Willie Brown, three decades her senior, to a California medical board...

Then 30, Harris was dating 60-year-old Willie Brown, at the time the Democratic speaker of the California State Assembly, when he placed her on the California Medical Assistance Commission...

Harris had no medical background, according to a copy of her resume that she submitted to Brown at the time...

Granlund said the appointment seemed brazen at the time because of the relationship between Harris and Brown. “Screwing the speaker has its rewards,” he said. “Stevie Wonder could have seen through that play.”

Brown recently acknowledged in an op-ed for the San Francisco Chronicle that he “may have influenced” Harris’s career...
    So a strong independent woman comes out in favor of Trump (and we certainly need more strong women) yet straight away the slut shaming and commenting on her appearance starts, shameful.
    So which is it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So you make a claim and when people ask you to explain your claim you decide to post a silly meme instead? In the time its take you to twice avoid answering the question you could have told us what these values are. Why are you avoiding answering the question?

Because to list these nebulous "values" (of which I apparently have none) would subject them to scrutiny and comparison to the words,deeds and action of the Trump administration and the GOP.

That scrutiny & comparison would not end well for either Trump or the GOP , so better to leave them unstated so that any examples of nefarious behaviours (of a multitude readily available) by these supposed bastions of moral rectitude can be batted away with "No , not those values obviously but other, more important ones that I shall not mention"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So which is it?

I honestly don’t know why people engage with that poster. His lack of self awareness is phenomenal.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Fact check.

Did Trumps approval ratings surge during Bidens convention.

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1296535891763179522

:)

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Whilst it is true that he increased in the Rasmussen daily Presidential approval poll in the last day or so, I'd hardly call a 2 point increase a "Surge".

He was at the same level about 10 days ago and dropped back sharply.

Given it's a daily poll it's fairly volatile

Will Trump tweet in a day or two when it dips again??

The same pollster runs a more detailed weekly Election poll and Biden still leads by 4 points in the head to head

Oh dear - 1st day of the RNC and his favourite poll dips , or should I say "Collapses" given that a 2 point increase was called a "surge" surely a two point drop after the first day of his convention counts as a collapse??.

salmocab wrote: »
    I honestly don’t know why people engage with that poster. His lack of self awareness is phenomenal.

I think it’s deliberate or else he’s a genuine trump supporter. 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

The Democrats are going to have to decide which side they on in this latest BLM round of violence. American's are quickly becoming tired of the bloodshed and mob rule and if the democratic governor continues to ignore help from the white house at suppressing the violence it will cost the Biden dearly come election day.

These thugs are setting fire to the businesses of innocent people and are doing great harm to the BLM movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The Democrats are going to have to decide which side they on in this latest BLM round of violence. American's are quickly becoming tired of the bloodshed and mob rule and if the democratic governor continues to ignore help from the white house at suppressing the violence it will cost the Biden dearly come election day.

These thugs are setting fire to the businesses of innocent people and are doing great harm to the BLM movement.
    Are you American? What are you basing this statement on?

I'd dispute your premise that there is widespread bloodshed and mob rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Are you American? What are you basing this statement on?

I'd dispute your premise that there is widespread bloodshed and mob rule.

They're burning a small city to the ground in Wisconsin at the moment. Multiple people shot there last night.

A swing district in a swing state that the Democrats looked to have sewn up 2 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

As Trump says, he will wait until after the election before dealing with Antifa\ BLM
    It was a very risky move forn the Democrats - desperate even - to get into bed with the commies. But they did and they'll have to pay that price.

Their strategy as been very clear: ratchet up the mayhem until the government cracks down. Then they can say ' look we said all along he was fascist ' .

It's beginning to backfire now. And good riddance.

My guess is that this wont be the last episode of mayhem before November..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

As Trump says, he will wait until after the election before dealing with Antifa\ BLM
    It was a very risky move forn the Democrats - desperate even - to get into bed with the commies. But they did and they'll have to pay that price.

Their strategy as been very clear: ratchet up the mayhem until the government cracks down. Then they can say ' look we said all along he was fascist ' .

trump will go into hiding when he loses, as he ll be getting summons galore for court appearances, antifa and blm wont be on his mind at all

what commies do you speak of, who are they?

oh trump will throw every toy out of the pram before November alright

Biden will wait until after the election before dealing with Antifa\ BLM
    It was a very risky move forn the Republicans- desperate even - to get into bed with the commies. But they did and they'll have to pay that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Terrible strategy from the Democrats getting into bed with groups over which they have very little control.

Every business destroyed and person harmed is going to be put into ads by the Republicans and beamed into homes across the US.

Man ends up paralysed as a result of further misbehaving by the Police and that's how the Trump supporters read it... Incredibly callous tbh.

Irishman80 wrote: »
    Terrible strategy from the Democrats getting into bed with groups over which they have very little control.

Every business destroyed and person harmed is going to be put into ads by the Republicans and beamed into homes across the US.

Is this not happening under trumps watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭randd1

salmocab wrote: »

He's very self aware, mostly because it's pretty clear he's on a wind-up. No-one sane would actually believe the crap he spouts (except maybe the dumber republican set in the US deep south).

Either that, or he's genuinely crazy. And as the saying goes, you can reason with a sane person, but you can't reason with a crazy person.

• Advertisement

Man ends up paralysed as a result of further misbehaving by the Police and that's how the Trump supporters read it... Incredibly callous tbh.

Is it really surprising?

57% of Republicans think that the Covid-19 Death toll is "acceptable"
    Over the weekend, CBS News released a poll conducted by YouGov looking broadly at the presidential contest. It included a number of questions about the coronavirus pandemic — understandably, since the pandemic is the primary driver of the presidential contest.

Among the more remarkable results? About 3 in 10 Americans think the number of deaths from the coronavirus so far is acceptable. That includes 1 in 10 Democrats and a majority of Republicans.

It's a parallel universe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement