Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

1990sman wrote: »
    Trump is clearly the man for the job, his use of superlatives is inspiring

his use of superlatives is definitely inspiring to his base but that is a very low bar. Unfortunately he never seems to use them correctly or appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trump is clearly the man for the job, his use of superlatives is inspiring

TREMENDOUS contribution to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Just overheard two twenty somethings chatting in a cafe. Girl A says she's looking forward to November when Trump goes and all this police brutality and racism stops. Girl B agrees, saying that the world will be a safer place with less wars.

It got me thinking, is there a sizeable amount of people out there who believe that racism and police brutality did not exist in the US before Trump? Also, he did not enter any wars unlike his predecessors. Again, I'm not supporting either side but it's just interesting that people thinking life will be rosy with Joe Biden as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Just overheard two twenty somethings chatting in a cafe. Girl A says she's looking forward to November when Trump goes and all this police brutality and racism stops. Girl B agrees, saying that the world will be a safer place with less wars.

I'm going to hazard a guess that this didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It got me thinking, is there a sizeable amount of people out there who believe that racism and police brutality did not exist in the US before Trump? Also, he did not enter any wars unlike his predecessors. Again, I'm not supporting either side but it's just interesting that people thinking life will be rosy with Joe Biden as president.

Was it a hipster cafe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Was it a hipster cafe?

Sure Jacob.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,621 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Noteworthy though that civil unrest has been a vast problem in trumps America and he’s demonstrably been twisting the knife with his rhetoric and lack of unifying message. So I can see why any plebs would associate his tenure with the current state of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

He's no pacifist of course. He cant be. But if he manages to go the whole second term without starting anything he will be the first Peace President in a long, long time. This is probably the main reason why the globalists and hence the globalist controlled media hate on him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Irish people haven't got a clue about America, outside of New York or Florida. It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Irish people haven't got a clue about America, outside of New York or Florida. It's embarrassing.

Even us Irish people living in America?

What do you know about it that I don't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He's no pacifist of course. He cant be. But if he manages to go the whole second term without starting anything he will be the first Peace President in a long, long time. This is probably the main reason why the globalists and hence the globalist controlled media hate on him so much.

What war did Obama start?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He advocated aggressive tactics against US citizens, he used armed forces and tear gas to clear protesters so he could walk across the street from the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

trump is steak and biden is tofu

He advocated aggressive tactics against US citizens, he used armed forces and tear gas to clear protesters so he could walk across the street from the White House.

Not to mention greatly expanding US drone strike campaigns in Yemen and Somalia amongst other places, and changing the law so that they no longer have to report publicly on these drone strikes or the civilian deaths and damage they cause. You might remember under Obama he took heavy criticism (and rightly so) for civilian casualties as a result of drone strikes. It was a common feature on the news: Obama ordered drone strike kills civilians at a wedding or other event in Yemen/Somalia etc.

Well in fairness to Trump he stopped that and it's no longer in the news, but not by stopping the strikes themselves, he simply no longer reports them. President of peace (and transparency) folks!

Speaking of Trump steaks.... another one of the Donald's business failings :pac:

Considering how Trump likes his steak I’m ready for tofu- I think all those soybean farmers he screwed over would thank me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Sleepy Joe Biden is a wussy
    He's too pc to grab the pussy

If Trump is steak now, he will be mincemeat come november

Yeah, while walking trump nearly fell over yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That didn't happen though.

• Advertisement

You should hear the conversation I overhear at the local wizard cafe between the pope and Edward Snowden. They are quite the duo

sleepy creepy basement biden has been there for 50 years, and done nothing. trumps been there for 4 and done loads. tremendous results dude, check out his fantastic numbers.

Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.

Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.

Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.

New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.

Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.

Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.

Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to
    VOCATIONAL education.

95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.

Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.

Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.

Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.

Record number of regulations eliminated.

Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

Signed Right-To-Try legislation.

Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.

Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.

Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.

Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.

Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.

Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

sleepy creepy basement biden has been there for 50 years, and done nothing. trumps been there for 4 and done loads. tremendous results dude, check out his fantastic numbers.

African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to
    VOCATIONAL education.

95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.

Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

Oh look

Another one who believes everything the Trump Administration tells him:rolleyes:

Its also good form to post links to where you get your information, otherwise people will think you are plagiarising;)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

Oh look

Another one who believes everything the Trump Administration tells him:rolleyes:

Its also good form to post links to where you get your information, otherwise people will think you are plagiarising;)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

“As of September 2018”
    Ffs.

All those points are irrelevant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

VOCATIONAL education.

Oh dear, another copy and pasta poster

“As of September 2018”
    Ffs.

:pac:

That's why they still think he will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Should've edited a few bits of it to make it look like his own work

Amateur

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The copy and paste brigade...do they ever have an independent thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The copy and paste brigade...do they ever have an independent thought?

Who needs thoughts when you’ve got lists and bullet points? They’re much more important than thought, any fool can read a list and accept it.

• Advertisement

i watch both their speeches when there's nothin else on, im not too bothered personally but as an unbiased observer, trump is defo way ahead in terms of competency and coherence. he's crushing criminality while the other buck biden seems to endorse it.

id advise any neverTrumpers to check out some of his latest speeches and check out the other angle. if ye consider yerselves freethinkers and individuals. alas for most of the "trumphaters" there aren't much opportunities to learn about the other side on the BotFarm

*re:pastin - yeah i knew the next question would be 'uh wotz he dun' so i randomly copied over some well public points that anyone can find, theres loads more, but who be arsed typin them for people too lazy to lookup and learn for themselves, ta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement