Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So the FDA chief overstated the benefits of convalescent plasma during the Trump press conference on Sunday. Why would someone let themselves be used as a political tool by Trump? Basically he stood there and lied to make Trump look better.

https://apnews.com/a7f0e8aac34a860ad502912564681b7c

Hahn should resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol - logical?? :p

It was a softball interview where most of the questions were posed to help him and even then the guy was talking nonsense throughout. Most notably when at 11m50s he said:

..and then nervously coughed and said something else. My guess is that he was about to lie again about his role in the civil rights movement and wisely changed his mind:

What happened to your posting man? The above is in absolute bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Thats the result of someone desperately clutching at straws to defend dear leader.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

I see LeBrom james is saying "**** this man". I guess he means Trump?

Does LeBron not realise BLM was started in 2013.

Just imagine the blame Trump would have got if BLM was started during his term.

The election is a win win for me. If Trump wins it'll show us many people are sick of the PC nonsense. If Biden wins, then he has dementia and will be a laughing stock and then people will realise blacks will still get killed and Biden is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The election is a win win for me. If Trump wins it'll show us many people are sick of the PC nonsense. If Biden wins, then he has dementia and will be a laughing stock and then people will realise blacks will still get killed and Biden is the same.

Are people still throwing this idiotic claim about, did you see Bidens speech last week? Did you see Trumps speech?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think LeBron James realises this election is an existential moment for the United States and he's willing to risk a championship and its associated implications for his personal legacy while being at the peak of his athletic powers to make a stand on the issue. There goes that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's a figure of speech, doubt the "man" refers to anyone in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @CertifiedSimp - there have been umpteen warnings about the 'dementia' rhetoric at this stage. Don't post in the thread again.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

I think LeBron James realises this election is an existential moment for the United States and he's willing to risk a championship and its associated implications for his personal legacy while being at the peak of his athletic powers to make a stand on the issue. There goes that man.

He's already won enough championships for his legacy.

Taking a stand and being seen as "risking it all for human rights" would make more sense if he wanted to grow his legacy.

Doing this is a far greater benefit for LeBron than just continuing on and winning a ring.

He didn't care about China and Hong Kong less than a year ago leading to vast majority of nba fans calling him out and criticising him. It would have cost him money that's why.

Look at Kaepernick. On Nikes payroll for not playing football.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I actually think it is a very good tactic. Kaeperneck tried to do something but was beset by those that felt it was offensive (the very same people that decry PC nonsense!) but one sure fire way of getting things to change is to directly effect the things that people really want. Basketball, NFL, baseball.

Cut them off, even for a few months. Easy for the NFK owners, for example, to ignore and discard Colin, but when the whole league is stopped, then the owners will start to demand action. Once the elites start demanding change it will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    The video was 60 seconds long and showed none of the prime time speakers that I referred to.
    Trump Jr was in the video. Guilfoyle was in the video. Who do you mean was being optimistic?

Then why are people leaving in droves?
    And coming in, in droves. 2017-2019 500,000+ moved to CA. And, yes, 649,00 left. So, why are they coming in? Because of the opportunity. Why are they leaving? Because it's expensive.
    LA and San Francisco have become almost unliveable in the last 20 years because the Democrats thought it would be a good idea to give mentally ill people the right to set up camp in public and shoot heroin on people's doorsteps.

No that's not why people are leaving. They're leaving because they can't afford to live there.
    Job numbers under Trump were the best they'd ever been before, you know, a once in a century pandemic screwed up the world economy.
    it IS the economy, stupid, not it WAS the economy, stupid. No excuse. Go get in a food line if you think it's so great under the #IMPOTUS.
    With regard to COVID, it baffles me how nobody understands that the US is a federal republic. The first responsibility for acting on COVID always rested on state governors. The only significant actions the US President could take was to shut down incoming air travel from foreign countries and use Federal resources to supplement state resources where necessary both of which he did (as acknowledged by many Democrat governors.) When things were at their worst in New York, even Andrew Cuomo acknowledged how obliging Trump was. It was never Trump's job to implement specific lockdown measures in states.
    And mobilize testing -which he did, then cancelled. And do an orderly job of bringing people back into the country once his bans were in place (especially from Europe where the infection that mostly devastated the Northeast originated.) Nope, chaos. Oh, and have had enough resources on-hand, like he'd been warned about for years until he disbanded the team doing the warning. And used the DPA right away, not after a couple months. And and and

We understand the US is a Federal republic. In times of disaster, the Federal government can make resources available with a disaster declaration. Did that happen promptly for the earliest, hardest-hit states?
    By the way, seven out of the top ten states in terms of death rates per capita are run by Democrats. All the hysteria over Florida, Texas and Georgia was fake news. Those states were 17th, 15th and 20th respectively. Meanwhile, Cuomo got away with shipping elderly folk back into nursing homes after they tested positive.
    Death rates per what? population, or cases? And, timing? NY got hit first. In terms of absolute number of deaths, NY, NJ, CA, TX, FL, GA, MA in descending order.
    Deficits? Unfortunately neither party cares about deficits and its a non-issue for the American people.
    It was in the 2016 tGOP platform. Since the 2020 tGOP platform is the same thing, then, it is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another Trump political move - now the CDC are saying people who were in close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case now don't need to be tested unless they are vulnerable. Doesn't sound like a sensible public health measure as it allows the virus to spread unchecked. It appears the change has been forced on them by the Trump administration. Trump has been promising to reduce testing because the high number of cases makes him look bad. Politicizing another independent government agency and the GOP and Trump fanboys stand by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Another Trump political move - now the CDC are saying people who were in close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case now don't need to be tested unless they are vulnerable. Doesn't sound like a sensible public health measure as it allows the virus to spread unchecked. It appears the change has been forced on them by the Trump administration. Trump has been promising to reduce testing because the high number of cases makes him look bad. Politicizing another independent government agency and the GOP and Trump fanboys stand by.

Is there anything he won’t corrupt??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Look at Kaepernick. On Nikes payroll for not playing football.
    Why is it he's not been playing football?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,038 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Why is it he's not been playing football?
    Because he lost his starting job at SF and decided to become a distraction rather than a backup?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maybe read the post again. Biden has a history of lying about his role in the Civil Rights movement. In the interview he began to speak about his role in the Civil Rights movement again but suddenly stopped, which has all the hallmarks that he given he has lied so much about that topic, he was all set to do so again but reigned himself in just in time.
    Thats the result of someone desperately clutching at straws to defend dear leader.

What a nonsense post. I was speaking about Biden's lies and you parse that as me defending Trump? Seems to me Trump is living in your head rent free. Maybe try and defend Biden just once without all the usual 'They're all just Trumpers defending their leader!!' guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I don't like Biden or Trump. They are both incredibly weak candidates but at least Trump does interviews/press conferences etc... Biden seems to be hunkered down avoiding everyone. Bizarre carry on for a guy hoping to be president

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

pjohnson wrote: »
    Christ they wheeled him out for a speech :pac:

I doubt he suffered if they've made him into a Republican celebrity tbh.
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's the name of this movie, and is it worth watching?
    A child was bullied by the media with false accusations. We all know high profile incidents where kids are killing themselves because of online abuse.
    But nationwide media led assault is OK with you?
    I think you need to reflect on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Maybe read the post again. Biden has a history of lying about his role in the Civil Rights movement. In the interview he began to speak about his role in the Civil Rights movement again but suddenly stopped, which has all the hallmarks that he given he has lied so much about that topic, he was all set to do so again but reigned himself in just in time.

I assume you have proof of all these lies? Though I don't know why I'm asking, you refuse to answer any questions re: your posts or qualify your assertions with real evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I don't like Biden or Trump. They are both incredibly weak candidates but at least Trump does interviews/press conferences etc... Biden seems to be hunkered down avoiding everyone. Bizarre carry on for a guy hoping to be president

Seriously. His interviews and speeches have been posted in this very thread. You know the Democrats had a convention last week. That he appeared at. Then him and Harris were on a CNN interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Biden seems to be hunkered down avoiding everyone. Bizarre carry on for a guy hoping to be president

That's only a reasonable statement if you've been hiding under a rock and subscribe to the idea that if you can't see something, it's not there. That kind of thinking usually goes away while we're toddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

ollkiller wrote: »
    Seriously. His interviews and speeches have been posted in this very thread. You know the Democrats had a convention last week. That he appeared at. Then him and Harris were on a CNN interview.

we need trump to do cnn and biden to do fox, tv worth watching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Not sure if its been mentioned. Trump wants them to do drug tests before the first debate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    we need trump to do cnn and biden to do fox, tv worth watching

That attitude is the problem though. Trump's been treating this like one of his crummy TV shows. Politics is supposed to be serious business, not lowest common denominator entertainment.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

That attitude is the problem though. Trump's been treating this like one of his crummy TV shows. Politics is supposed to be serious business, not lowest common denominator entertainment.

thats politics these days,media run everything, and btw i meant cnn would ask trump hard questions likewise fox with biden

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A child was bullied by the media with false accusations. We all know high profile incidents where kids are killing themselves because of online abuse.
    But nationwide media led assault is OK with you?
    I think you need to reflect on things.

Like Trump did to an autistic child via twitter because she won an award that he wanted

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Don't think it's a coincidence that this change was implemented on a day when Fauci was in hospital for a surgical procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not sure if its been mentioned. Trump wants them to do drug tests before the first debate.

He did the same prior to his debates with HRC in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 40,472 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that wouldn't be fair. Trump has a very long experience of taking drugs so would have a distinct advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

FLOTUS speech from RNC. Very positive, uplifting and hopeful (as you would expect from Melania). Spoke of the problems caused by Covid and the hard work being done to find a solution. She had very kind words for front line workers who risk their lives every day to help fellow Americans.

In these turbulent times, she urged people to look beyond race and instead judge everyone on the strength of their character.

The president was in attendance at the speech. The love and respect they have for each other is palpable. They have made a great team over the past four years, long may it continue!

This entire quote has me in stitches. Fantastic little hand grenades to get people going. Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YFLBjR-swo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDhm808oU4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement