Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Has Biden criticised the violent BLM rioters yet?

I don't understand why the Democrats refuse to admit there are tons of violent rioters in the US right now.

Multiple times over the last few months he has criticised the violence. As have all senior democrats. Making up a scenario in your head that they are refusing to acknowledge and criticisie the violence is very Trumpian of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,636 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Strangely I don’t remember mass protests under Obama’s watch.

There were but they were largely nonviolent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭randd1

Overheal wrote: »
    There were but they were largely nonviolent.

What was the difference?

Did Obama try to reason with protesters rather than inflate tensions or something? Can't see it happening seeing as Obama is behind everything.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Indeed let's see (quoted so we can come back to this). Once again just to remind you the Republicans control the state assembly in Wisconsin.

And had the governors office before 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Well you invoked her as a classy act. You don’t get to pretend like all the remarks you quoted were unsolicited.

I think its hypocritical that I was aparently "slut shaming" when I highlighted Kamala was given two jobs she was not qualified for by a "boyfriend" 30 years her senior yet the same people are saying it re. Kimberly. You either respect women or you dont. Anyway I think the point has been made, moving along...

• Advertisement

slow down on that Kool aid there, drinking it way too fast.

We only see you in this thread when you are in to bash brown people. So what are you drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think its hypocritical that I was aparently "slut shaming" when I highlighted Kamala was given two jobs she was not qualified for by a "boyfriend" 30 years her senior yet the same people are saying it re. Kimberly. You either respect women or you dont. Anyway I think the point has been made, moving along...

she was appointed to one position. there is nothing to backup your assertion that she was not qualified for that position. she was a lawyer, she was more than qualified. i cant think of many professions better qualified to negotiate contracts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Tell me , what was it that qualified Kimberly Guilfoyle for the role of Head of Campaign Finance for the Trump Campaign?

Does she have a track record of running a multi-million dollar fund-raising effort??

Does she have a background in finance?

Or was it that she's sleeping with Trumps son?

duploelabs wrote: »
    The national guard was sent in to portland and the rioting increased

This.

Trump wants the feds in there to ratchet up the hostility, get his hate boner off for watching teargas fly and people get their skulls caved in by “less lethal” munitions.

Biker79 wrote: »
    * beneath my dignity *

What dignity? You have no dignity to back up your own assertions.

• Advertisement

How was she not qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

More left wing conspiracy theories again, there is so much of it on this thread but an army of posters that are so ready to believe them, the agents had identification on their clothing that identified them as Law Enforcement. This went to court in the US and was thrown out as the judge said it was clearly visible.
    Where did you read that? I looked it up and what you are claiming doesn't appear to be the case at all interns of thd judges ruling, which was based on if it was a state-specific issue rather than if the police were identified or not. So a source in your end would definitely help.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/24/us/portland-federal-jurisdiction-court-judge.html
    In his ruling, Judge Michael W. Mosman of the U.S. District Court in Portland said the attorney general’s office did not have standing to bring the case because it had not shown that the issue was “an interest that is specific to the state itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

RNC so far is MUCH better produced and and run than the DNC (with the exception of the Kimberly Guilfoyle fiasco.)

A much more optimistic vision of America put forward than the Democrats vision of a racist hellscape that only Joe Biden of all people can fix. Optimism wins elections.

Good to see that people maligned by the media are being put up. Like the Covington Catholic kid and the couple from Missouri who got charged for defending their home against a mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I would say the businesses that where smashed and burned by the "peaceful protests" will never support a side which so blatantly lie, deceive and want everyone to be racial identiterians.

A friend of mine owns a bar in Portland, he will be voting Trump as he did in the last election.
    He is Irish, living in the US 20 years, he is sick of the Democrats in his state.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

* beneath my dignity *

Just admit you don't have an answer, that would be more dignified.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

We only see you in this thread when you are in to bash brown people. So what are you drinking.

attacking blm for burning and looting = bashing brown people :rolleyes: looks like were all on the silly drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

A friend of mine owns a bar in Portland, he will be voting Trump as he did in the last election.
    He is Irish, living in the US 20 years, he is sick of the Democrats in his state.

No surprise there. A Trump supporter than blames others for the state the country is in.

But Trump needs extra voters. Biden is not hated as HC was, there is not the stories about Biden that there was and Trump has 4 years of incompetence to try to defend.

Why, your friend should be asking, has Trump not been able to solve these issues over the four years? Why has he not worked with these governors, since he is the best negotiator in the world and apparently the only person able to do it, and found a common ground.

Sure he can blame the system, but a bad tradesman always blames his tools.

Your friend voted for Trump 4 years ago on the promise to fix everything, yet nothing has changed. Why would he repeat the same mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

have to admit i would look forward to watching cnn if trump won again, dont like him myself but cnn would be hilarious the morning after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Leroy42 wrote: »
    No surprise there. A Trump supporter than blames others for the state the country is in.

But Trump needs extra voters. Biden is not hated as HC was, there is not the stories about Biden that there was and Trump has 4 years of incompetence to try to defend.

Why, your friend should be asking, has Trump not been able to solve these issues over the four years? Why has he not worked with these governors, since he is the best negotiator in the world and apparently the only person able to do it, and found a common ground.

Sure he can blame the system, but a bad tradesman always blames his tools.

Your friend voted for Trump 4 years ago on the promise to fix everything, yet nothing has changed. Why would he repeat the same mistake?

Fix everything, lol, we heard that before with the messiah Obama.

He primarily voted for Trump because it would be better for business and it has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Just admit you don't have an answer, that would be more dignified.

You know what they say about people who ask too many questions..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No.

Is this going to be another question you don't answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Admit it, you don't know the answer to any of the questions asked of you, you are just like the other #IMPOTUS zealots in these threads. All noise and no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He primarily voted for Trump because it would be better for business and it has been.

So what he is complaining about. It would appear that the Democratic governor has helped create the environment to help is business.

Imagine what a democratic POTUS would achieve?

Or is this another case where the bad stuff is because the governor is out to stop Trump, but the good stuff is because of Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,628 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    RNC so far is MUCH better produced and and run than the DNC (with the exception of the Kimberly Guilfoyle fiasco.)

A much more optimistic vision of America put forward than the Democrats vision of a racist hellscape that only Joe Biden of all people can fix. Optimism wins elections.

Good to see that people maligned by the media are being put up. Like the Covington Catholic kid and the couple from Missouri who got charged for defending their home against a mob.

That why speakers are dropping out due to anti-semitic retweeting at the last minute? And the #IMPOTUS's promise to speak every night hasn't happened?

Do please highlight the optimism gushing from the RNC.

Do you even know what those people from St. Louis were charged with? And, how is that action optimistic? You're optimistic everyone taking the law into their own hands if the #IMPOTUS is reelected, is somehow good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    No.

Is this going to be another question you don't answer?

Happy to answer intelligent questions. From time to time, they do appear.

Igotadose wrote: »
    That why speakers are dropping out due to anti-semitic retweeting at the last minute? And the #IMPOTUS's promise to speak every night hasn't happened?

Do please highlight the optimism gushing from the RNC.

Do you even know what those people from St. Louis were charged with? And, how is that action optimistic? You're optimistic everyone taking the law into their own hands if the #IMPOTUS is reelected, is somehow good?

Well - They're also under investigation for tax evasion , but I guess that puts them in good company with a lot of the other Speakers this week.

Record unemployment and GDP decline is good for business. There you have the Trumpist logic in a nutshell.

Sean.3516 wrote: »

Well we know you haven't watched a second of the RNC based on this. The main themes so far have been death, chaos, and overall fear. The most interesting part is that Republicans and Trumpists paint this picture of America being absolute hellhole but their guy has been in charge for the last 3.5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Why does Donnie jr's missus look like his stepmothers doppelganger. Seriously fcuked up family, dad wants to bang his daughter, son wants to bang his stepmom. They're a mullet and a banjo away from their base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The irony of your first paragraph followed by immediately praising Trump for Obama and Biden's economy is a great example of how the blind, unquestioning, loyalty-abive-all-else worship of Trump is said to be beyond satire.

Yet when faced with a challenge, Trump proved as big a failure as many of his business ventures have been, both in terms of social unrest and economic collapse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement