Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1299457991369019392?s=19

Sounds like Trump's trip to New Hampshire is going well :pac:

Live free or die baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1299457991369019392?s=19

Sounds like Trump's trip to New Hampshire is going well :pac:

He will be ranting later about how most of the fingers were left ones, and all waved violently at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He will be ranting later about how most of the fingers were left ones, and all waved violently at him.

Or he'll try to say they were actually index ones and they meant number one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Or he'll try to say they were actually index ones and they meant number one!

Oh, they're not booing you, Sir, they're shouting "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I've always loved new hampshire, the white mountains, you can pull up at some great sites and camp for the night free of charge, lots of national forest land, they don't enforce helmets wearing for motorcycles, they don't have state income tax, the basically do whatever the f*ck they want, including I guess giving Trump the finger.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1299488213158047744?s=19

Another day, another lie. Also slurring and mispronouncing words.

So masculine.

He then claims Biden was reading answers off a teleprompter during his interview on Thursday with Anderson Cooper. Another lie. You can see how he hit the 20,000 mark so easily.

And then the comment of the night. He says he wants to see the first woman President but that Kamala Harris isn't competent. He doesn't afford her the respect of saying her name, just refers to her as "she". He then points at the clapping seals in the crowd and proclaims "they want Ivanka!"

They. Want. Ivanka.

How is this real life?!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,627 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump couldn't even find willing participants for this video spot at the RNC: they didn't tell tenants their interview (which was conducted by a HUD official) would be used for a political campaign video. Having this done by a HUD official is surely another Hatch Act violation?

https://www.mediaite.com/news/nyc-tenants-highlighted-at-rnc-dont-support-trump-were-misled-about-video-nyt/
    New York City public housing tenants spotlighted in a video at the Republican National Convention spoke out to the New York Times to say they were misled about the purpose of the video.

The video starts with the message “President Trump promised to deliver real change for the residents of our nation’s cities. He kept that promise.”

The video features Judy Smith, Manuel Martinez, Claudia Perez, and Carmen Quiñones criticizing how Bill de Blasio has dealt with public housing residents and what the Trump administration has done to help “shine a light on what’s going on.”

The New York Times reports that the interviews were arranged and conducted by HUD official Lynne Patton. But despite the serious criticisms of the Democratic mayor, they’re apparently not exactly big Trump supporters:
    They were never told that their interviews would be edited into a two-minute video clip that would air on Thursday night at the Republican National Convention and be used to bash Mayor Bill de Blasio, three of the tenants said in interviews on Friday.

“I am not a Trump supporter,” said one of the tenants, Claudia Perez. “I am not a supporter of his racist policies on immigration. I am a first-generation Honduran. It was my people he was sending back.”

Perez, the Times says, stood by all the criticisms featured in the video but “was furious about being tricked into appearing in the video.”

Patton denied they were misled and claimed to the Times that she spoke all of them Friday and they were “upset with the way The Times was ‘twisting their words.'” But per the Times:
    In a separate interview, Ms. Quiñones said she talked to Ms. Patton on Friday afternoon and was comfortable with how she was being portrayed by The Times. She said she was disappointed that her words were twisted to support President Trump.

Ms. Perez and a third tenant, Manny Martinez, said they had not spoken with Ms. Patton on Friday and did not know what she was talking about.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Once again for the umpteenth time Trump was asked what his plan was for a Second term.

This was his verbatim response
    "But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

Yup - That's a man with a plan alright.

• Advertisement

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

"One of the things that will be really great -- the word experience is still good, I always say talent is more important than experience, I've always said that -- but the word experience is a very important word, a very important meaning.
    "I never did this before, never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington maybe 17 times and all of a sudden I'm the President of the United States, you know the story, riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady and I say this is great but I didn't know very many people in Washington, it wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York, and now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like an idiot like Bolton, you don't have to drop bombs on everybody."

Gosh - it's just, it's just chills. Thrill up my leg. So inspiring. I can see the vision for America! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i only check in here every so often. what are peoples thoughts on rand paul being surrounded by peaceful protesters?

like, is there anything like this from the right? maybe there is, i dunno?

this just looks like mob rule gone mad with all reason out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

And then the comment of the night. He says he wants to see the first woman President but that Kamala Harris isn't competent. He doesn't afford her the respect of saying her name, just refers to her as "she". He then points at the clapping seals in the crowd and proclaims "they want Ivanka!"

They. Want. Ivanka.

How is this real life?!
    I think the real problem here is that Donald wants Ivanka.

i only check in here every so often. what are peoples thoughts on rand paul being surrounded by peaceful protesters?

like, is there anything like this from the right? maybe there is, i dunno?

this just looks like mob rule gone mad with all reason out the window.

Isn't Paul a Libertarian? I'd think he'd appreciate their right to protest.

We’ve finally cracked why Trump stopped using Keep America Great - and not just because 180k dead Americans:

https://keepamericagreat.com/

...they never secured the slogan or the web domain.

Clearly, Trump is managing an elite campaign that just shows us yet again why they should be left in charge of the White House :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    How can you make the incredible jump in comparing China's virtual annexation of Hong Kong's legal system to Trump sending in Federal support to maintain Law and Order?
    Police action in both HK and many of the BLM protests are very similar, and the Republican response to these protests is incredibly similar to how the CCP and pro-Beijing parties reacted to the HK protests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Police action in both HK and many of the BLM protests are very similar, and the Republican response to these protests is incredibly similar to how the CCP and pro-Beijing parties reacted to the HK protests.

Utter nonsense. I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Overheal wrote: »
    Isn't Paul a Libertarian? I'd think he'd appreciate their right to protest.

Rand has been attacked before and shot at and tbf seems unfair that he is targeted here.

I think also if this was a male Dem politician getting this type of treatment , the DNC media would not be quick to scream "free speech" also.

Chris Hayes for example was saying this is fine, he supported the tea party doing the same in 2009 even though their was footage of him saying the opposite. :pac:

Got to have standards.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1299341468168081409

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Biker79 wrote: »
    Utter nonsense. I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.
    Which part is nonsense?

I've definitely typed it with a straight face.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Rand has been attacked before and shot at and tbf seems unfair that he is targeted here.

I think also if this was a male Dem politician getting this type of treatment , the DNC media would not be quick to scream "free speech" also.

Chris Hayes for example was saying this is fine, he supported the tea party doing the same in 2009 even though their was footage of him saying the opposite. :pac:

Got to have standards.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1299341468168081409

From my viewing of the video, and I appreciate that it may not be the full event, there was no voilence directed at Paul.

So wouldn't this fall under the right to protest and freedom of speech?

Uncomfortable, no doubt. Intimidating, possibly. I certainly would be scared of it was me, but I am not a serving politician who uses that platform to push my specific views and attempt to get others to adhere to those views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This all just seems to show that the Republican Party is not the big bad that international media display it to be.

There are nutcases and bad people on all sides in America and the divide is getting worse.

I hope Biden wins, for the simple reason is I hope it heals that divide even a small bit.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    From my viewing of the video, and I appreciate that it may not be the full event, there was no voilence directed at Paul.

Uncomfortable, no doubt. Intimidating, possibly. I certainly would be scared of it was me, but I am not a serving politician who uses that platform to push my specific views and attempt to get others to adhere to those views.

I don't think its the end of the world either tbf, although as Lachlan pointed out, it seems a bit odd to target him here. He's doing the rounds so he can't be to bad.

I'd hope though if we were to get similar type of confrontation when it comes to dem male senators we get the same benefit of the doubt.

Leroy42 wrote: »

Is the constant recording of people and the then showing of these recordings on social media legal? Some sort of invasion of privacy law (though Europe seems more comprehensive with this).

Maybe no law was broken, if it was a 7ft msn screaming **** off in the face of a 5ft woman, would you see the same? — not nice, but no laws broken let them continue without admonishment?

This all just seems to show that the Republican Party is not the big bad that international media display it to be.

There are nutcases and bad people on all sides in America and the divide is getting worse.

I hope Biden wins, for the simple reason is I hope it heals that divide even a small bit.

Biden will obviously be better than Trump, but America is in such a bad place right now you need a FDR to slowly get it back on the road.

I seen a tweet a while ago which stuck with me

" Privlidge is thinking everything was fine before Trump came along"

Trump obviously has made things much worse, but could take decades to truly tackle the inequality that covid has magnified .

Such a shame Warren and to a lesser extent Bernie ran such so-so campaigns, both were people that were needed for now.

And before someone snips, yes I'd vote Biden before Trump and nope they are not as bad as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Thank God for Trump. These demonic protesters will try everything to destabilise the country including attacking innocent people and burning down buildings. This is what happens when you remove God from society. The Illuminati and dishonest media have free will to program the minds of those lost souls.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Biden will obviously be better than Trump, but America is in such a bad place right now you need a FDR to slowly get it back on the road.

I seen a tweet a while ago which stuck with me

" Privlidge is thinking everything was fine before Trump came along"

Trump obviously has made things much worse, but could take decades to truly tackle the inequality that covid has magnified .

Such a shame Warren and to a lesser extent Bernie ran such so-so campaigns, both were people that were needed for now.

And before someone snips, yes I'd vote Biden before Trump and nope they are not as bad as each other.

But how will he make it better? Apart from not be an idiot.

The best hope is the Republicans might take losing better than the Democrats have

Thank God for Trump. These demonic protesters will try everything to destabilise the country including attacking innocent people and burning down buildings. This is what happens when you remove God from society. The Illuminati and dishonest media have free will to program the minds of those lost souls.

Thanks for that, I do enjoy a bit of humour with my morning coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Wasn't it a Trump supporter who shot two people dead the other night?

Sorry mods but thats the only response the post deserved.

Is the constant recording of people and the then showing of these recordings on social media legal? Some sort of invasion of privacy law (though Europe seems more comprehensive with this).

Maybe no law was broken, if it was a 7ft msn screaming **** off in the face of a 5ft woman, would you see the same? — not nice, but no laws broken let them continue without admonishment?
    Entirely legal, I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't even be illegal in most of Europe. I think it's pretty reasonable that Paul as their representative has virtually ignored the Breonna Taylor case where she was killed in her home by the Police, in Paul's state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

As much as I want to make a joke about a tin foil special somewhere; do you think if God hadn't been removed from society that the well documented racial issues in the US would " just disappear". Also considering the racial issues in the US have always been there does that mean the US has always been a godless society? If God has been removed from society and the Illuminati and the "dishonest media have free will to program the minds of those lost souls" how have Trump and his supporters been immune to this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement