Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The cognitive dissonance is strong here. Do you have evidence that these people are buddies of Biden? And surely by that logic the Trump supporter who murdered 2 people there is a buddy of Trump??

No, he will call them Joe's buddies and the wishy washy approach, the Democratic leadership not distancing itself from the ideological whack jobs in their party will play in to that. Joe Biden should have been demanding that the national Guard go into Kenosha days ago.

It's about perception.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Danzy wrote: »
    People there need reassurance that the Country is not forgetting them in their hour of need. Leaving their lives and futures to be burnt out by a mob.

They have burnt out or robbed as much as they can at this stage.

And you think Trump is the man to give reassurance? Will it be like the "reassurance" he gave the country when he repeatedly said that covid was nothing to worry about and would just disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Biker79 stay out of this thread.

I wonder which new/dormant account is going to mysteriously become far, far more active on the thread over the next few days...

He goes "He's stoking the fires"

He doesn't go "He doesn't care about poor black people"

Leftie logic 101.

What's a "leftie"? We already know that the only person he cares about is himself so it's best he stays away and doesn't say anything stupid or divisive as he's prone to do every time he opens his big mouth.

Ok, time to call it.

Trump will lose.

It's looking like a close loss but don't underestimate the Democratic party or Joe Biden's ability to deliver for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

And you think Trump is the man to give reassurance? Will it be like the "reassurance" he gave the country when he repeatedly said that covid was nothing to worry about and would just disappear?

Based on the RNC Trump and the republicans are now essentially pretending that Covid-19 has gone away. Over 4,000 Americans died during the RNC of Covid but like Trump himself said I guess "it is what it is".

He just has to be more reassuring on it than his opponent.

That isn't going to take much.

Even the most disingenuous attempt will be better than what Joe will do. Joe has left himself be pigeonholed on this and that can't be undone at this point.

Even the most disingenuous attempt will be better than what Joe will do. Joe has left himself be pigeonholed on this and that can't be undone at this point.[

This is all fantasy and made up in your head. And again I think it's important to remind the Trumpists that Trump is actually the President here. This chaos has happened and is happening on his watch. Amazing that this has to be said but it seems like a few on here are pretending Trump isn't even the President.

da_miser wrote: »
    RFK JR is now on the Trump Train, unthinkable a few months ago, Total Trump victory is a certainty, bet accordantly.

RFK Jnr is a bit of a lunatic and antivaxxer. So not exactly valuable or interesting.

Even the most disingenuous attempt will be better than what Joe will do. Joe has left himself be pigeonholed on this and that can't be undone at this point.

I'm seeing the most social instability in America's history under Trump's watch and pretending this has nothing to do with his rhetoric is dishonest. He actively tries to inflame it on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I think if the Kenosha shootings are going to be discussed, it is important to understand the backgrounds of those who died. We need to know if Rittenhouse genuinely felt his life was in danger. This knowledge will help us understand the situation better. I am not saying anyone deserved to die. On the contrary, I think it is a terrible tragedy what has happened. Three lives ruined. It appears to me that the two men who died posed a considerable danger to Rittenhouse. Did he know about their backgrounds at the time? Possibly not but their penchant for violence would undoubtedly have been evident on the night. These were extremely evil and violent men...

Anthony Huber

Armed with “nothing but his skateboard.” Described as “sweet and loving” despite years of domestic violence, false imprisonment, and use of a deadly weapon charges.
    Huber was a felon and couldn’t have legally carried a gun. But he had his skateboard and he used it to crack Rittenhouse on the head and shoulder.

https://concealednation.org/2020/08/cnn-anthony-huber-only-had-a-skateboard/

Take a look at this guys charge sheet:

ttag202021.jpg

Joseph Rosenbaum

A convicted pedophile, spent time in prison for the sexual abuse of a minor:

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2020/08/28/kenosha-shooting/

Whilst in prison, he racked up a huge list of violent infractions including:

Assault, possession of drugs, arson, weapons manufacturing, assault with weapon...

• Advertisement

I think if the Kenosha shootings are going to be discussed, it is important to understand the backgrounds of those who died. We need to know if Rittenhouse genuinely felt his life was in danger. This knowledge will help us understand the situation better. I am not saying anyone deserved to die. On the contrary, I think it is a terrible tragedy what has happened. Three lives ruined. It appears to me that the two men who died posed a considerable danger to Rittenhouse. Did he know about their backgrounds at the time? Possibly not but their penchant for violence would undoubtedly have been evident on the night. These were extremely evil and violent men...

Anthony Huber

Armed with “nothing but his skateboard.” Described as “sweet and loving” despite years of domestic violence, false imprisonment, and use of a deadly weapon charges.
    Huber was a felon and couldn’t have legally carried a gun. But he had his skateboard and he used it to crack Rittenhouse on the head and shoulder.

ttag202021.jpg

Joseph Rosenbaum

Assault, possession of drugs, arson, weapons manufacturing, assault with weapon...

This is an epic strawman you've created. None of the above is relevant in any way to what the Trump supporting shooter did in murdering 2 people. There truly are no depths that Trumpists won't go to.

Anthony Huber

ttag202021.jpg

Joseph Rosenbaum

There's a video going around of the teen who shot the people, punching a woman so he has a recent history of violence... The man prosecuted of having sex with a minor occurred back in 2002 when he was 18. 18 years free of prosecution is somebody who has reformed. He was the first man that was shot in the head, he was unarmed. All events after were people trying to disarm the guy who shot a man in the head.

On top of that, Rittenhouse boasted about how he would use lethal force. That is not normal or legal in the state with exception of threat to life which isn't realistic for one unarmed man that you need to shoot him in head straight out. He travelled over state lines with a gun he did not own. He broke curfew and open carry is illegal for somebody under 18.

So two people would not have died if he hadn't broken multiple laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This is an epic strawman you've created. None of the above is relevant in any way to what the Trump supporting shooter did in murdering 2 people. There truly are no depths that Trumpists won't go to.

Why is the fact he was a Trump supporter relevant? I keep seeing this but am unsure exactly why who he would vote for matters

Why is the fact he was a Trump supporter relevant? I keep seeing this but am unsure exactly why who he would vote for matters

Only a few days prior he had the homeowners at the RNC who posted guns at protesters who were not carrying problems. Trump has also previously backed militia violence.

Only a few days prior he had the homeowners at the RNC who posted guns at protesters who were not carrying problems. Trump has also previously backed militia violence.

The teen did that?

Did they use the mail service to post the guns? I thought Trump has against the mail

The teen did that?

Did they use the mail service to post the guns? I thought Trump has against the mail

Trump did that, rhetoric can easily have knock on effects.

It probably has something to do with the fact that the current president has openly promoted armed uprisings against democratically elected governments in the last few months, called attendees of a neo nazi rally that descended into terrorism "very fine people", has openly supported violence against those who disagree with his politics (and said he will cover any legal fees arising from said violence), has glorified violence during these very protests, has shown equal disdain for peaceful protests by villifying them in the media for months on end (Kaepernick) and even outright gassing them including the clergy who were attendant, has outright supported police violence and brutality in the past, as well as complete support of outright violence against journalists by elected officials.

Disagree. As I said, if he felt his life was in danger then he may be less of a cold blooded killer than people think. I have seen videos of Rittenhouse going around with a first aid kit, helping people injured. I have also seen videos of Rosenboum shouting at armed people "shoot me <n word> shoot me!" minutes before being shot. Rosenboum was particularly unhinged on the night. Again as I have already stated, nobody should be dead and its a tragedy IMHO but I think we all need the full picture no matter how hard it is to swallow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Disagree. As I said, if he felt his life was in danger then he may be less of a cold blooded killer than people think. I have seen videos of Rittenhouse going around with a first aid kit, helping people injured. I have also seen videos of Rosenboum shouting at armed people "shoot me <n word> shoot me!" minutes before being shot. Rosenboum was particularly unhinged on the night. Again as I have already stated, nobody should be dead and its a tragedy IMHO but I think we all need the full picture no matter how hard it is to swallow

I’ve seen videos of him punching a girl.

Trump did that, rhetoric can easily have knock on effects.

Agree he's been very poor on dealing with this, however so can a lack of condemnation

None of the political establishment are coming out of this well. Its a tinder box ready to blow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anthony Huber

ttag202021.jpg

Joseph Rosenbaum

Does the shooter have access to that information?

Did the shooter target those individuals based on that information or was their killing 'a happy little accident' and was deserved despite the victims already paying their dues for their crimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Agree he's been very poor on dealing with this, however so can a lack of condemnation

None of the political establishment are coming out of this well. Its a tinder box ready to blow

Has trump condemned the shooter yet? Surely if he hasn't, and then visits the site, that it can only embolden further similar attacks

duploelabs wrote: »
    Has trump condemned the shooter yet? Surely if he hasn't, and then visits the site, that it can only embolden further similar attacks

I'm expecting him to be sympathetic towards the shooter when he goes to Kenosha.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Does the shooter have access to that information?

Did the shooter target those individuals based on that information or was their killing 'a happy little accident' and was deserved despite the victims already paying their dues for their crimes?

I addressed this in the very post you quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Have you seen this video of Rittenhouse?

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1299847372185403392

I addressed this in the very post you quoted

No, you've tried to portray them as incredibly evil(one of them was convicted in 2002, nothing further since) but even his life being in considerable danger is not something that's remotely established.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

It probably has something to do with the fact that the current president has openly promoted armed uprisings against democratically elected governments in the last few months, called attendees of a neo nazi rally that descended into terrorism "very fine people", has openly supported violence against those who disagree with his politics (and said he will cover any legal fees arising from said violence), has glorified violence during these very protests, has shown equal disdain for peaceful protests by villifying them in the media for months on end (Kaepernick) and even outright gassing them including the clergy who were attendant, has outright supported police violence and brutality in the past, as well as complete support of outright violence against journalists by elected officials.

I see this old chestnut is still doing the rounds.

I think if the Kenosha shootings are going to be discussed, it is important to understand the backgrounds of those who died.

Didn't take long for the victim blaming. Trump supporters are so predictable.

Trump supporters trying to ram and maim protestors in Portland. Trump has emboldened them. Trump has stoked these fires. The shootings in Kenosha is just the start.

• Advertisement

I see this old chestnut is still doing the rounds.

Of course it is. Had there been multiple marches literally organised by ISIS and Al Qaeda in a city during Obama's tenure under the guide of 'religious freedom' yet filled with ISIS banners and jihadist slogans etc, one of which resulted in terrorism and murder, there would have been uproar. The Unite the Right rallies were organised by outright white supremacists like Richard Spencer (of "heil Trump!" infamy) and even the KKK themselves.

Had Obama gone to that city immediately afterwards and said he didn't support Islamic extremists but these "religious freedom" rallies filled with said jihadists and extremists, and again organised by al Qaeda and ISIS, had "very fine people" partaking in them, he would rightfully have been called out as sympathizing with and validating terrorist extremists and bigots.

This is precisely what Trump did, only replacing ISIS/Al Qaeda/jihadists with the KKK and high profile white supremacists. There is no defending it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement