Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

1990sman wrote: »
    i watch both their speeches when there's nothin else on, im not too bothered personally but as an unbiased observer, trump is defo way ahead in terms of competency and coherence. he's crushing criminality while the other buck biden seems to endorse it.

id advise any neverTrumpers to check out some of his latest speeches and check out the other angle. if ye consider yerselves freethinkers and individuals. alas for most of the "trumphaters" there aren't much opportunities to learn about the other side on the BotFarm

Unbiased observer 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

i watch both their speeches when there's nothin else on, im not too bothered personally but as an unbiased observer, trump is defo way ahead in terms of competency and coherence. he's crushing criminality while the other buck biden seems to endorse it.

id advise any neverTrumpers to check out some of his latest speeches and check out the other angle. if ye consider yerselves freethinkers and individuals. alas for most of the "trumphaters" there aren't much opportunities to learn about the other side on the BotFarm

Ah man, you're just the gift that keeps on giving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

sleepy creepy basement biden has been there for 50 years, and done nothing. trumps been there for 4 and done loads. tremendous results dude, check out his fantastic numbers.

Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

SNIP

Such nonsense. Last week alone new unemployment claims were just over 1 MILLION

https://www.dol.gov/ui/data.pdf

Actually not sure anything on that list is true or not misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

*re:pastin - yeah i knew the next question would be 'uh wotz he dun' so i randomly copied over some well public points that anyone can find, theres loads more, but who be arsed typin them for people too lazy to lookup and learn for themselves, ta.

Unbiased but posts directly from the White House website.
    Please sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

*re:pastin - yeah i knew the next question would be 'uh wotz he dun' so i randomly copied over some well public points that anyone can find, theres loads more, but who be arsed typin them for people too lazy to lookup and learn for themselves, ta.

"too lazy to lookup and learn for themselves" says the guy who copy and pasted a list from 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Should've edited a few bits of it to make it look like his own work

Amateur

You could call him the Melenia Trump of boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

isnt unemployment up since the auld covid?

so why not trump? whats so special about biden?

here i'll make it easy:
    TRUMP WILL MAKE A BETTER PRESIDENT OF USA THAN BIDEN - CHANGE MY MIND

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

here i'll make it easy:

How so?

here i'll make it easy:

Read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

here i'll make it easy:

If it needs to be explained to you then you are wayyyyyy too far down the MAGA rabbit hole.

You have my pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

here i'll make it easy:

The wall! He couldn't even build a fooking wall and him a property tycoon. gives his blessing to a bunch of his fellow right whinge grifters to build it for him and the fooking thing falls down and they then get arrested for being the con artists they are (and arrested on a Chynamams boat just for the craic too)
    You could'nt make this ****e up.

Read the thread.

meh, gimmie the jist

#IMPOTUS campaign up to legal shenanigans, getting a judge to invalidate a bunch of mail-in ballot requests.

"A judge on Thursday granted President Trump's campaign's appeal to block 50,000 absentee ballot requests in an Iowa county."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514271-judge-grants-trump-campaigns-request-to-block-thousands-of-iowa-absentee

jamule wrote: »
    The wall! He couldn't even build a fooking wall and him a property tycoon. gives his blessing to a bunch of his fellow right whinge grifters to build it for him and the fooking thing falls down and they then get arrested for being the con artists they are (and arrested on a Chynamams boat just for the craic too)
    You could'nt make this ****e up.

he's gettin mexico to pay for the wall lol and he got the biggest corn deal in the history of country. twice. he's some man for one man. hup trump. best of all he's not even a politician, he just gets stuff done.

im not a magahead, im just conversing on the topic of the thread, i'll have forgotten all of this later, im not gonna cry if the guy loses lol

here i'll make it easy:

Eh he's already the President and things have gone to absolute shiite. Civil unrest (which he takes no responsibility for but fans the flames of). When Biden and Obama were in charge similar issues in the likes of Ferguson never descended in nationwide chaos for months on end.

Absolutely brutal Covid-19 response (22 millions lost their jobs and 185k dead in 6 months and counting which he takes no responsibility for). Under Obama-Biden they dealt with swine flu (c.12,000 deaths over 2 years) and Ebola (2 deaths). Trump called for Obama to resign because of Ebola in the US where 2 people died! The hypocrisy is staggering really.

So yeah Biden probably knows how to be a president and handle crises better.

Took me awhile to find my favorite FLOTUS story, from around 2013 when the #IMPOTUS was banging around about birtherism and whatnot. I think the interview in question was on Oprah. Wish I could find it:

"Would you have married Donald if her were not rich? Melania's sharp answer was: Would he have married me if I were not beautiful?"

Pretty much defines their relationship.

obama? hahahahahahaha

thanks for that.

but seriously, these are unprecedented times (altho technically all time is) and trump is just a product of the times so who better to helm their wheel than someone who has evolved and adapted with current times. biden is a dinosaur in comparison. altho i like dinosaurs. sorry dinos

Igotadose wrote: »
    Took me awhile to find my favorite FLOTUS story, from around 2013 when the #IMPOTUS was banging around about birtherism and whatnot. I think the interview in question was on Oprah. Wish I could find it:

"Would you have married Donald if her were not rich? Melania's sharp answer was: Would he have married me if I were not beautiful?"

in fairness tho he's doin alrite for a fat oap with hair from a can :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I think the interview in question was on Oprah. Wish I could find it:

Say ugly poor people everywhere..

• Advertisement

in fairness tho he's doin alrite for a fat oap with hair from a can :pac:

She got what she was after - a well-financed child and a US citizenship for her and eventually her parents (one of those things the tGOP is rabidly against for everyone else of course.) They sleep in separate rooms, he boldly cheats on her, basically they're a caricature of a married couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,621 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

and over 30 million lost
    More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

Uhm
    We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.

And lost millions more
    Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.

actually it was negative 32.9 percent
    New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.

and also more recently hit a 91-year high
    Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

inflation will certainly do that.
    African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

and also recently achieved the highest rate in 36 years
    Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

Is actually the highest ever recorded at the moment.
    Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

actually the highest rate ever recorded
    Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.

and more recently is the highest rate ever recorded
    Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.

More recently the highest in recorded history
    Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

I think you know what I’m about to say here. :pac:
    Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

And more Recently bbla bla bla...
    Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

You can tell where this has gone lately
    Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.

Has been flat actually
    Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

Has added $7T in debt since taking office and is running a $3T deficit this year so far.
    Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.

They really start scraping the barrel now
    Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
    which have been disasters
    Record number of regulations eliminated.

that’s not an accomplishment when some include regulations on the amount of lead in drinking water.
    Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

Those pesky regulations set up to ensure we don’t have another Great Recession
    Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

Which was a judicial feat having nothing to do with the Trump administration.
    My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

Lol no
    Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

That hasn’t happened yet.
    We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

Not familiar with the legislation referenced but given the list I’m sure it’s not as rosy as led on.
    Signed Right-To-Try legislation.

Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

And dismantled the apparatus for handling a PANdemic
    We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

Yep, so far on this list about the only consistent accomplishment.

Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

The VA choice act of was signed in 2014 by Obama

He did sign the VA accountability act though, decried as a ”massive failure”[/quote]

Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

Furthering our climate change is not accomplishment.
    Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

seeing that hundreds of billions are signed for the military every year I fail to see how this was noteworthy
    NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.

Shaking people down for money whoo hoo
    Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

A vanity project
    Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.

Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Considering the breakneck pace they have gone nuclear in confirmations this is hardly an accomplishment but an erosion of bipartisanship. Most of those judges are Trump policital appointees passed along party lines, some have never even tried a case and some are not even APA certified.
    Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.

Which has encouraged them to continue on with nuclear activity...
    Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
    which has stoked increased tensions in the Middle East
    Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

It doesn’t protect us it makes us a target.
    Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.

It doesn’t protect us it makes us a target
    Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

Yet to really be seen what if anything this will accomplish
    Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

Seems vague and procedural.
    Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

A trade war that hurt American businesses including a bailout of farmers. I can tell you first hand volatility in metals has caused financial turmoil in industry.
    Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

And yet he still does business there.
    Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.

Oh I’m sure that aged well
    Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement

Report out this week that El Paso detention facilities are systematically sexually assaulting children so let’s not pretend this is an accomplishment. We certainly didn’t screen thousands of travelers returning from China in the start of the year...
    We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

And still very few new miles of wall. Lots of replacement or upgraded barriers in existing miles of wall tho. And Mexico hasn’t paid for a penny of it.

Next time if you’re going to plagiarize from somewhere best make sure it’s not a heaping pile of garbage.

maybe at first but they grew to love each other and appreciate each others individuality to become the guardians of each others privacy, innit.

Biker79 wrote: »

Would rather be ugly and poor than be anything like Trump.

Overheal wrote: »
    garbage.

hmmm. not rubbish no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

maybe at first but they grew to love each other and appreciate each others individuality to become the guardians of each others privacy, innit.
    You say you're "unbiased" when it comes to Trump, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Eh he's already the President and things have gone to absolute shiite. Civil unrest (which he takes no responsibility for but fans the flames of). When Biden and Obama were in charge similar issues in the likes of Ferguson never descended in nationwide chaos for months on end.

Absolutely brutal Covid-19 response (22 millions lost their jobs and 185k dead in 6 months and counting which he takes no responsibility for). Under Obama-Biden they dealt with swine flu (c.12,000 deaths over 2 years) and Ebola (2 deaths). Trump called for Obama to resign because of Ebola in the US where 2 people died! The hypocrisy is staggering really.

So yeah Biden probably knows how to be a president and handle crises better.

Obama set the ground for the current unrest. He refused to back the police when ever a contentious shooting occured, and as to his foreign policey, it was a disaster. Say what you like, Trump gives the Chinese a lot more headaches than Obama ever did, or Biden ever would.
    Looking forward to the celebrations in early November, #4moreyears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Biker79 wrote: »
    Do you think being ugly or poor is a character failing?

You never answered me when I asked you to explain your comment to me about the HK/BLM protests comparison by the way

#IMPOTUS campaign up to legal shenanigans, getting a judge to invalidate a bunch of mail-in ballot requests.

"A judge on Thursday granted President Trump's campaign's appeal to block 50,000 absentee ballot requests in an Iowa county."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514271-judge-grants-trump-campaigns-request-to-block-thousands-of-iowa-absentee

There's going to be huge levels of voter suppression by the Republicans over the coming weeks. The Iowa county that they did this is in Linn County - the city of Cedar Rapids is located in Linn County. Like many urban areas it is a Democrat leaning city and voted for Clinton in 2016.

All they need to do is suppress the vote in certain urban areas in a number of swing states and it could be decisive.

• Advertisement

You say you're "unbiased" when it comes to Trump, yeah?

yeah man im not too bothered but the topic of the thread is trump v biden so if i had to pick id go with the trumpster! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement