Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,471 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Irishman80 wrote: »
    Watch the damn video I linked.

Are you helpless?

i included a direct quote. was the quote incorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Watch the damn video I linked.

Are you helpless?

I told you she said Biden shouldn't do the debate. You asked for a link. I posted a link to it for you and the Biden response.

And your response:

Ahh so awh she didn't say he shouldn't do the debates...duh.

Click the damn link I was kind enough to post for you when you asked.

i included a direct quote. was the quote incorrect?

Like I said, click the link I posted for you.

i did. and i responded with a direct quote. a direct quote that does not match your interpretation of what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's definitely mixed messaging. The Presidental campaign is saying they will take part in the debates. The Leader of the House is saying they shouldn't take part in the debates.

To people who are following it, it is known Biden was to increase funding. But millions of US voters are low information voters. They vote once every 4 years and don't follow politics much.

Republicans have painted Biden and the Democrats as the defund the police party and it has stuck in a lot of minds.

Its not mixed messaging from the campaign, they are clear that Biden will take part in the debates. Pelosi gave her own personal opinion (and she made it clear that's what it was) but like most trumpers you suck at critical thinking and your bias rules.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its not mixed messaging from the campaign, they are clear that Biden will take part in the debates. Pelosi gave her own personal opinion (and she made it clear that's what it was) but like most trumpers you suck at critical thinking and your bias rules.

I'm far from a Trumper.

The difference between people like me and actual Trumpers or people like you is that I can actually use my critical thinking skills because I'm not tied to any political party or ideology.

I'm far from a Trumper.

The difference between people like me and actual Trumpers or people like you is that I can actually use my critical thinking skills because I'm not tied to any political party or ideology.

and yet somehow you cant manage to quote what pelosi said correctly. whether that was deliberate or not i can't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

and yet somehow you cant manage to quote what pelosi said correctly. whether that was deliberate or not i can't say.

Maybe Irishman should click the damned link because I don't think that he has. At least based on his interpretation of its contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Have to say, Pelosi's hatred for Trump really came through in that clip :pac: maybe when biden gets in she can retire.

those two pieces of text are not the same. i'm not sure you are in a position to call the people correcting you dumb.

Semantics - what a child you are.

• Advertisement

Kayleigh McEnany bravely speaking about her mastectomy...

"As I came out of anesthesia, the first call I received was from Ivanka Trump. My phone rang again, it was President Trump calling to check on me! I was blown away... Here was the leader of the free world, caring about my circumstance!"

She lies about a lot of things. Personally, if someone lies a lot, I tend to take what they say with a pinch of salt. Maybe I'm just weird that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-video/mmvo90737733641?__twitter_impression=true

For clarity I have reproduced the relevant section of her speech. There is more context in the link above should you need it.

Pelosi:

"I myself just, don't tell anybody I told you this, especially don't tell Joe Biden. I don't think there should be any debates."

no, there was only one side who made a mistake and had to be corrected.

If I said something like this, you would be happy.

"Biden is perfect, the campaign is perfect, he's running the perfect campaign, I love the Dems, they are perfect."

You kind of people would be clapping like seals if I said that. Exactly the kind of behaviour you criticise Trymp supporters for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I'm far from a Trumper.

Some people see the world in black or white, no grey area.

It's actually what has America itself in such a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I'm far from a Trumper.

I loled anyway.

For clarity I have reproduced the relevant section of her speech. There is more context in the link above should you need it.

Pelosi:

"I myself just, don't tell anybody I told you this, especially don't tell Joe Biden. I don't think there should be any debates."

It's not mixed messaging though from the Dems. It's just a different opinion is all.

My God...It gets extremely frustrating trying to have discussions with cult members.

Tell me about it.

If I said something like this, you would be happy.

"Biden is perfect, the campaign is perfect, he's running the perfect campaign, I love the Dems, they are perfect."

You kind of people would be clapping like seals if I said that. Exactly the kind of behaviour you criticise Trymp supporters for.

i wouldn't be happy if that is not what was said. you are projecting your own thoughts on to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Pelosi:

Did she say why she thought that?

I loled anyway.

Anyone who has any criticism of the Dems must be a Trump supporter. If you dont agree with everything Biden says or does, you must be a Trump supporter.

Do you know how that sounds?

• Advertisement

i wouldn't be happy if that is not what was said. you are projecting your own thoughts on to others.

No, that's the way people act. I criticised the Democrats for mixed messaging and visibility, which are important, and you people nearly had a meltdown.

Anyone who has any criticism of the Dems must be a Trump supporter. If you dont agree with everything Biden says or does, you must be a Trump supporter.

Do you know how that sounds?

nobody has said anything of the sort. you misquoted pelosi and made it sound like a trump talking point. you were corrected. you got angry about being corrected and called others idiots. like i said, a very trumpian response.

No, that's the way people act. I criticised the Democrats for mixed messaging and visibility, which are important, and you people nearly had a meltdown.

and if you had managed the simple task of quoting Pelosi correctly nobody would have had an issue.

Did she say why she thought that?

Something along the lines that Trump is an pathological liar and shouldn't be given the platform.

Note: They are not the exact words she said. That's not an exact quote from her. I usually dont memorize exact quotes from people I hear on TV to post on boards.ie. Who does?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Something along the lines that Trump is an pathological liar and shouldn't be given the platform.

Note: They are not the exact words she said. That's not an exact quote from her. I usually dont memorize exact quotes from people I hear on TV to post on boards.ie. Who does?

That's correct. And that his ignorance and lies shouldn't be given the respect of being debated. For me, she was just using the opportunity to highlight the truth of who Trump is.

nobody has said anything of the sort. you misquoted pelosi and made it sound like a trump talking point. you were corrected. you got angry about being corrected and called others idiots. like i said, a very trumpian response.

I didn't call people idiots. Show me where I called people idiots. Where did I quote that? Show me.

A lot of people here have been discussing politics on this site long before Trump and will be afterwards. An unfortunate byproduct of that is that they tend to be anoraks when it comes to things like facts. They're a tough crowd, quick to pounce on each other when one of them gets something wrong.

It can be frustrating but this isn't the Adrian Kennedy show or whatever the equivalent is these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

There is a flagrant abuse of language among Bidenistas.

The root cause is that they are fundamentally wrong in the choice they have made. But its hard to admit you are wrong. Much easier to continue spouting nonsense and blindly supporting a party being eaten alive by marxism. Its less trouble deflecting criticism with daft questions and juvenile sarcasm, while shifting goalposts and calling observant posters trolls. Classy stuff.

Must be exhausting being full of it.

PS: I prefer the term ' Trumpeteer '.

A lot of people here have been discussing politics on this site long before Trump and will be afterwards. An unfortunate byproduct of that is that they tend to be anoraks when it comes to things like facts. They're a tough crowd, quick to pounce on each other when one of them gets something wrong.

It can be frustrating but this isn't the Adrian Kennedy show or whatever the equivalent is these days.

Fair enough. I haven't been using the site long.

It can get frustrating when a discussion gets diverted into nonsense.

I suppose the tactic of filling the system with s--t acts as a way for people not to address certain points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why doesn't Trump drink alcohol?

Is it because he had family member who was an alcoholic? Big deal, join the club. Although there's a few NY bartenders that would disagree with his claim that he's never touched a drop. He lies about everything else so no reason to take his word on this either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement