Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

PS or not he is still a fat tub of lard who struggles to walk down a ramp and who wears more makeup than a drag queen. how is that traditional masculinity?
    So you can insult trumps physical appearance, but anyone daring to criticize Michelle Obama in the same way or use Joe's nickname gets banned?

#leftism

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

ELM327 wrote: »
    I think the confusion is the US is a net exporter of petroleum products (eg Gasoline/petrol) but a net importer by 2m barrels of raw crude

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42735

Trump claims energy independence to rile up the base. It's at best a misleading claim designed to lead people to an inaccurate conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

The protests and riots are not only the largest in American history, they have the support of the public across almost every demographic. Just because his base hate the idea of protesting on an issue like this, whether it be peaceful or otherwise (and the reactions to Colin Kaepernick in the NFL and now the NBA boycotts shows up the lie that they would be ok with peaceful protest), it doesn't do anything to change that.

If Trump thinks his efforts to emulate China's response to the Hong Kong protests, he is in for a rude awakening. It appears those around him have long since copped on to this too, hence their efforts to dismantle the postal services ability to sort and deliver mail in ballots instead.

Why would his base hate peaceful protest that promulgate equal rights? This is a nonsensical statement. Trump supporters and Republicans in general are avowed to upholding the Constitution.

How can you make the incredible jump in comparing China's virtual annexation of Hong Kong's legal system to Trump sending in Federal support to maintain Law and Order? Trump only ordered this after Democrat Mayors abrogated their responsibilties and duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So you can insult trumps physical appearance, but anyone daring to criticize Michelle Obama in the same way or use Joe's nickname gets banned?

#leftism

i was responding to one of your fellow travelers who described him as traditionally masculine. do you think he is traditionally masculine? is it traditionally masculine to wear more makeup than a drag queen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Polar101

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Easily impressed aren't we. Basically Trump's & the RNC message was: things are really terrible in many parts of the country and I couldn't do anything to solve those problems in the last 4 years but give me 4 more years anyway because none of the problems are my fault.

If he gave a truthful account of his term, not many people would vote for him. So it makes more sense to pretend to run as a new candidate who will fix the mess (created by him).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Care to explain how re-electing DT is going to improve things.

It probably won't although I can see the point of sending in reinforcements to areas being burned by bored and neurotic frat kids high on the stink of idiotic identity politics.
    Biden winning would be like rewarding screaming toddlers. But there is a big part of me hopes he wins so the Dems have to deal with the idiocy they have fostered whereby college dorms are going back to racial segregation, people can be mobbed in public if they do not kneel or raise a fist, and big strapping boys will be beating the girls in athletics and taking their scholarships.

i was responding to one of your fellow travelers who described him as traditionally masculine. do you think he is traditionally masculine? is it traditionally masculine to wear more makeup than a drag queen?
    :confused:

It espouses a typical masculine value of clinging to youth as you are aging. Same as buying a flash sports car or trading the wife for a younger model.

It espouses a typical masculine value of clinging to youth as you are aging. Same as buying a flash sports car or trading the wife for a younger model.

so you think wearing makeup is traditionally masculine? is there any depth to which you wont sink in order to defend trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gruffalox wrote: »
    It probably won't although I can see the point of sending in reinforcements to areas being burned by bored and neurotic frat kids high on the stink of idiotic identity politics.
    Biden winning would be like rewarding screaming toddlers. But there is a big part of me hopes he wins so the Dems have to deal with the idiocy they have fostered whereby college dorms are going back to racial segregation, people can be mobbed in public if they do not kneel or raise a fist, and big strapping boys will be beating the girls in athletics and taking their scholarships.

Aren't all these things happening right now? On Trumps watch?

Really? Take a walk down the street, how many elderly/retired male Builders, Mechanics, Soldiers, office workers, Retail workers, Police/fire/paramedics will you see wearing thick make up while going about thier business?

Face it, Tan in a can man is vain and not very "masculine" at all.

• Advertisement

This BS inserted about traditional masculinity or feminity is ridiculous. Melania is not elegant because she is a traditionalist. She has great genes. She is undeniably gorgeous however shallow that may be. My point was mainly the completely psychopathic hysteria about her aesthetic both personally and in the wider sphere has been hilarious. The same people would be drooling over people on "their side" who did the same as her. The point is the whole derangement in general commentary. Both sides have so many vile people making commentary. It is all disgusting

Oh man that is absolutely hilarious. An order man wearing heavy makeup and fake tan is now "a typical masculine value of clinging to youth"!! Funniest post I've seen in a long time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

The issues you raise as being the ones most pertinent after the election mark you out as somebody who is equally submerged into identity politics.

Oh man that is absolutely hilarious. An order man wearing heavy makeup and fake tan is now "a typical masculine value of clinging to youth"!! Funniest post I've seen in a long time :pac:

How old does one have to be before its OK to wear thick fake tan to have typical masculine values?

Asking for a friend :D

so you think wearing makeup is traditionally masculine? is there any depth to which you wont sink in order to defend trump?
    No.

In fairness, what you're describing is a man who's trying to compensate for his vulnerabilities or having a midlife crisis. And Trump has been tanning up for decades.. It's extreme vanity.
    No.

Thanks for confirming.

This BS inserted about traditional masculinity or feminity is ridiculous. Melania is not elegant because she is a traditionalist. She has great genes. She is undeniably gorgeous however shallow that may be. My point was mainly the completely psychopathic hysteria about her aesthetic both personally and in the wider sphere has been hilarious. The same people would be drooling over people on "their side" who did the same as her. The point is the whole derangement in general commentary. Both sides have so many vile people making commentary. It is all disgusting

it was a trump supporter who brought it up. another example of the ridiculous cultist behaviour from trump supporters.

No.

i didnt think there was a depth you wouldn't sink to to defend trump but very honest of you to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The left despise her because she is beautiful and intelligent.

It's the birther stuff. Thinking that it's about her beauty and intelligence is childish. Think about it to yourself for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I have no issue with Melania's looks, what she wears etc. I see her as simply doing a job (that she and no other person really should be expected to do) but a tradition that becoming POTUS means that your partner then becomes important.

Where I have an issue with Melania is her clear hypocrisy. She goes on about Be Best, yet her husband belittles people. SHe scorns on line abuse, yet says nothing when her husband retweets conspiracy theories and abuses people online.

She says the country needs an honest president, while saying Trump is the best man for the job - he even lies to her - how she has any faith in him is beyond me so why is she asking others to believe him.

We had Trump blame HC in 2016 for standing by her man after he had affairs, and yet we are supposed to believe anything that Melania says when she stands up for Trump?

• Advertisement

it was a trump supporter who brought it up. another example of the ridiculous cultist behaviour from trump supporters.

I know it was a Trump supporter who brought it up. But you did not believe me when I said I would not vote Trump.
    It is all vile. Last week Kamala believed the women who said Joe copped a feel until he offered her a bite of his hamburger. The Dems had a chance to be truly radical. Gabbard, Yang. That would have been exciting and inspiring. But nope. Couldn't give a shyte what happens to them now. They will get what they deserve either way.They made their graffiti-ruined fire-bombed bed. Their neurosis from wearing knitted vaginas on their heads( and then having existential crises about the poor women without vaginas who were thus left out) to cheering on looters like proud parents will reward them.

The fake tan and makeup screams traditional masculinity alright. :) The knots you Trumpists tie yourselves in must be absolutely exhausting.

Yep. Super macho.

635853377731909987-Screen-Shot-2015-12-10-at-9.49.11-AM.jpg?width=1080&quality=50

Aren't all these things happening right now? On Trumps watch?

Mostly in Democratic strongholds.

Erm, that kind of thing is widely considered pathetic.

But Don said

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776?s=20

Nothing to do with Trump right? So why is he the man to fix it and why will things get worse under Biden (as almost all speakers at the RNC claimed) if these issues are purely local or state issues and nothing to do with the President?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The clapping seals are in fine form this morning

Traditional masculinity ffs :pac: :pac: :pac:

MeaslyDaringIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

You're hardly going to have a large protest in Buttfúck, Alabama now are you?

Protests happen in urban areas because, well, surely you can figure out why.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    The clapping seals are in fine form this morning

Traditional masculinity ffs :pac: :pac: :pac:

MeaslyDaringIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

The poster has already admitted there isn't a depth he wont sink to to defend dear leader, that's what you're up against in this thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Did you miss the 4200 posts when you rocked in here to instigate a debate?

I did miss that extended tennis rally. Thank you for the kind question though.

Is it ok if I make some cogent and intelligent points or should I just cancel myself now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement