Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Eric. Watch the videos man, listen to what he was saying.

Why are you defending him? Like this has nothing to do with your support of Trump or Biden, left wing or right wing, democrat or republican or anything else, this guy literally murdered someone.

I have condemned him in 2 seperate posts, I have in no way defended him, asking for relevance to supporting trump is not defending this sicko ,

Donald trump or supporting Donald trump does not give credence or explanation to why a kid would shoot people.

I have condemned him in 2 seperate posts, I have in no way defended him, asking for relevance to supporting trump is not defending this sicko ,

Donald trump or supporting Donald trump does not give credence or explanation to why a kid would shoot people.

The mildest condemnation going and then you move on to saying problems on both sides basically... (Dregs on both sides) This guy is also the exact type of person that Trump would pardon tbh.

The mildest condemnation going and then you move on to saying problems on both sides basically... (Dregs on both sides) This guy is also the exact type of person that Trump would pardon tbh.

it was a stronger condemnation than you gave Peter tatchell, but sure we'll move on.

give me one example of trump pardoning a maniac riot shooter or even something vaguely similar ?
    you're just trying to build imaginary connections saying trump supports murders at riots, its not happening.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yes, yes it does.

Do you honestly think that it is a coincidence that the day after Trump has the McCloskeys on TV being praised for "Using their 2nd amendment rights and Defending their property", this clearly damaged kid decided to do the same thing, but took it a step further and actually pulled the trigger???

The bile and vitriol the man spits out has consequences.

If you believe that commentaries from Democrat Politians are in some way responsible for inciting the actions of the rioters then you have to accept that Trump and his surrogates are equally as responsible when something like this happens.

You cant have it both ways.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Yes, yes it does.

Do you honestly think that it is a coincidence that the day after Trump has the McCloskeys on TV being praised for "Using their 2nd amendment rights and Defending their property", this clearly damaged kid decided to do the same thing, but took it a step further and actually pulled the trigger???

The bile and vitriol the man spits out has consequences.

If you believe that commentaries from Democrat Politians are in some way responsible for inciting the actions of the rioters then you have to accept that Trump and his surrogates are equally as responsible when something like this happens.

You cant have it both ways.

I believe this has become this decades 'video games cause school shooters'
    I don't believe Joe Biden incites riots, I don't believe Donald trump incites shooters like this kid.

• Advertisement

it was a stronger condemnation than you gave Peter tatchell, but sure we'll move on.

give me one example of trump pardoning a maniac riot shooter or even something vaguely similar ?
    you're just trying to build imaginary connections saying trump supports murders at riots, its not happening.
    I can give you an example of him pardoning a maniac, Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Also a pretty bizarre retort to the fact that you repeatedly tried to find reasons to excuse a guy who broke many laws that ultimately resulted in two dead protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Yeah, it's always someone else's fault, never the leader of the actual country.
    What is he supposed to do? He shut down travel with China and Europe. He provided state governors with everything they requested. He negotiated contracts with companies to start making PPE. Not a single American died for lack of a ventilator.

It's not Trump's place tell states that they have to lockdown or wear masks by executive fiat. This "national mask mandate" that Biden keeps going on about is blatantly unconstitutional.

Pretty much every state took measures that were appropriate to their situations, when Cuomo wasn't shipping the oldies back into nursing homes with COVID.
    Job numbers are now one of the worst in history.
    As was the case in every country that got hit hard with COVID. This was the cost of the lockdown.

It doesn't help the fact that Democrat states like New York, New Jersey and California never opened up at all despite very low deaths and case numbers. Again that's a state issue. Trump can't force them to open any more than he can force them to shut down.
    Trump lied, deflected and downplayed the pandemic from the very start and still is.
    Dude said a bunch of crap.........and then he did everything he was supposed to do.
    The voters won't judge governors on the pandemic, they will judge the president.
    And if they judge them fairly, they'll re-elect Trump and kick out Democratic governors.
    No one cares that the deficit is 3 TRILLION?
    That's right. They don't care. I'm not saying they shouldn't care but the fact is that they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Isn't this exactly what you do when you claim ANTIFA/BLM rioters that burn down stores are all Democrats?

I can give you an example of him pardoning a maniac, Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Also a pretty bizarre retort to the fact that you repeatedly tried to find reasons to excuse a guy who broke many laws that ultimately resulted in two dead protesters.

in 3 out of 5-6 posts on the topic I openly condemn the shooter completely, do you accept that.

Isn't this exactly what you do when you claim ANTIFA/BLM rioters that burn down stores are all Democrats?

where have I claimed that ?

I have claimed the democrats aren't critical enough of antifa and BLM, but never that the policiticans themselves have incited this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I don't believe Joe Biden incites riots, I don't believe Donald trump incites shooters like this kid.
    Last I checked, Joe Biden hasn't called for armed uprisings and violence against protesters (never even mind stating he would foot any legal bills from it).

Last I checked, Joe Biden hasn't called for armed uprisings and violence against protesters (never even mind stating he would foot any legal bills from it).

neither has trump....

in 3 out of 5-6 posts on the topic I openly condemn the shooter completely, do you accept that.

But you did repeatedly try to diminish the actions... Anyway, I'm not dragging this any further off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

neither has trump....
    The thing is, he has.

TrumpTweetsliberate.png?1587140424

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise."
    - Donald Trump, Feb 1st 2016 (at a MAGA rally)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Completely disagree.

America has a toxic relationship with firearms. Its president, whatever his stance on the 2nd amendment should be aware of the current febrile atmosphere and should most certainly not be using it to try and generate publicity.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

FLOTUS speech from RNC. Very positive, uplifting and hopeful (as you would expect from Melania). Spoke of the problems caused by Covid and the hard work being done to find a solution. She had very kind words for front line workers who risk their lives every day to help fellow Americans.

In these turbulent times, she urged people to look beyond race and instead judge everyone on the strength of their character.

The president was in attendance at the speech. The love and respect they have for each other is palpable. They have made a great team over the past four years, long may it continue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpQOM2S0pec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Will you turn on Melania as quickly as you did Mary Anne Trump, if the rumored tapes of Melania are real and get released?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-melania-trump-donald-tape-memoir-20200824-vbaq4ryqmfcatefefzukw3heq4-story.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Did anyone see Nick Sandmanns speech? He spoke about mainstream media bias & lies and the effects they had on his young life. He's a great kid. It came off as very heartfelt from my perspective anyhow. Seems he has suffered greatly. The very end of his speech is kind of funny but I wont spoiler it for anyone, go watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did anyone see Nick Sandmanns speech? He spoke about mainstream media bias & lies and the effects they had on his young life. He's a great kid. It came off as very heartfelt from my perspective anyhow. Seems he has suffered greatly. The very end of his speech is kind of funny but I wont spoiler it for anyone, go watch it!

Christ they wheeled him out for a speech :pac:

I doubt he suffered if they've made him into a Republican celebrity tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's the name of this movie, and is it worth watching?

Will you turn on Melania as quickly as you did Mary Anne Trump, if the rumored tapes of Melania are real and get released?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-melania-trump-donald-tape-memoir-20200824-vbaq4ryqmfcatefefzukw3heq4-story.html

Ive been waiting 4 years for a user here to post tapes of donald trump using the N word that there were rumors of . Im not buying tape rumors again

CNN broadcasting Nick giving out about CNN while CNN are paying him a hefty sum for defaming him is one of the sweetest moments of this election cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The president was in attendance at the speech. The love and respect they have for each other is palpable. They have made a great team over the past four years, long may it continue!

I get that you're on a wind-up but you might want to rein it it a bit. You don't want to make it too obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

MSM attempted to destroy his life. The fact he spoke so well speaks volumes about the young man's character.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

MSM attempted to destroy his life. The fact he spoke so well speaks volumes about the young man's character.

MSM MADE his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The hyperbole is strong today. He's a nobody that screwed some money out of a few media outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The hyperbole is strong today. He's a nobody that screwed some money out of a few media outlets.

He was defamed and he win his case.

That's all there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Danzy wrote: »
    He was defamed and he win his case.

That's all there is.

Until he was wheeled out as a political prop. Maybe he should sue the Republicans for exploitation while he's at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So the FDA chief overstated the benefits of convalescent plasma during the Trump press conference on Sunday. Why would someone let themselves be used as a political tool by Trump? Basically he stood there and lied to make Trump look better.

https://apnews.com/a7f0e8aac34a860ad502912564681b7c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement